CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Optic isn't gonna drop anyone between now and Columbus.

Now if Splyce gives them the business again, they might make a roster move.

The parallels to this team & OG Final Boss are interesting.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Optic could drop Lethul and pickup Saiyan if they wanted but I think they shouldn't and they wont. Go to Cbus and try again and if it doesn't work then maybe. It's only a 50k tourney so they don't need to do anything drastic yet.

Optic could drop Lethul and pickup Saiyan if they wanted but I think they shouldn't and they wont. Go to Cbus and try again and if it doesn't work then maybe. It's only a 50k tourney so they don't need to do anything drastic yet.

Rosters probably are locked after Columbus

I've returned home (aka school) from Orlando safe and sound, despite a hectic final day + travel that created tons of more crazy stories.

Thank you everyone for the kind words throughout the event, it lifted me up a lot! Definitely hear a lot of feedback too, and I made plenty of mistakes that I am eager to fix if/when I get the chance to work with MLG again in Columbus. I hear you guys on observing ideas and criticisms for sure, there is a lot me and Harry need to work on to really nail the perfect spectator experience for Halo. A lot of that just came down to the communication between the two of us in the back.

You guys know I love to write, so I think I might make a little post-mortem thread about my first experience a Halo tournament/getting to work on MLG's 5 year comeback to Halo. Share some photos I took with people like @@Batchford @@Sandman @@Bravo, etc.

Awesome event, awesome people. Pleasure to be a part of it. Now to sleep, try to pass all these classes I missed, and play some Halo and Fortnite.

Now, what takes precedence? Purple VIP tag, or Orange Staff tag!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Rosters probably are locked after Columbus

Even then, I'd stick it out for the season.

They've lost one event to a fresh new roster. And it's not the one that really matters. The sky's not falling yet and OG aren't done by a long shot.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 - Splyce

2 - Optic

3 - Envy

4 - Renegades

5 - Reciprocity

6 - Elevate

7 - Fyra

8 - Oxygen Supremacy/Str8

These are of course without looking at seedings, brackets or pools and are my (LAN) power rankings.

Other than Elevate I wasn't too far off! (although I cheated) 

How did everyone else do?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Barvo on correctly predicting NV over REC.

I'm more of a fan of nV, but I wasn't sure if they were gonna outplace REC.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

imo splyce is 1A and optic is 1B

splyce is seriously talented and i think they are going to be good for a long time but i also think OG under performed this event

they lost gametypes they usually win (and they also won a gametype they usually lose :kappa: )

hz47De0.png

^ these are scrims + 2k results since december 1st, 2017 (source: halo data hive)

This info is really neat, however,

I don't think Splyce scrimmed enough for this to hold as much water. 

I'd be much more interested in how Splyce and OpTic performed against each other, NV and REC.

OpTic's numbers could be skewed by them simply scrimming more, and rolling lesser teams. 

Barvo on correctly predicting NV over REC.

I'm more of a fan of nV, but I wasn't sure if they were gonna outplace REC.

i watch too many scrims - nv have an amazing air, rec do not. it's not always about stats. that being said.. i don't believe optic will be caught off guard again!

This info is really neat, however,

I don't think Splyce scrimmed enough for this to hold as much water. 

I'd be much more interested in how Splyce and OpTic performed against each other, NV and REC.

OpTic's numbers could be skewed by them simply scrimming more, and rolling lesser teams. 

splyce actually scrimmed weaker teams than OG

you're right however, it's more important to see the top 4 teams vs eachother

i have the data from top 4 vs top 4 but i havent updated the data in about 2 weeks 

i'll update and share in the AM

• Upvote (+1) 4

Splyce outslayed Optic by +14 in the Grand Finals.

By comparison here are the slaying numbers from other marquee series:

WBR2: Splyce vs. Rec (+44 Splyce) 3:0

WBR2: NV vs. OG (+16 NV) 3:0

WBF: Splyce vs. NV (+38 Splyce) 4:0

LBR6: OG vs. REC (+13 OG) 4:0

LBF: OG vs. NV (+34 OG) 4:2

GF: OG vs. Splyce (+14 Splyce) 4:2

I agree with Tibby on this one, even if Optic maybe underperformed, Splyce dominated this tournament.

• Upvote (+1) 2

imo splyce is 1A and optic is 1B

splyce is seriously talented and i think they are going to be good for a long time but i also think OG under performed this event

they lost gametypes they usually win (and they also won a gametype they usually lose :kappa: )

hz47De0.png

^ these are scrims + 2k results since december 1st, 2017 (source: halo data hive)

cool stuff!

imagine if this is the type of post game analysis we got during the presentation! that would be sick!

• Upvote (+1) 1

can roster changes happen still before worlds for pros? I wonder if anyone will swoop neptune if so

Dilemma

I can manually add the Splyce vs Envy game result that crashed so that a record of the game exists on the site. This part is okay.

I've a screenshot from the in game carnage report (a player viewed it as the game crashed) which I could also add.

This would mean KD etc would be updated on the site but not stronghold specific stats.

Adding the carnage report stats would mean the overview page for the lan would have the correct kd/kda stats but the stronghold specific top 10 would be effected as the Nv and Splyce players per game would be a +1 when dividing each medal (which wont exist).

So should I just add the result of the game or the result and what I can of the carnage report?

Dilemma

I can manually add the Splyce vs Envy game result that crashed so that a record of the game exists on the site. This part is okay.

I've a screenshot from the in game carnage report (a player viewed it as the game crashed) which I could also add.

This would mean KD etc would be updated on the site but not stronghold specific stats.

Adding the carnage report stats would mean the overview page for the lan would have the correct kd/kda stats but the stronghold specific top 10 would be effected as the Nv and Splyce players per game would be a +1 when dividing each medal (which wont exist).

So should I just add the result of the game or the result and what I can of the carnage report?

Wait, the stats of the replay weren’t uploaded in full?

Wait, the stats of the replay weren’t uploaded in full?

The Strongholds on The Rig game crashed when NV had 98 points and 2 strongholds. So they gave NV the win. 

If the game crashes like that the stats arent pushed to the API.