CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

What's up with the player pausing? Some kind of pause or frame buffer?

they think it reduces heavy aim - wish they would turn off pausing so spectators don't constantly have to see it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

What's up with the player pausing? Some kind of pause or frame buffer?

Are you familiar with heavy aim? Some players feel that pausing and unpausing helps reduce heavy aim. So when they're not in immediate danger they'll quickly pause and unpause to reset it.

I know Walshy playing down his success for the time it was, but Team 3D / Final Boss won't be matched - it was an unreal run.

how many wins did they have? it was around 50 wasnt it

Are you familiar with heavy aim? Some players feel that pausing and unpausing helps reduce heavy aim. So when they're not in immediate danger they'll quickly pause and unpause to reset it.

I'm not aware of heavy aim. what exactly causes it?

No sweep. Phew.

Thank God OG has a few months to prepare for Worlds because this Splyce team is going to be hard to take down.

• Upvote (+1) 5

If anyone can solve this, they deserve the Worlds prize pool.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Nobody is really sure, there's a lot of theories. The two most popular are game performance and server connectivity. Mind you, they're playing this on Xbox One Xs which in theory would be powerful enough to solve the issue, and they're playing on the local server application (pretty much LAN) so server connectivity shouldn't be a problem.

It's just the feeling that your reticule is all of a sudden moving slower than usual. It also seems to be random, I've only had it happen a few times where other people feel it's there every game. When it happened to me, my four sensitivity all of a sudden felt like one. Now that there's so many settings to sensitivity, a lot of players have two or three configurations depending how their reticule is feeling in the game.