CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Calling it now.

Optic 4-0 NV

Yesterday Optic was not playing at anywhere near their best today though they look extremely dominant like they did at last year's HWC.

I disagreed with the Splyce change when it happened. I thought Splyce should have stuck together when it happened.

I'm still confused at people who thought they were downgrading by replacing Shooter and Bubu with Eco/Stellur.

If you were to build a squad to try and top Optic would this Spylce roster be it? 

Someone mentioned the lack of gun skill in Shooter, and ultimately I think that was the motivation for the move. Eco was criminally underrated in the early parts of H5, but as time went on, he got the praise he deserved. He has the same in-game "role" as Shooter, but has a much better shot.

If you were to build a squad to try and top Optic would this Spylce roster be it? 

Yes

I wonder how Splyce not taking scrims seriously will affect their performance on LAN :thinking:

Can't quit when you're down, if you're never down.

If you were trying to build one that would stack up against OpTic I honestly don't really think you have many other options. Maybe you could do something with some combination of Saiyan/Trippy/Penguin and the current Splyce roster but Splyce is so stacked if you weren't allowed to take optic members Idk if you could really do better

I'd like to see some combination of Splyce/OpTic 

I think the only way this Splyce roster could be improved further would be replacing Stellur with someone like Huke but he's no longer in the scene anymore.

I also think that Saiyan could be considered an upgrade over Stellur as well but that's a lot more debatable.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think the only way this Splyce roster could be improved further would be replacing Stellur with someone like Huke but he's no longer in the scene anymore.

I also think that Saiyan could be considered an upgrade over Stellur as well but that's a lot more debatable.

Highly debateable.

Stellur is like... really fucking good

• Upvote (+1) 8

I've NEVER operated a tournament that had this many 3-0s and 4-0s

Welcome to enhanced movement Halo  :flip:

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I wonder how Splyce not taking scrims seriously will affect their performance on LAN  :thinking:

Eco/Stellur play better and more seriously the better their opponents are and the higher the stakes are.

:lxthul:

Someone mentioned the lack of gun skill in Shooter, and ultimately I think that was the motivation for the move. Eco was criminally underrated in the early parts of H5, but as time went on, he got the praise he deserved. He has the same in-game "role" as Shooter, but has a much better shot.

In my opinion, Shooter's problem is not a lack of gunskill nor is it a lack of game understanding.  People seem to overlook it, but he just doesn't seem to perform as well in high pressure situations as his peers.  He's GREAT online and in low stakes matches, but when it really matters, his composure weakens.  The best example, I believe, is from the UMG Daytona tournament in the Liquid vs Splyce series, manifesting in a few 1v1s against Rayne.  Both players are missing shots like crazy and in bad situations, but Shooter comes out the loser when it happens.

If you were trying to build one that would stack up against OpTic I honestly don't really think you have many other options. Maybe you could do something with some combination of Saiyan/Trippy/Penguin and the current Splyce roster but Splyce is so stacked if you weren't allowed to take optic members Idk if you could really do better

I'd like to see some combination of Splyce/OpTic 

Hot take: I'd like to see Saiyan in place of Royal 2 on OpTic.

Eco/Stellur play better and more seriously the better their opponents are and the higher the stakes are.

:lxthul:

In my opinion, Shooter's problem is not a lack of gunskill nor is it a lack of game understanding. People seem to overlook it, but he just doesn't seem to perform as well in high pressure situations as his peers. He's GREAT online and in low stakes matches, but when it really matters, his composure weakens. The best example, I believe, is from the UMG Daytona tournament in the Liquid vs Splyce series, manifesting in a few 1v1s against Rayne. Both players are missing shots like crazy and in bad situations, but Shooter comes out the loser when it happens.

Hot take: I'd like to see Saiyan in place of Royal 2 on OpTic.

In place of TJ