CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I'm pretty sure Rec went 0-8 against the T4 teams on LAN it's not a good look for this team honestly taking zero games against the other top teams.

0-7 against Splyce(0-3) & Optic(0-4), they were one unlucky flag bounce from taking a game against Optic. Does anybody have the first interview with Spartan? He made it sound like this event was just to learn and it would've been good to get a good placing, but wasn't expecting it.

0-7 against Splyce(0-3) & Optic(0-4), they were one unlucky flag bounce from taking a game against Optic. Does anybody have the first interview with Spartan? He made it sound like this event was just to learn and it would've been good to get a good placing, but wasn't expecting it.

I'm sorry but no "winner" would say something like that, you know?

You should go into every event with a winning mindset no matter what. If a teammate of mine said that I wouldn't be happy. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

You should go into every event with a winning mindset no matter what. If a teammate of mine said that I wouldn't be happy. 

Tell that to CSGO teams.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Any shots of the crowd? Stream numbers are low as to be expected for halo, but how's the turnout for the event?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm still confused at people who thought they were downgrading by replacing Shooter and Bubu with Eco/Stellur.

You never know with roster changes, glad it worked out though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's probably been noted already but having the soundtrack playing in the background between games or during segments is too dope. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm still confused at people who thought they were downgrading by replacing Shooter and Bubu with Eco/Stellur.

I literally came across nobody who thought that.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I really hope nobody actually thought that. Shooter and Bubu (seriously actually watch him windmill or just not actually readjust his aim the second anyone kind of gets out of his aim for a second) both struggle with the pistol on kind of a basic level where Eco/Stellur have been two of the best H5 players for basically the entire time its been out

Splyce was up 16 on NV in Truth Slayer and it just seemed like a regular game. They're slaying ability is on point right now.

I literally came across nobody who thought that.

I really hope nobody actually thought that. Shooter and Bubu (seriously actually watch him windmill the second anyone kind of gets out of his aim for a second) both struggle with the pistol on kind of a basic level where Eco/Stellur have been two of the best H5 players for basically the entire time its been out

There were quite a few people I saw posting the opinion that the team would be lost without some sort of objective leader in Shooter.

I had to make a long post explaining why they were all massively underrating Kevin and not realizing at all what he brings to a team.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I've NEVER operated a tournament that had this many 3-0s and 4-0s

Welcome to the extremely top-heavy Halo scene.  :lxthul:

That's not what he said.  He said he thinks they can win, but they don't expect to win.  Thats how you overlook opponents, if you think you won before you started.

There were quite a few people I saw posting the opinion that the team would be lost without some sort of objective leader in Shooter.

I had to make a long post explaining why they were all massively underrating Kevin and not realizing at all what he brings to a team.

That Rhetoric died when Envy & Splyce both took tournaments off of Optic.

Proved that you need good comms and an in-game leader (which Shooter & Eco are) but more importantly you needed slaying ability and you needed to win 1v1 Pistol Battles.

The overwhelming majority was that Splyce upgraded, taking the two best players from TL.

The overwhelming majority was that Splyce upgraded, taking the two best players from TL.

I must've been reading an entirely different forum when that Splyce news came out.

• Upvote (+1) 3