CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Walshy, Simms, GB, Onset, Wonderboy, Gaskin, Elamite and Bravo are all top quality casters, and the best we have for sure.

Butters, while a cool story, isn't that great and shouldn't be casting major matches. Similar to Strongside, they just mess up word choices and pronunciations too often, sometimes repeating the same sentence over and over again, or in a different variation saying the same thing ("Will he get the snipe? YES he will get the snipe!"). 

Now that we have MLG production, we need the casters to step it up as well. It's taking me out of the experience.

I genuinely can't enjoy matches that Strongside casts because I'm just waiting for the moment he messes up and it's cringe/hard to listen to. It's all I think about during those matches instead of the gameplay. 

Don't mean to hate so strongly, but, someones gotta say it I guess. 

THAT being said, the analyst desk is excellent. 

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I love Simms and his casting, but dude needs to look at a basic diagram for how a gun works, and stop referring to the shots left in the MAGAZINE like they’re in the chamber, or even worse, the barrel. Oh, is Mikwen’s gun jammed to a comical degree, or do you just not understand basic gun terminology for like 4 years in a row?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 17

I think all valea was getting at was that the last few ESL events went pretty well and had a comparable number of issues to this event, which is a fair statement. I do agree with the majority that this is without a doubt the best Halo 5 open we've had so far from a stream and production standpoint. IDK how much I like pool play as a concept but it's much more entertaining to watch than open teams.

@@Clap will a full event team/roster list be published?

Pool play is the only way to incorporate international teams without destroying the brackets, gives more teams a chance to prove they are worthy of the Champ bracket AND it’s more entertaining to watch than scrubs in the open.

What’s not to like about the concept?

• Upvote (+1) 2

For those watching the caster match we taped on Friday, if you see the grainy issue on the POV cams...this was before we fixed it on Friday morning

What just going to ask because the audio is stuck on POV's for this as well. Still a cool thing, hope to see this in the future too.

My Body is ready!

Right now it seems like it's between Splyce and NV, I still think Og can make it to grand finals but clearly something is off and i wont make excuses for them.

Why is no one casting the casters match?

:lxthul:

In retrospect it would have been sick if me and @@Wonderboy got to cast that haha

Simms trash talk is always music to the ears though.

:simms:

• Upvote (+1) 8

Why is no one casting the casters match?

:lxthul:

Seriously though, next time it would be awesome if like Lethul and Royal 2/some other combination of pro players casted the casters match. 

Walshy, Simms, GB, Onset, Wonderboy, Gaskin and Bravo are all top quality casters, and the best we have for sure.

Butters, while a cool story, isn't that great and shouldn't be casting major matches. Similar to Strongside, they just mess up word choices and pronunciations too often, sometimes repeating the same sentence over and over again, or in a different variation saying the same thing ("Will he get the snipe? YES he will get the snipe!"). 

Now that we have MLG production, we need the casters to step it up as well. It's taking me out of the experience.

I genuinely can't enjoy matches that Strongside casts because I'm just waiting for the moment he messes up and it's cringe/hard to listen to. It's all I think about during those matches instead of the gameplay. 

Don't mean to hate so strongly, but, someones gotta say it I guess. 

THAT being said, the analyst desk is excellent. 

Huh? I find him to be great. And especially refreshing.