CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I think this event showed how important bootcamping is for EU teams. While I personally think they have improved since the last event, the lack of bootcamping meant that they weren't able to get used to NA team play styles, timezone etc and as of this they did not perform as well as they would've liked. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Having watched Pistolas interview, that had to be a dig at Snipedown/Mikwen.

Definitely, when you’ve experienced the highs and wins and popularity that Snipedown and Pistola have in the past, I’m not surprised that they would let that success go to their head. Maybe that’s why Pistola is a good fit with the other 3 young guys on his team, there is no one to butt heads with as they would all respect Olas experience and wisdom and take his advice. Snipedown on the other hand, may not simply because they are both players of the same generation.

Now I hope that Rec can beat Optic and NV lose to Splyce so we can see a LB final matchup between the three ex teammates!

I think this event showed how important bootcamping is for EU teams.

Despite the lack of bootcamping for this event, after seeing how they played this weekend against NA teams I would not want to be one of the players who didn't go to Orlando next weekend in London.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I think this event showed how important bootcamping is for EU teams. While I personally think they have improved since the last event, the lack of bootcamping meant that they weren't able to get used to NA team play styles, timezone etc and as of this they did not perform as well as they would've liked.

Exactly what i have been thinking. In all of the EU team matches i watched they really struggled once the pace picked up.

Hopefully infused dont take it too hard as they played really well in many series and could have taken games 2 and 3 from NV if they fixed a couple of minor mistakes. Honestly they looked so deflated after that loss im not surprised they lost the first couple of games against fyra.

On another note though, really impressed with wise frag, such a promising team. Hope they do well at regionals.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm loving this event so far! One thing I still really miss from the old MLG days is how long they would stay on an individual players' POV. Some of the best moments for me used to be watching an individual player really going off for an entire game - I feel like we're trading that out to give every player a bit of screen time. It's always dissapointing to see someone going off in the kill feed or in the post-game lobby stats and not to have witnessed it. I also feel like it maybe gives you a more relatable perspective on how the game is unfolding when you're not switching back and forth so much. Anyway -- it's not like this ruins the experience for me at all and I'm still totally digging the event. Just thought I'd bring it up and see what people thought!

Sune.

• Upvote (+1) 4

One thing to note. Trippey stepped up his game big time. He used to get overly excited a lot, now he looks much more calm both mentaly and when it comes to in game decisions. Also looks like he lost some weight. I like where he is going.

• Upvote (+1) 6

One thing to note. Trippey stepped up his game big time. He used to get overly excited a lot, now he looks much more calm both mentaly and when it comes to in game decisions. Also looks like he lost some weight. I like where he is going.

The Ola effect.

• Upvote (+1) 3

All I was able to tune in for yesterday was about the last hour or so. It was almost unwatchable for me, so I just listened while I caught up on beyond. It's a pet-peeve of mine when the audio doesn't sync up with the people talking, because it's all I can focus on.

Not sure how the rest of the broadcast went as I was unable to tune in Friday-Saturday due to work and family obligations. Sounded like it was a great stream though, at work again today so doubt I get to watch any.

• Upvote (+1) 1

All I was able to tune in for yesterday was about the last hour or so. It was almost unwatchable for me, so I just listened while I caught up on beyond. It's a pet-peeve of mine when the audio doesn't sync up with the people talking, because it's all I can focus on.

Not sure how the rest of the broadcast went as I was unable to tune in Friday-Saturday due to work and family obligations. Sounded like it was a great stream though, at work again today so doubt I get to watch any.

Definitely watch the rebroadcast of Nv vs Optic

• Upvote (+1) 1

Always used to hear so many negative comments surrounding Trippey's attitude. Cool to hear Ola talk about how his teammates don't have egos. It feels like plenty of the young players have really humbled themselves when they start to make a name for themselves.

Morning all, i know theres only a few hours till go time but any feedback you want me to pass onto the casting team as we head through 2018 feel free to let me know, if theres any last minute lines or points you wanna see touched on for champ Sunday the DMs are open. Taking a back seat compared to usual as this is an MLG event and respectively im here to cast but more than happy to take on board casting feedback to chat through with the boys.

Ive seen a few comments pitting events and TOs off against each other (only natural and to be expected) but i can happily say this is one of the best events ive had the pleasure of attending and MLG is by far one the the best TO’s ive ever freelanced for. Enjoy champ sunday boys x

Wonderboy cameo plz
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Strongside needs to not cast the big matches.

He completely fudged Frosty's overkill. Such a buzz kill. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Morning all, i know theres only a few hours till go time but any feedback you want me to pass onto the casting team as we head through 2018 feel free to let me know, if theres any last minute lines or points you wanna see touched on for champ Sunday the DMs are open. Taking a back seat compared to usual as this is an MLG event and respectively im here to cast but more than happy to take on board casting feedback to chat through with the boys.

Ive seen a few comments pitting events and TOs off against each other (only natural and to be expected) but i can happily say this is one of the best events ive had the pleasure of attending and MLG is by far one the the best TO’s ive ever freelanced for. Enjoy champ sunday boys x

I feel like this weekend the casters have been more reliant on the "They're down 2 kills. Now it's a 1 kill game!" type commentary.

It's ok to fall back on it sometimes; but it's been over the top this weekend. We can see the score on the screen, it doesn't need to be read out to us kill by kill.

• Upvote (+1) 6

If this was last year I might make it home in time to catch the finals. But since Halo apparently runs on schedule now I probably won't.

What a turn around.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Strongside needs to not cast the big matches.

He completely fudged Frosty's overkill. Such a buzz kill. 

Tbf the way the medals popped up ruined it more than anything. The overkill medal popped up super late so I could see why they were confused whether he got it or not.

• Upvote (+1) 1

with the way mlg is handling this is event i am super hyped for today. hopefully champ monday is just as good!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Tbf the way the medals popped up ruined it more than anything. The overkill medal popped up super late so I could see why they were confused whether he got it or not.

I had no question whether or not he got it, seemed pretty intuitive.

You'd think casters casting the biggest matches of events would be clued into that stuff. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

You'd think casters casting the biggest matches of events would be clued into that stuff. 

honestly, i dont think many of them play halo that much to know those timings

• Upvote (+1) 1

No I know, I did too. I was thinking to myself "that's an over, just wait the medal will pop." But there should be no question to it. The overkill medal should never pop up as an after thought. There are too many bullshit medals that just get in the way more than anything. 

• Upvote (+1) 2