CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Is it just me or is the whole staff on high alert damage control over like nothing right now? lol

The event is going wonderfully guys, chill tf out

Responding to posts is damage control? 

Huh?

• Upvote (+1) 5

I think it's kinda ironic that Valaea posts some complaints and Clap responds within 5 minutes. Meanwhile hundreds of posts were made regarding ESL's events and we got radio silence for a year.

nice people etc etc

• Upvote (+1) 3

OG won at DH Denver

I thought that win was voided due to Optic's unsanctioned use of Elite controllers?

Its amazing the amount of mental gymnastics people will perform to try and discredit people...

MLG is f***ing killing it this weekend IMO

From what I've heard, it's not perfect (not that it really can be, things happen)

But its damn good

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I was wondering what a 343 Halo event without 20 minute delays between games is like. I finally know.

Keep in mind MLG is using the Halo 5 LAN client which is probably a shitload easier to use than the big Halo 5 proprietary server thing.

Having said that, the seamless production, stream quality (two of them!), transparency, production value and organisation is leagues (pun intended) ahead of ESL. Night and day.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm sad I haven't been able to watch any this weekend.

Seeing nV's success makes me really, really wonder what an Eco, Stellur, Penguin, Saiyan roster would have been able to do in either of the past two seasons.

• Upvote (+1) 5

After watching the NV vs OG match, I'm curious as to whether OpTic was just off their game or if NV's style of play forced them to play more individually. 

Definitely will be a very interesting match-up going forward.

After watching the NV vs OG match, I'm curious as to whether OpTic was just off their game or if NV's style of play forced them to play more individually. 

Definitely will be a very interesting match-up going forward.

There were some crazy disciplined plays being made by nV. Like the rocket play at the end of the coli CTF. ~20 seconds left in regulation has the rockets and he doesn't desperate the flag stop, lets it go in, takes a good position, gets some solid rocket kills, caps the flag just before time runs out to win 2-1 with zero chance of an optic counter cap. 99.99% of people ran the rockets in trying to get a stop that probably wasn't going to happen and the game goes into OT

• Upvote (+1) 4

There were some crazy disciplined plays being made by nV. Like the rocket play at the end of the coli CTF. ~20 seconds left in regulation has the rockets and he doesn't desperate the flag stop, lets it go in, takes a good position, gets some solid rocket kills, caps the flag just before time runs out to win 2-1 with zero chance of an optic counter cap. 99.99% of people ran the rockets in trying to get a stop that probably wasn't going to happen and the game goes into OT

100%. Noticed that and immediately told @@TheSimms how big it was. Great self restraint from the young god Trippey.

Optic plays the winner of Renegades and Oxygen Supremacy because the bracket is designed to avoid Champ Winners Bracket rematches.

But there can’t be a Champ WB rematch, because Renegades were already knocked down to the losers bracket.

Putting them up against Optic again before the final few matches doesn’t make sense, when you can have RNG vs REC and OG vs Str8 (assuming they both make it past the other losers match as they are higher seed).

The current plan will see replays of pool play, as we already saw RNG v OG and REC vs Str8 on Friday. It’s a minor bracket change but provides a lot more variety of match ups.

100%. Noticed that and immediately told @@TheSimms how big it was. Great self restraint from the young god Trippey.

Can one of you punch Bravo for how he pronounces Saiyan? It's say-in not say-Yan.

where's the crowd this event? I dont remember hearing any uproars or cheering

side stations. Wait for champ sunday where everyone will be concentrated on main stage. 

where's the crowd this event? I dont remember hearing any uproars or cheering

Crowd got hype during the Optic vs nV match up.

trying to look at this objectively ... audio issues, important games played off stream, FFA delayed for hours, casting = exact same as ESL casting, tournament director saying “we’ll do better next time”, and everyone is still freaking about how omg amazing MLG is?

Look, I was excited too (I’ve watched more MLG event VoD than any sane person should) but this stream is literally exactly as good as the past couple ESL events. maybe attending in person would be way better, idk? So far this has not given me the same feeling as 2006 or 2009 MLG events.

obligatory “here comes the neg rep” ... just trying to be honest, guys

Hello friend, It's me, the guy who is on your side when it comes to objectivity.

Just wondering, what would you say are the things that:

1) made ESL objectively equal or greater than MLG this event, or

2) MLG did poorly enough to warrant an equal footing with ESL

IMO, the greatest fault of MLG was that there was a Bravo stream advertised, but a ~1.5 hour vacancy on said stream with no explanation whatsoever. Even after comments/questions on these forums. That's the only thing I can think of besides the minor audio issues.

Enlighten us on how you can equate the 2 TOs, especially given that this is the first for MLG since regionals last year, and ESL had numerous instances.

Love,

AJ

• Upvote (+1) 1

But there can’t be a Champ WB rematch, because Renegades were already knocked down to the losers bracket.

Putting them up against Optic again before the final few matches doesn’t make sense, when you can have RNG vs REC and OG vs Str8 (assuming they both make it past the other losers match as they are higher seed).

The current plan will see replays of pool play, as we already saw RNG v OG and REC vs Str8 on Friday. It’s a minor bracket change but provides a lot more variety of match ups.

We also saw RNG vs Rec and OG vs Str8 on Saturday in WBR1, that's what he means by a champ wb rematch.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

We also saw RNG vs Rec and OG vs Str8 on Saturday in WBR1, that's what he means by a champ wb rematch.

Oh yeah! Haha my bad.

I see how this came about though. When the pools were created, the seeds 5-8 weren’t put in expected positions causing there to be early replays in bracket play.

I guess it’s only a LB round earlier than expected so not a major inconvenience!