CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Good EU showing this weekend, nothing to be ashamed of, you stalwart pondhoppers, you.

Where the heck did Wisefrag come from? I admittedly don't pay a whole lot of attention to AM teams, but they seemed like they had some fire in their gut today.

• Upvote (+1) 1

what the fuck, OG got swept by nv? 

and they lost coli ctf???  :stressed:

this is just how lethul unlocks ultra instinct, dont worry

• Upvote (+1) 7

Good EU showing this weekend, nothing to be ashamed of, you stalwart pondhoppers, you.

The improvement has been steady and at this point I wouldn't be against 343 giving them special treatment when it comes to NA events.

If EU can compete at the top level, Halo will benefit immensely.

I also wouldn't be against the top 2 ANZ and LATAM teams competing in EU events for a chance to improve as well.

• Upvote (+1) 3

trying to look at this objectively ... audio issues, important games played off stream, FFA delayed for hours, casting = exact same as ESL casting, tournament director saying “we’ll do better next time”, and everyone is still freaking about how omg amazing MLG is?

Look, I was excited too (I’ve watched more MLG event VoD than any sane person should) but this stream is literally exactly as good as the past couple ESL events. maybe attending in person would be way better, idk? So far this has not given me the same feeling as 2006 or 2009 MLG events.

obligatory “here comes the neg rep” ... just trying to be honest, guys

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 24

Honesty is more than welcome at Beyond Entertainment Forums; however, confusing bullshit with truth could potential cost you a perma-ban (if it was me)

" this stream is literally exactly as good as the past couple ESL events" is like saying "Halo 4 is the best game ever"

Watch your mouth, and be respectful.

c5edfe5d9075f7e6ac9bc200d1744e44.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

trying to look at this objectively ... audio issues, important games played off stream, FFA delayed for hours, casting = exact same as ESL casting, tournament director saying “we’ll do better next time”, and everyone is still freaking about how omg amazing MLG is?

Look, I was excited too (I’ve watched more MLG event VoD than any sane person should) but this stream is literally exactly as good as the past couple ESL events. maybe attending in person would be way better, idk? So far this has not given me the same feeling as 2006 or 2009 MLG events.

Yes but if you were really being objective you would probably realize there's a difference between repeated weekend long audio issues and the literal 1 second audio issues we had today, realize that the casters are actually the same humans, and that the tournament director is actually responding and fixing issues in a timely fashion rather than saying that it would happen and never coming through 

• Upvote (+1) 3

obligatory “here comes the neg rep” 

apology for poor English

when i see this in a post

sitting at home browsing forums

here comes the neg rep

yes

• Upvote (+1) 6

IMO the stream on friday was about a million times better than anything ESL has ever done halo wise

i'm about to watch the VOD from today and i'm sure it'll be just as good

• Upvote (+1) 4

Yes but if you were really being objective you would probably realize there's a difference between repeated weekend long audio issues and the literal 1 second audio issues we had today, realize that the casters are actually the same humans, and that the tournament director is actually responding and fixing issues in a timely fashion rather than saying that it would happen and never coming through

audio was lagging throughout the day (see this thread), I noticed it, Moa said something about “oh it’s not just me” etc.

and of course MLG is better than ESL lmao. Clap is literally the ideal tournament director for Halo imo. just trying to point out that the stream experience + overall experience has not exactly been leaps and bounds above ESL by the end of their run. hoping tomorrow goes smoothly

edit: eh whatever guys, trying to be constructively critical but it's no problem ... been an exciting event, I guess let's just keep the hype train going for now

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 5

The only thing I would do differently to this tournament is have an estimated start time for the scheduled matches.

I thought it was other way around, so RNG will play REC if they beat Oxy. This is so top 2 teams from each pool only play each other again in the losers bracket semifinal (for top3)

Clap is this true?

just trying to point out that the stream experience + overall experience has not exactly been leaps and bounds above ESL by the end of their run. hoping tomorrow goes smoothly

This is the worst post of 2018 thus far.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Objectively

Audio issues- very minor day 1, negligible day 2

Esl-each day at least the start of each stream had bigger problems

Important games off stream - yup, but there were two streams so a LOT less important games were missed. Big improvement over esl

Tourney director quotes-count the number of posts by each where responsibility was placed and time from problem to post. Laughable to put those in the same ballpark. And I didn’t hate Timo by any means.

FFA I don’t have any data to compare but I haven’t missed any important 4v4 games due to ffa so that’s a plus to me.

I’m not getting the same feeling as 06 either but I’m in a different place in life now. I honestly don’t ever expect that again for a video game. And to be fair 09 was no 06 either.

There’s still a lot of room for improvement by MLG, but objectively this is one of the smoothest events we’ve had. And don’t forget that it’s an open format AND we got to watch pro teams play on Friday.

• Upvote (+1) 1