CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Can't be saying these things without some tweet links  :tear:

Does GFINITY have any US affiliates? Or have they done NA events? Loved what I've seen from them.

Yeah sorry I will try to link them from my phone but twitter gets blocked at work for some reason. 

I really couldn't give a shit who the tournament organizer is really, I'd just love to see more open communication on these forums from 343 and whoever the TO is, that would make me happy.

• Upvote (+1) 7

he just said don't get your hopes up

fuck that, i'm getting my hopes up, i don't care

besides we have plenty of experience being disappointed, it's not like we can't handle it

Others that tend to work the events were saying similar things. I know nothing has been announced but I guess I'm putting more faith into what they are hinting at than everyone spamming MLG in twitch chat. I mean, I do hope it's MLG though.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Thank you for responding to so many of my posts.

I agree production quality will go up and that will help the scene. However, I don’t assume MLG (or ESL) will get to control structure.

The info so far seems like worlds this year is going to be another almost stand alone event that is over in Marchish. What are they going to do after worlds? The current “season finals” haven’t meant anything in the big scheme of worlds. Is MLG or 343 going to change that? I hope so, but I’m doubtful. I’m also doubtful that MLG will have any control over maps, weapon tuning, or settings in the game (like radar).

As always 343 would have the final say in how tournament structure is executed, but i think it's pretty clear that TO philosophy weighs in on who 343 chooses to partner with.

MLG doesnt like pro leagues. ESL does. MLG prefers opens, ESL likes invitationals. It seems to me that 343 saw the hype generated despite Worlds 2016 being mostly online, and they thought ESL could turn that into forward momentum for an online pro league.

Regardless of who the TO ends up being, it's now more clear than ever that live events should be the basis of competitive halo. Any TO chosen is going to share that philosphy.

The way i see it, going forward, summer and fall Seasons should be how players and teams build their stock as they head into Worlds.

I forgot who mentioned it, but someone suggested a system where players and teams got points for placements. Teams that keep at least 3 players between events get to keep their team points.

Then, In my ideal scenario, when world's comes around, the teams with the most cumulative points in each region would get invited to groups. And there would be a 64 team region free open bracket.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Guy literally doesnt know anything

Yeah, he litterally says that he does not know in his own comments on his own tweet.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hopefully, this thread will break 1000 pages especially if MLG comes back. That last one was sad compared the previous ones.

Lol if it's not MLG, 343 will look SO BAD. 

• Downvote (-1) 2

I really couldn't give a shit who the tournament organizer is really, I'd just love to see more open communication on these forums from 343 and whoever the TO is, that would make me happy.

Gfinity, if they even do NA events  :thinking:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Gfinity, if they even do NA events  :thinking:

They ran events In Mexico for Gears so It seems they can do events outside the EU

he just said don't get your hopes up

fuck that, i'm getting my hopes up, i don't care

besides we have plenty of experience being disappointed, it's not like we can't handle it

Remember when everyone kept telling us there is nothing for Halo at E3, don't get your hopes up, blah blah blah. And they were right, yet somehow many of us were still let down.

I got my hopes up then for no reason so I'll be damned if I don't get them up now for MLG.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Gfinity is definitely pushing into the US. They recently purchased CEVO, a Maryland based esports company that has provided esports production services to MLG and Gfinity over the years.

This is interesting information indeed.

Imagine if the TO is UGC with exclusive production by P5 Productions.

P5 Productions - "is this thing on?"

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3

Imagine if the TO is UGC with exclusive production by P5 Productions.

P5 Productions - "is this thing on?"

1318804494002.png

• Upvote (+1) 3