CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Okay, I know this is getting old but I want to give some feedback on @@StrongSide again. I am not quite sure if he doesn't read feedback, or nobody wants to talk with him about it, but here it comes again.

I love the guy as an analyst. He looks good (so much better with the beard), his voice is cool, he is knowledgeable, he knows how to make fun of coanalysts in a good way. There was a brief moment, where guys at analyst desk casted some B stream matches and it was very nice, relaxed, it was fun. Strongside was using his calm "analyst mindset" and I loved it. 

And then Strongside went to caster desk with Elamite and boom. Button switched, his voice went up like 3 grades, started to literally scream over nothing, started to stumble on himself, not being able to smoothly pronounce simple sentences. If only he would try to be in that analyst mindset even during casting.

Can anybody talk with him please ? Or can you link him this post ?

@@TheSimms @@Onset @@Wonderboy @@GoldenboyFTW

it feels like strongside tries to go full league of legends shoutcast when that isnt really appropriate for this game. and sometimes i think he maybe he had/still has a slight speech impediment because he can't control the volume of his voice and isn't able to change what he's saying mid sentence when something happens. it reminds me of someone i knew who had a bad stutter. in a calm situation she was fine but if she got thrown off and couldnt finish the sentence she was on, it just devolved from there.

i don't know the guy and i dont know if that is true or not, but from here we have such a strong caster line up and this has shown to be his weakness for years now. i appreciate all he has done for halo and his continued involvement, but i wish we could keep him in a role that best suits his strengths

Last night I dreamed I was playing on the MLG mainstage, I haven't had a dream like that in years.

Feels good to be back.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

fafZJqf.png

Your comment pleases him.

Even Rammy is a big fan.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

qDu2Zu1.png

here's the stream schedule for today

i have to work tonight so if someone could keep track of the peak viewers on twitch i'd appreciate it, I can get a number through this and this but sometimes the # shown on twitch is a little higher

pro tip: the viewership usually peaks when OG plays

Do we have any idea which parts of the OB go into which pool yet?

not yet, i think they are gonna be decided on stream

• Upvote (+1) 4

fafZJqf.png

Your comment pleases him.

HELLO, MY NAME IS STONGSTRIDE AND I WISH TO CAST...

*looks at giant hand*

HUMAN HALO MATCHES.

For reference:

XPpWzvx_d.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 4

Felt fucking good today, lots of near tears by our team as MANY of us have been doing this since 2003-2006. What a crazy day, lots of memories, nostalgia...and redemption

TeamGaG is glad to see MLG back....maybe time for another Sex Drugs and Halo Pros???
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Kinda curious as to the reasoning behind the lack of the MLG logo on stage or on stream. It seems like it's just the hcs logo everywhere. It seems like ESL had their logo everywhere the hcs logo was. Just a thought.

Kinda curious as to the reasoning behind the lack of the MLG logo on stage or on stream. It seems like it's just the hcs logo everywhere. It seems like ESL had their logo everywhere the hcs logo was. Just a thought.

There is big MLG logo everytime picture zooms out to show the schedule.

Not going to lie, this event has given me tears of happiness. I've been loving how smooth the event looks on stream, the hype matches, and the fact that MLG IS BACK BABY. Ola's new haircut is beautiful af and seeing all this positivity is truly inspiring. Friendship with CSGO ended Friendship with Halo restored. 

Love you @@Clap keep up the good work 

Also @Simms @@Wonderboy @@Onset I need some flower shirts ngl 

• Upvote (+1) 2

So what time does the stream start? The OB play looks like it should've started already unless they're using PST

3 Minutes later I have my answer

• Upvote (+1) 3

Hey @@Clap. I'm a big fan. Quick question, any plans for the MLG app to become compatible with Chromecast? Thanks. Big fan.

we live boys. man i've never been so happy headed into saturday. normally its wondering what fuckups i can meme but now i'm just excited for the games. thank you again @@Clap for responsiveness to stream issues. 

to the beyond chat at mlg.tv