CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

This document says Falcated's team is The Gatekeepers. They must be under a different name in the bracket. Anyone know what it is?

Tilted Towers.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This document says Falcated's team is The Gatekeepers. They must be under a different name in the bracket. Anyone know what it is?

They are playing under Tilted Towers.

• Upvote (+1) 2

We're going to have player stats for this event right?

Because I swear at one or more previous events they didn't record that information.....somehow

One last thought for the evening. With an awesome start to the event, and all the hype I see from long time Halo fans, it actually makes me sad. Sad that I missed the original MLG Halo era. I've known Halo since CE released, just unfortunately didn't get introduced to this side of things until H2A. 

I am, however, incredibly excited to see all of the hope, excitement, and general happiness coming out of the competitive Halo community today. It gives me hope that this could be more than a season, it could be a new MLG era that I will get to be a part of. 

It may not be a great Halo game, but I have H5 downloading now. After today, I want to play some damn Halo. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

The winner of the team skin is @@LeandroTrooper! Let me know what skin you want and your GT.

Yo, what the fuck. I keep getting free shit at Beyond. Hell yeah. Wanna thank my mom, my dad, my dog, my cousin Jose the 4th, and of course Zavehi. Ya'll the best <3

• Upvote (+1) 4

Because I swear at one or more previous events they didn't record that information.....somehow

Worst comes to worst, stats can be compiled from HDH for top tier players. However, not all open bracket team stats will be recorded.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Felt fucking good today, lots of near tears by our team as MANY of us have been doing this since 2003-2006. What a crazy day, lots of memories, nostalgia...and redemption

Never let anyone take you away from the Halo scene again mmkay?

• Upvote (+1) 2

So unfortunately I ended up working all day and missed the stream today. Gonna miss most of tomorrow's too (RIP my power user status). I know the series scores of a few of the good matchups (Surprised but happy that RNG took a game off OG). I miss anything else important, or just the usual open bracket stuff and MLG hype?

I haven't been able to watch the event yet (last minute travel stuff came up and I have no WiFi :( ) but all the hype here and seeing the world's venue & Ola's reincarnation is making me incredibly happy and excited to get caught up when I get home.

Then I'll be flying to London on Thursday for Gfinity, and I'll be damned if I don't secure some tickets for the big one in Seattle too.

So much Halo goodness coming up, and although I've enjoyed the last two HWC Finals I just know that this one is going to be the best yet. Long live Halo!

• Upvote (+1) 2

So pretty much all the pool play teams now only have 1 match tomorrow, while the open teams have to play 3, then it goes to bracket play correct?

So pretty much all the pool play teams now only have 1 match tomorrow, while the open teams have to play 3, then it goes to bracket play correct?

DWIZ97qV4AA8pU2.jpg

I had no intentions to stay awake until 3am yesterday and after being awoken by my kids at 7am im definitely suffering now.

Overall apart from a few minor issues it was an amazing first day.

Absolutely loving the nv lineup though, truly a joy to watch and may be my new fav NA team.

• Upvote (+1) 1

All the group matches full stats are up on HDH. Should be able to get all games from the groups on wards.

Not getting Open Bracket stats as they were on weird tags and theres too many teams.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Okay, I know this is getting old but I want to give some feedback on @@StrongSide again. I am not quite sure if he doesn't read feedback, or nobody wants to talk with him about it, but here it comes again.

I love the guy as an analyst. He looks good (so much better with the beard), his voice is cool, he is knowledgeable, he knows how to make fun of coanalysts in a good way. There was a brief moment, where guys at analyst desk casted some B stream matches and it was very nice, relaxed, it was fun. Strongside was using his calm "analyst mindset" and I loved it. 

And then Strongside went to caster desk with Elamite and boom. Button switched, his voice went up like 3 grades, started to literally scream over nothing, started to stumble on himself, not being able to smoothly pronounce simple sentences. If only he would try to be in that analyst mindset even during casting.

Can anybody talk with him please ? Or can you link him this post ?

@@TheSimms @@Onset @@Wonderboy @@GoldenboyFTW

• Upvote (+1) 6