CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

@@Clap Its only 90 minutes in so far. But thanks for everything that you guys do. Truly appreciate the feedback and transparency.

Also we already got our first Goose on main stage! I kinda figured it would happen this series...  

• Upvote (+1) 8

I love all the regions involved in competitive halo

but idk if i'd put the weakest team in the event on main stage to get smashed

I have to say I disagree. These kinds of matches show how strong a specific team / region really is. Don't get me wrong, lopsided matches should only be shown sparingly, but I believe it helps with the bigger picture.

When you only show even-skilled matchups the entire broadcast, the games are obviously competitive, but I think newcomers won't appreciate the skill gap.

• Upvote (+1) 6

So yea, I guess those rose-tinted glasses may have been right :intensifies:

yeah but im still deaf from the first ten seconds and the stream looked bad for like, a game.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

I have to say I disagree. These kinds of matches show how strong a specific team / region really is. Don't get me wrong, lopsided matches should only be shown sparingly, but I believe it helps with the bigger picture.

When you only show even-skilled matchups the entire show, the games are obviously competitive, but I think newcomers won't appreciate the skill gap.

i also know for sure there are a lot of south americans watching who are happy to see their region represented 

it's only friday too, not a biggie  :cool:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not only is MLG good at running events, but apparently they've perfected the art of cloning because there has to be at least 5 Claps working right now. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

i also know for sure there are a lot of south americans watching who are happy to see their region represented 

it's only friday too, not a biggie  :cool:

Definitely. I remember watching the NA League of Legends teams go against Koreans and getting absolutely crushed. That was my first time watching Faker after hearing so many stories about how good he was. As a fan, it's heartbreaking to watch your favorite team lose, but t's fun rooting for them every time they make a solid play. You get to watch their progress and improvement.

tickets on sale Feb 22

trying to be optimistic but ... uh ... can H5 fans possibly fill this stadium?

I love all the regions involved in competitive halo

but idk if i'd put the weakest team in the event on main stage to get smashed

nV vs Oxy is a much more appealing match

good thing we have two streams :)

They probably want to make sure each region is on main stage at least once. I’m cool with this occurrence being early on the Friday stream. It’s fair.

• Upvote (+1) 4

It’s beinf held at the event center in the stadium, not the actual field. Kind of like the London event at wembley.

• Upvote (+1) 5

With time and information early and mlg events, yes i believe so we can fill a large scale area.

• Upvote (+1) 2

it'll use an inside venue like wembley did

• Upvote (+1) 1

2018 HWC teams, seeds, and Clap clones discussion.

You know how the saying goes.....

"One Clap is worth a thousand cables"

• Upvote (+1) 2

It’s beinf held at the event center in the stadium, not the actual field. Kind of like the London event at wembley.

they aren't playing on the field???  :stressed:

:kappa:

For anyone that cares, 343 isn't going to release the flag skins anymore.

This week we were putting the finishing touches on plans to release a small collection of decorative national flag skins for the UK, Australia, Canada, Mexico and the United States, but in light of the seriousness of the current climate, and with input and feedback from some of our regional partners, we have decided to delay the release indefinitely.

Lots of folks worked hard to make the decorative decals, and we know that players were anticipating them in the spirit of fun and competition in which they were originally intended, however, we feel that releasing these items now would be inappropriate.

The rest of our HaloWC tournament activity will continue as planned, and we'd like to take this moment to say simply, "be good to each other."

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/halowc-regional-skins-update/16ea6ba2-58c5-4a0b-a2dd-278d7a7d9813/posts

Is it really that big of a deal? We don't have a distribution deal with any platform for HWC meaning we make $0 from the stream (literally), is it truly that big of a deal to have a raw production gameplay stream on MLG and Mixer, i.e. The groups funding the event/producing it? It's a small ask and hopefully you guys tune in as it means a lot for both parties

Anyways...we back, welcome back, etc etc let's fucking go

Yeah I wasn't suggesting it had anything to do with money, Twitch is just my go-to streaming platform and I was disappointed it wasn't an option is all. Feedback.

Production looks great so far :)