CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

We are 100% aware of the video issue on the POV cameras and the brightness/quality issue during gameplay. We are 10000% on it.

In regards to a glare on the LED WALL behind the casters when on the CASTER SHOT, we're on that too.

Edited above: Caster shot not analyst desk

i feel like i owe you a drink. thank you so much for being on top of this and communicating the whole time

Does anybody else play with overscan?  I didn't even know that was a thing people did...

• Upvote (+1) 6

Does anybody else play with overscan?  I didn't even know that was a thing people did...

What's overscan?

• Upvote (+1) 7

Overscan is a behaviour in certain television sets, in which part of the input picture is shown outside of the visible bounds of the screen. It exists because cathode-ray tube (CRT) television sets from the 1930s through to the early 2000s were highly variable in how the video image was positioned within the borders of the screen. It then became common practice to have video signals have black edges around the picture, which the television was meant to discard in this way.

• Upvote (+1) 7

What's overscan?

Glad Im not the only one who had no idea what overscan is. 

Old CRT TV thing that carried over into modern screens. In laymen's terms, it's a zoomed in "safe zone" on the screen.

vertical-horizontal-overscan.png

• Upvote (+1) 5

Playing with Overscan on is like playing 4:3 on CS almost. It stretches the picture out of the actual screen so something get cut off but things appear to be bigger.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Overscan is a behaviour in certain television sets, in which part of the input picture is shown outside of the visible bounds of the screen. It exists because cathode-ray tube (CRT) television sets from the 1930s through to the early 2000s were highly variable in how the video image was positioned within the borders of the screen. It then became common practice to have video signals have black edges around the picture, which the television was meant to discard in this way.

Old CRT TV thing that carried over into modern screens. In laymen's terms, it's a zoomed in "safe zone" on the screen.

ty gents

• Upvote (+1) 5

Yeah I looked it up. I kinda remember that happening on tvs in the early 2000s. But thanks for the info guys! I might look into using it cause I have terrible eyesight. 

Now they decided to skip Renegades vs Usual Suspects...

Alright?

???

This is a common thing from MLG. They do a live look-in on other stations while the main stage gets ready. Very little downtime by doing this.

• Upvote (+1) 9