Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So here is what i am seeing with the AR:

More accurate

5% faster fire rate

23% less base damage

Lower aim assist

Lower bullet magnetism "to the head"

More headshot damage but still...

.1 second slower perfect kill time (headshots)

.5 second slower (no headshots)

I... actually like this quite a bit in theory. we'll see how it plays

• Upvote (+1) 6

Knee-jerk reaction:

Not sure how I feel about the AR changes if the new version comes to the HCS. Still needs a higher TTK imo.

Even if the automatics were perfectly competitively balanced people would still push the anti-automatic rhetoric for HCS settings. The next couple weeks of settings/matchmaking talk are going to be a disaster lol

• Upvote (+1) 7

Even if the automatics were perfectly competitively balanced people would still push the anti-automatic rhetoric for HCS settings. The next couple weeks of settings/matchmaking talk are going to be a disaster lol

Because automatics add nothing of worth to competitive play and no one has made any coherent argument to the contrary? But yeah, let's keep going in circles making bullet hoses more "skillfull" instead of just removing them from competitive settings, because of this bizarre fetish with picking up on-map bullshit constantly.

• Upvote (+1) 3

"There's no randomness. We just added random spread."

"It's not like we have a randomness knob that we just crank up. Instead we spend a lot of time and effort to add in randomness."

• Upvote (+1) 4

"It's not like we have a randomness knob that we just crank up. Instead we spend a lot of time and effort to add in randomness."

"Seeding suitably realistic pseudo-random numbers is far too complex a topic to cover in this live stream alone. You'll have to wait for our GDC talk on the subject, Randomness is Not the Goal: Adding Hyper-Realistic, Visceral, Immersive Spartan 4 Random Spread."

What in the world is a car bean? 

my friend in the USMC says he actually pronounces it that way ("car-bean"), though you can say either

so they added BR spread ... ??? ffs man

• Upvote (+1) 1

COD WW2 Bootcamp confirmed for Cratos and Lifestyle.  I actually hope they can compete on a Top 16 level, will give me a rooting interest in COD now. (something ive never had before)

• Upvote (+1) 2

I appreciate the transparency on hitmarkers even if it's not good news. Quinn didn't sound especially opposed to removing them from splash damage but did confirm that it would require code changes and they don't have programmer assistance currently, which seems fair enough.

• Upvote (+1) 1

mixer chat mods are brutal 

you cant even use the chief emote...

or reply to your friend with emotes...

lol

• Upvote (+1) 2

Most disappointed with the Carbine and Splinters so far. A little worried that the DMR's headseeking rounds haven't been toned down.

Otherwise quite optimistic!