CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I think the non-answer is the answer.

Not really. Twitter has a metric for what they report as a “viewer”, and it isn’t autoplay, but it also isn’t neccisarily what we’d consider an engaged consumer either.

The answer we are looking for is somewhere in between what was presented, and what we cynically expect.

Edit: it looks like twitter and Facebook both count a viewer as someone who has the video in an active window for at least 3 seconds.

So basically it’s a useless stat unless it’s paired with average viewers & peak viewers.

Im not sure about you guys, but I feel like there has been WAY more promotion for orlando than any open last year. Hopefully viewership reflects that. 

Unless I have missed it I have not seen a lot of promotion. Are there any promo videos made by MLG? They have all the classic footage in the world to bring in dem feels.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Im not sure about you guys, but I feel like there has been WAY more promotion for orlando than any open last year. Hopefully viewership reflects that.

The hype is for sure, but I haven't noticed much more promotion than say dh atl

The hype of it being an mlg event is what is spreading like wildfire through halo communities.

heck googling "mlg events" doesnt even show you halo http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/events

Halo is definitely the best place to be when your GF cheats on you. You guys are better than her anyway. I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!

:^)

Sorry to hear that. Definitely good you found out about it though as opposed to living with that for longer.  Cheers man.

Halo is definitely the best place to be when your GF cheats on you. You guys are better than her anyway. I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!

Dumped in January as well. Plenty more 2018 in store for the both of us.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Watching Fortnite become a cultural phenomenon has been crazy to see.

I remember making a post a few months ago about how crazy PubG's growth has been to get 2m+ concurrent players in less than a year.

I believe Fortnite surpassed PubG with a concurrent 3.4m+ about 2 weeks ago after being out since September. Absolutely crazy. We've really entered a new era of gaming.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I remember making a post a few months ago about how crazy PubG's growth has been to get 2m+ concurrent players in less than a year.

I believe Fortnite surpassed PubG with a concurrent 3.4m+ about 2 weeks ago after being out since September. Absolutely crazy. We've really entered a new era of gaming.

3.4m+ Concurrent across multiple platforms rather than one platform like PUBG I believe.

Its still mental though. Everyone seems to be playing it that I know.

3.4m+ Concurrent across multiple platforms rather than one platform like PUBG I believe.

Its still mental though. Everyone seems to be playing it that I know.

fortnite pop is not boosted by asians tho

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not really. Twitter has a metric for what they report as a “viewer”, and it isn’t autoplay, but it also isn’t neccisarily what we’d consider an engaged consumer either.

The answer we are looking for is somewhere in between what was presented, and what we cynically expect.

Edit: it looks like twitter and Facebook both count a viewer as someone who has the video in an active window for at least 3 seconds.

So basically it’s a useless stat unless it’s paired with average viewers & peak viewers.

That’s fair. I’m just of the position that they aren’t the real numbers simply based off of the scenarios that would play out if they released the info.

If those are the real numbers for unique viewers, then the Halo community can tip their hat to 343 and say ‘well done’. If those aren’t the real numbers, then 343 now has to explain why they lead everyone to believe those were the real numbers. We, the halo community, now assume they were just trying to save face in light of the laughing stock that was Worlds 2017 (balloons, over-flow room, etc..) and rip them for it.

So, are they keeping the info a secret because they don’t want a pat on the back, or because they don’t want the community to call them on another one of their blunders? One scenario seems more likely than the other to me.

It's all the rage at my high school and not in the passing fad kind of way.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Thanks for boosting my ego. CS:GO tears it down. 

I'll be watching MLG Orlando for sure on Sunday but its a busy esports weekend. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

They just gotta beat Mentality and the AM team, they'll be fine. :cool:

I mean, that "AM team" can very well be one of the pro teams that didn't get a high enough seed. But, it's a safe bet that Infused will roll over Mentality imo.
  • Upvote (+1) 2