CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Shock the World (Atzo Uchiha, Bullet, Drift, and Tapping Buttons) won 4 straight 2ks and what do they do? they break up a week before the LAN

#JustHaloThings

i'm from South America. All of Usual Suspects are good friends of mine, so it sucks to say all of this has been a shitshow. 3/4 of the players got their visas rejected, 343 didn't give any support in order to obtain them, so Tolkien (US captain) is literally going with people he has barely practiced with and who are not even close to the skill level the original Usual Suspects players have. It's going to be hard to see them get stomped by Optic and Renegades, but I just think it isn't fair to judge Latin America's skill based on this weekend's performance.

sadface

I was really looking forward to the Fal/TB team and it sucked to see that fall through and now this... 

le sigh

• Upvote (+1) 1

Where in the area? That is absolute ROBBERY. Lived on the north shore my whole life and unless you're in the city, that is insanity.

Work on state street, so we live in the south end, its pretty bad lol

Seeing "MLG" in front of an American city makes me happy.

Knowing that it's a Halo event makes me even happier.

MLG Orlando is near  :)  oh how we waited for a couple of years  :D  the mood is set  ;)  the memes are loaded  :cool: TeamBeyond's passion was almost drowned  :( but to the top we floated  :D

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Any pro or headcaser confirm this? So I've been going crazy over my Sense for a week now, 3/3 was my main when it started dragging so I switched 4/3(fast), 3/2(accurate but slow), 3/5(slow) and so forth. Ive been switching for a week straight and finally in all of my rage I ended up hard resetting my xbox and now my original 3/3 is perfect as its every been.... has this been tested out? 

Also I have a OG xbox.

Rent, Boston Area: $2700 1bdrm 500 sqft

is this factual holy shit.

Frosty keeps growing into a better and better player. It's really impressive. 

www.twitch.tv/frosty

Frosty plateaued awhile ago  :kappa:

Incredibly disappointing to hear about the Visa situation.

I wonder what types of Visa’s were being applied for. I know nothing about the US Visa process, but it seems like these players should have been been easy to identify as International Athlete’s participating in an event of International Standing

What Evidence Is Required For Success?

When filing with USCIS, a successful P1 petition must contain the following items:

A. Evidence of having legally contracted with a major U.S. sports league

B. A written consultation from an appropriate labor organization

C. Evidence demonstrating that the athlete meets at least two of the following criteria:

1. Significant participation in U.S. major sports league in prior seasons

2. Participation in international competitions with a national team

3. Significant participation in a prior U.S. college/university season in inter-collegiate competitions

4. Written statement from a major U.S. sports league or official of the sport’s governing body demonstrating the alien’s or team’s international recognition

5. Written statement from the sports media or a recognized expert

6. International ranking provided by internationally recognized sports’ organizations

7. Significant honors/awards in the sport

I was really looking forward to seeing the best of LATAM. It’s incredible how difficult it is to legally travel here from that region.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Incredibly disappointing to hear about the Visa situation.

I wonder what types of Visa’s were being applied for. I know nothing about the US Visa process, but it seems like these players should have been been easy to identify as International Athlete’s participating in an event of International Standing

I was really looking forward to seeing the best of LATAM. It’s incredible how difficult it is to legally travel here from that region.

Gamers aren't looked at as Athlete's for visas therefore can't be accepted in that way. Look at CS and how big the issue is. LoL doesn't have the issue because Riot works with the government personally.

The only way in is to say you're going to Orlando for a vacation, even then could be denied especially coming from Mexico/South America to the US.

• Upvote (+1) 9

1 - Splyce

2 - Optic

3 - Envy

4 - Renegades

5 - Reciprocity

6 - Elevate

7 - Fyra

8 - Oxygen Supremacy/Str8

These are of course without looking at seedings, brackets or pools and are my (LAN) power rankings.

No love for EU teams  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 6

Dog Shit EU  :simms:

Lets hope Rob meets Eu in the bracket and see what happens. Got the meme ready.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Gamers aren't looked at as Athlete's for visas therefore can't be accepted in that way. Look at CS and how big the issue is. LoL doesn't have the issue because Riot works with the government personally.

The only way in is to say you're going to Orlando for a vacation, even then could be denied especially coming from Mexico/South America to the US.

http://www.visapro.com/resources/article/p1-visa-for-esport/

that's what's strange to me. according to this law firm, USCIS currently DOES recognize esports professionals as athletes- and everything else I can find says its been that way since 2013. but the government is inconsistent and it seems like the "legitimacy" of the esport is at the hands of individual reviewers. i read about a guy who got denied in smash, then won his appeal. then there are people in larger titles who couldn't get in.

it doesn't seem right to blame 343 when this country's handling is shit. some people get cleared for 5 years. others have to restart the process for every event. basically you have to get a lawyer and start the process a year in advance.

a group of guys coming to qualify for a million dollar tournament, hosted by one of the biggest TOs should pass scrutiny.

• Upvote (+1) 1

basically you have to get a lawyer and start the process a year in advance.

Shouldn't be a problem considering how early Halo 5 tournaments are usually announced

• Upvote (+1) 3

Any pro or headcaser confirm this? So I've been going crazy over my Sense for a week now, 3/3 was my main when it started dragging so I switched 4/3(fast), 3/2(accurate but slow), 3/5(slow) and so forth. Ive been switching for a week straight and finally in all of my rage I ended up hard resetting my xbox and now my original 3/3 is perfect as its every been.... has this been tested out?

Also I have a OG xbox.

Turn off the “instant on” setting for your Xbox. This will fully power down or “hard reset” your box every time instead of it just being in rest mode which texhnically leaves it on.

Left my box on one time for a few hours to download a game. Played the opening cutscene in the game and it was lagging and stuttering really bad. Hard reset the system and that same cutscene was perfect the second time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lets hope Rob meets Eu in the bracket and see what happens. Got the meme ready.

Would make my life complete lmao

Renegades are looking so good going into Orlando! I would love to see that squad dominate!!!!

LBX is really looking good

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm so far behind on this stuff - there is an MLG event this Friday? 

How is saying K bad. I swear you guys twist everything I say. Lol

"K" has been seen as a snarky and negative response for years. It's the supreme middle-school-girl response. It's okay to admit you feel slighted in some way, but it seems like every time you've acted up on social media the past few months, you've ended it by backing away and claiming it was being taken the wrong way.

If you're going to be publicly salty about stuff, just own it.

• Upvote (+1) 5