CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I hope that a H6/MLG event line up for me to be able to attend one. Even though I'm a long ways away from the 18 year old that thought he was pretty good at Halo, I would 100% be down for attending/competing against some literal kids and getting 1st rounded someday. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

How to embarrass yourself on social media 101

c25dc0e75f9123f01d8ebcd729ee42b8.png

just why? He really doesn't understand this forum thing does he? He screenshots craneteam instead of Infinity lol

I wish we had a serious HCS discussion thread

Splyce are going to win Orlando.

OpTic will finish 2nd.

Reciprocity and EnVy will be 3rd/4th.

The teams outside of the top 4 no one will really care about, except for Renegades and Gatekeepers.

An EU team will finish top 8 at Orlando.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Splyce are going to win Orlando.

OpTic will finish 2nd.

Reciprocity and EnVy will be 3rd/4th.

The teams outside of the top 4 no one will really care about, except for Renegades and Gatekeepers.

An EU team will finish top 8 at Orlando.

1. OG

2. nV

3. Splyce

4. Rec

5/6 Infused

5/6 Vexxed

7/8 Renegades

7/8 Contra, Dev, Danoxide, Calm or Str8

all the EU teams are gonna place top 16 besides maybe Endpoint and Mock It

i think a big problem is nobody knows who is on those teams, might be my fault for doing top 8's instead of top 16's for the 2ks

it would help if there was competitive halo to discuss but until Orlando we're left waiting with our e-peens in our hands.

i wish they would have broadcast the NA 2k's

they were really hard to follow cause you had to watch player streams

some interesting stuff happened but no one really saw it

• Upvote (+1) 4

Well that isn’t humble..

@ me

(Wait, you apparently posted that 4 minutes before I tweeted it.  Shit, now it looks like I stole your joke.)

• Upvote (+1) 5

How to embarrass yourself on social media 101 

c25dc0e75f9123f01d8ebcd729ee42b8.png

I'm confused what he's even trying to say. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm confused what he's even trying to say. 

I'm not sure either, I think he just assumes his production company should be offered more positions to work on the Major League Gaming stream. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

it would be actual competitive halo discussion instead of MoneyMatches, Paw Patrol, and Ogre2 stream discussion 

but i suppose if people actually wanted to talk about competitive halo they would  :)

I know im PUMPED for this weekend, its just been a super long lull, which had a longer lull before that, im excited for MLG to stabilize the seasons

• Upvote (+1) 2

1. OG

2. nV

3. Splyce

4. Rec

5/6 Infused

5/6 Vexxed

7/8 Renegades

7/8 Contra, Dev, Danoxide, Calm or Str8

all the EU teams are gonna place top 16 besides maybe Endpoint and Mock It

i think a big problem is nobody knows who is on those teams, might be my fault for doing top 8's instead of top 16's for the 2ks

i wish they would have broadcast the NA 2k's

they were really hard to follow cause you had to watch player streams

some interesting stuff happened but no one really saw it

1. nV

2. Splyce

3. Rec

4. OG

5/6 Infused

5/6 Renegades

7/8 Contra, Dev, Danoxide, Calm

7/8 Str8

My predicitions, I just dont see anyone beating nV, that roster is just too good.Teams like Splyce and OG have a ton of slaying power, but nV brings the same level of slaying with crazy obj skill, and that team is just clicking the best right now. OG is just trying to catch up, they took to much of a break, and with how competitive top 4 is, I think they barely break into it. Splyce is just so nerdy, that team plays super fast, but their obj is very questionable sometimes, they pull flags at bad times which will be punished in Orlando. Rec is just Rec, I could see them second or third, depending on how the bracket plays out.

Also, is top 16 considered pro again now?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Also, is top 16 considered pro again now?

tbh i feel like most people think top 4 is pro now

5-8 NA is better than people give them credit for though

renegades, str8, elevate, and oxy can all take games from the top 4 teams, they aren't helpless 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hey, my post about Orlando got 62 rep which not only is a ton of awesome love from the #community, but it's also a huge post considering we are very quiet during this long Halo drought. I see you lurkers waiting to pounce when Orlando comes. I don't see why someone would spin this situation to be a negative one, but I'm not focusing on it.

:prayers: Just a few more days  :prayers:

Its only negative for people that are jealous, salty and narcissistic enough not to recognize that their opportunities have dried up due to their own incompetence.

I think its pretty fucking awesome that someone from this community that actually gives a shit gets to contribute in a very real way to the production of the event.

• Upvote (+1) 7

To be fair, we would have far fewer memes than we have now if it hadnt been for Proverb and the P5 team and we might not even have MLG back if they had managed to run one passable event.

We should be thanking him for Plantinum5's incompetence.

You're right. 343 might've actually just kept going with ESL or other low tier production people if they had managed to not be so completely awful its indefensible. Maybe 343 is partially to blame with their budget and maybe not but who cares really. We have MLG now. They know how to run tournaments. Someone somewhere might be butthurt on twitter but really we should just ignore them. Its better for everyone else now

tbh i feel like most people think top 4 is pro now

5-8 NA is better than people give them credit for though

renegades, str8, elevate, and oxy can all take games from the top 4 teams, they aren't helpless 

Its no different than 05-07, and really 08 as well. The top 4 teams have basically always dominated outside of 09/10, I mean 05 and 07 FB were literally unstoppable, only carbon was able to upset them in an a National championship. I honestly feel like the competition heading into Orlando is most competitive field since 09, I honestly think top 6 teams, literally anyone can likely at least make it to the finals, but I think it'll be splyce vs envy, but renegades could honestly go crazy if they show up, they have the skill.

I'm surprised how many people are predicting optic to not even make the finals. They've won 2 of the last 3 cups plus they always turn up on lan.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I'm not sure I understand why other event operators are being salty towards community members for getting positions at MLG for events. 

They're upset that MLG, as a fantastic TO and professionally run organization, is incorporating not only the best casters from other countries/companies, but is also bringing in the most respected members of the TB/competitive halo community to bridge the divide between the community and the eSport itself. They're upset that MLG, the seasoned, professional, and highly competent TO is picking up the slack.

• Upvote (+1) 1

My predictions for Orlando

1) OG

2) Splyce 

3) NV

4) Renegades

5/6) Rec/Infused

7/8 Vexed/Contra's Team

I feel like 1-3 can place in any order in the top 3. Same for 4-6. But I just don't see any of them not making top 6. After that I feel like there are 6-8 teams fighting for the 7/8 spots. 

• Upvote (+1) 2