CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

It's a shame he didn't give any of that chunk to building a community or content for that community.

Just like our current Halo Pros. 

Grinding the game in private scrims and winning tournaments will get you a few viewers but being entertaining, consistent and interesting on stream will get you a following.

Hes from a different era though, not really an excuse, but in the H2/H3 days the pros were literally non-existent in the community. I cant really comment on the reach era, but right now in H5, we at least have a few pros (mainly people like Ryanoob/prototype/frosty) who really do try to build a following and a community. Being a pro in 2003-2010 required literally no out reach, now pros in literally every other game make huge followings, and support the community immensely. 

Hes from a different era though, not really an excuse, but in the H2/H3 days the pros were literally non-existent in the community. I cant really comment on the reach era, but right now in H5, we at least have a few pros (mainly people like Ryanoob/prototype/frosty) who really do try to build a following and a community. Being a pro in 2003-2010 required literally no out reach, now pros in literally every other game make huge followings, and support the community immensely. 

but at the same time you had people like walshy in the same era with massive followings  because of how they interacted with fans at events, interviews, etc. some people are naturally engaging or entertaining. 2gre just isnt that engaging on his own. maybe i only see him on off days though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

speaking of engaging, @@Mikwen is streaming.  https://www.twitch.tv/imikwen

• Upvote (+1) 3

Looking forward to Orlando, homies! 

I know I haven't posted in ages, because my schedule has been hectic, but if anyone from the community is coming through I would love to meet you.

:D

Your grind has been incredible. I've been seeing you everywhere lately.

This is a good laugh.

You know that Easter Egg on the final level of Halo 5 that went unsolved for the last few years? The solved it.

And I get downvoted for saying its a disappointing reward. Its an easter egg they have been working on for years, and the reward is fighting big knights?

Lame.

Doesnt look like that’s the end according to the guy who made the level.

I know I haven't posted in ages, because my schedule has been hectic, but if anyone from the community is coming through I would love to meet you.

i'm enjoying having you back in overwatch! i'm glad you still have time to hang with halo

There are 4 team passes left for Orlando which means we're currently sitting at 92 Open teams, 12 pool teams for a total of 104 teams. I can't guarantee that all will show up as there is always no show attrition but a sell out would be a beautiful thing :)

Come on guys, let's sell this event out!

Good to see the rare Mikwen steam. Seems like none of the pros have a set sensitivity, my own headcasing has been at a all time high this past weekend. Plus I like how mikwens !setting command is something like "I don't even know myself"

• Upvote (+1) 1

i don't feel like this has ever truly worked in halo. in COD, it's so easy to get kills that the shittiest players can contribute- even in a mismatched lobby.

when people make this argument, i wonder if they were ever truly a that low end of the skill pool trying to match make.

i don't think the general sweatiness of the game has much to do with matchmaking. it's the fact the player is individually weak. even if you're a good player in 1v1 with an average one-

chances you are 1 shot when its over

agree, my friend from grad school and I would play MM together (split-screen) in Reach and H3, he was legit terrible and would get always get so demoralized after a few games (even when we were playing on a one-month and I was carrying pretty hard), so we ended up doing customs etc.

but it's confusing because H3 and Reach were so crazy popular among casuals anyway ... ?

agree, my friend from grad school and I would play MM together (split-screen) in Reach and H3, he was legit terrible and would get always get so demoralized after a few games (even when we were playing on a one-month and I was carrying pretty hard), so we ended up doing customs etc.

but it's confusing because H3 and Reach were so crazy popular among casuals anyway ... ?

There was something about H3 that even when it was pissing you off and you rage quit, you always got the itch to go back.

• Upvote (+1) 2

THIS WEEKEND MARKS THE RETURN OF MLG TO HALO

If that doesn't give you chills, you probably don't like gyros.  And if you don't like gyros, you can honestly go boltshot yourself.

idk why but this part just made me crap my pants

Gyros

I love you. I love you the way I love my favourite writers, if that makes any sense.

Really enjoyed being a part of the 2K broadcasts, wasnt feeling 100% at all last night so thanks to Wonderboy, Lethal and LVP for carrying me through the show. Much love to everyone who watched, tweeted in, shared the stream and generally got involved.

So pumped for Orlando now, going to be a crazy two weeks with back to back events!

Can u make a shot of all your flower shirts for me. I'd like to meme it for London regionals.

And of course the weekend that I am away is when Cbus passes get sold. And they are already gone.

Rip my dream of attending Cbus. Feelsbad.jpg

104 teams* is seriously incredible 

3L2agEn.png

you really can't say enough about what MLG means to console FPS gamers

everyone aspires to be a MLG pro

Crazy how the hype of MLG can bring in this many teams for a 2 and half year old dead game

• Upvote (+1) 7

Imagine if we had MLG from the very beginning man. 

That's good stuff. Even if I dislike the game, I'm still happy to see it.

Just thought you had forgotten your password

(JK, will be sure to spam wutface in the chat)