CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Doesn't UMG still owe people for Daytona?

Doesn't AGL still owe people for like multiple tournaments? 

The BenQ with 1ms on an Xbox One X is pretty fantastic on LAN. I am very confident it won't be an issue for those who don't like to make excuses.

oof
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Doesn't AGL still owe people for like multiple tournaments?

They paid off everyhing actually. Took a year or so, but they did.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Goldenboy heading back to OWL for desk duty. Imagine having Puckett or GB every week, what a wonderful world.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Goldenboy heading back to OWL for desk duty. Imagine having Puckett or GB every week, what a wonderful world.

Just watch the OWL.

• Upvote (+1) 3

For some reason I thought MLG Orlando started on the 13th ... All this week I've been thinking to myself, "Why would they put the tourney on Tuesday?"

But turns out it starts next Friday.  :cool:

not gonna lie, OWL has surpassed what I expected

Only watched a few nights but it is pretty much exactly what i expected.  It is still a hot fucking mess to watch imo.

• Upvote (+1) 5

From the times I have watched OWL, it seems like just a mess of players. 6v6 and they all spam their weapons non stop. The basic strategy is let’s go into the hill/hardpoint guns blazing and see what happens. I am sure there is more in depth strategy to it, but this is my view as a spectator.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Off topic but don't shout. Need help.

Carpet guy came around and fitted in a new carpet today. But has ended up breaking my ethernet cable. Which to get to the router goes though multiple walls. So as you can guess It's going to be a huge ball ache to fix.

Has anybody every used powerline? Been trying to find a solution to get around having terrible Wifi, talking 12% stength and 30% pocket loss in my room and ethernet cable installtion being a massive ballache.

Is it easy to use and you game on it?

I don't really like Halo 5, I don't really like most of the teams playing and I don't really like where Halo is headed.

So why am I so pumped for Orlando?

cognitive dissonance

From the times I have watched OWL, it seems like just a mess of players. 6v6 and they all spam their weapons non stop. The basic strategy is let’s go into the hill/hardpoint guns blazing and see what happens. I am sure there is more in depth strategy to it, but this is my view as a spectator.

Spamming your weapons non-stop is inefficient play in Overwatch -- you have to be cautious about damage that can't be followed up, since any damage that gets healed means you're fueling your opponent's support ultimates.

Watch a little more closely and see if you're seeing people actually just fire randomly, or if it's the camera focusing on important combat.

• Upvote (+1) 9

The basic strategy is let’s go into the hill/hardpoint guns blazing and see what happens.

Sounds like Halo 5.  

• Upvote (+1) 3

it's all about being willing to learn about the game. you could replace hill/hardpoint with strongholds and say guns blazing and grenades flying and you have halo for a lot of people

if you never care to learn the game, it will always seem like a mess. LoL and dota2 can look like a hot mess when you first start watching but if you write it off bc its initially confusing, you'll miss out on something great. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Carpet guy came around and fitted in a new carpet today. But has ended up breaking my ethernet cable. Which to get to the router goes though multiple walls. So as you can guess It's going to be a huge ball ache to fix.

Has anybody every used powerline? Been trying to find a solution to get around having terrible Wifi, talking 12% stength and 30% pocket loss in my room and ethernet cable installtion being a massive ballache.

Eh.  depends highly on the copper in your house. dedicated ethernet is better for sure. When you say he "broke the ethernet" did he sever it in the wall or something? If it was fished after the drywall was already up, then its not stapled to any of the studs and you could probably use the old line that is in the wall to fish through the new line.  Unless its severed, but if it was there would be a bunch of wall damage.

I'm no electrician but i have wired up a couple houses so if you have questions PM me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I’ve never used power line adapters but I heard they work really well

Eh. depends highly on the copper in your house. dedicated ethernet is better for sure. When you say he "broke the ethernet" did he sever it in the wall or something? If it was fished after the drywall was already up, then its not stapled to any of the studs and you could probably use the old line that is in the wall to fish through the new line. Unless its severed, but if it was there would be a bunch of wall damage.

I'm no electrician but i have wired up a couple houses so if you have questions PM me.

I just found the problem. He's put an industrial staple though the cable, pretty much cut it in two.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I just found the problem. He's put an industrial staple though the cable, pretty much cut it in two.

giphy.gif

I'm about to do a major self inspection of my wiring, lol.

I'm so happy to watch a MLG event.

Remember when we missed a semi final match up with Optic to watch EU teams play for 8th? 

LOL

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1