CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Im expecting H6 to be the BANGER we have all been waiting for, the ultimate combination of fun of H2 and ease of access of H3, with the core game play returned to normal

Launch Maps for MLG/HCS will be:

Warlock

Sanctuary

Mid Ship

Narrows

Lockout

The Pit

A real version of onslaught

Launch Game-types:

Slayer

CTF

Oddball

KoTH

Extraction

Online Experience:

Vast social game-type area, where you need to acquire a certain rank to unlock ranked

Ranked area will include MLG/HCS, Slayer, Doubles, MLG/HCS FFA

Quote me now, its happening

I would be insanely shocked if any of this post becomes a reality. Not to say it is a bad idea, because I think it's awesome, but knowing this company, I highly, highly doubt it'll happen. Also, as much as I do love all the maps listed, having new, yet still great, maps would be phenomenal. As much as I love those classic, incredibly well-suited-for-competitive maps, it would be great to get some new and actually good maps.

To be fair, Asyms simply work the best for Halo 2/3 style game play for competitive, thats why they're almost always picked. Maps like lockout are a rare departure from that.

Maps that I wish could work for H6 (in my eyes) are Coli and the Rig, the rig could work, but it would feel slow as hell, and coli would simply never work

Arena shooters need arena maps

I feel like you might be a little confused (or maybe I am). Asym = Asymmetrical? If yes, then Lockout is an asymmetrical map and therefore not a departure at all. I think what you meant is Symmetrical maps seem to work out incredibly well for Halo 2 and 3 style gameplay, which would explain Pit, Narrows, Construct, Midship, Warlock, Sanctuary, Creek, Colossus (in the beginning...), Onslaught, Amplified. Lockout and Ivory Tower were the outliers there. 

Also, my opinion, but Rig sucks balls. Coliseum isn't that bad though. 

To make Halo 6 and its Esport side more sucessful MS has to go all in with the advertisement.

Overwatch League is doing pretty good.. I mean the game is super competitive already, but most normal viewers are to dumb to watch it, but it somehow worked to get them to watch and invest time in understanding it. 

if MS did that for Halo and the game would additionally be good.. hell I don't know it could be really amazing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

To make Halo 6 and its Esport side more sucessful MS has to go all in with the advertisement.

Overwatch League is doing pretty good.. I mean the game is super competitive already, but most normal viewers are to dumb to watch it, but it somehow worked to get them to watch and invest time in understanding it. 

if MS did that for Halo and the game would additionally be good.. hell I don't know it could be really amazing.

HCS 2016 was everywhere, I remember seeing an ad for it at my local AMC theater before a movie even. At the end of the day it comes down to having a good league structure, viewing experience, and game to keep people hooked. Advertising can only do so much.

With that said, excited to watch an MLG event again next week :D

• Upvote (+1) 6

I would be insanely shocked if any of this post becomes a reality. Not to say it is a bad idea, because I think it's awesome, but knowing this company, I highly, highly doubt it'll happen. Also, as much as I do love all the maps listed, having new, yet still great, maps would be phenomenal. As much as I love those classic, incredibly well-suited-for-competitive maps, it would be great to get some new and actually good maps.

I feel like you might be a little confused (or maybe I am). Asym = Asymmetrical? If yes, then Lockout is an asymmetrical map and therefore not a departure at all. I think what you meant is Symmetrical maps seem to work out incredibly well for Halo 2 and 3 style gameplay, which would explain Pit, Narrows, Construct, Midship, Warlock, Sanctuary, Creek, Colossus (in the beginning...), Onslaught, Amplified. Lockout and Ivory Tower were the outliers there. 

Also, my opinion, but Rig sucks balls. Coliseum isn't that bad though. 

You're right, i meant symmetrical. Also, onslaught is symmetrical!!!

This is how I see it when it comes to H5 maps

Turth is exempt because its an H2 map

Coliseum is the best, hands down

The Rig is a decent map, a remake wouldnt break my heart

Empire is WAY better now, and is some what bareable

Eden is a cancer version of empire

Regret is gross

Plaza is hottest garbage ive ever played, mostly due to spawns (im looking at you cafe ramp)

• Upvote (+1) 3

HCS 2016 was everywhere, I remember seeing an ad for it at my local AMC theater before a movie even. At the end of the day it comes down to having a good league structure, viewing experience, and game to keep people hooked. Advertising can only do so much.

With that said, excited to watch an MLG event again next week :D

i think the biggest failure was that there was never any immediate follow up with future plans. that first worlds had so much hype and then just silence. that seemed to be a weakness in that the end of one event/season never had much if any info on what was coming next until whatever anticipation there was died out. mlg should hopefully fix that

• Upvote (+1) 6

Cool to see they've got the good hardware. Hopefully this makes the broadcast look better and operate faster :)

Where can I get this amount of optimism? lol.

My posts in 2015 :laughing:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Was watching OpTic stream a few weeks back claiming their Xbox One S's had less heavy aim.

I can't wait for the inevitable stream delays because the X is giving them more heavy aim  :eyes:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nice, the local server feature and being on Xbox One X should make H5 feel really smooth at events. This makes me even more pumped for Orlando! :ace:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Was watching OpTic stream a few weeks back claiming their Xbox One S's had less heavy aim.

I can't wait for the inevitable stream delays because the X is giving them more heavy aim  :eyes:

I thought they complained about it being harder to hit your shots on the X compared the the S. Shots that hit on the S dont on the X or something along those lines. 

I thought they complained about it being harder to hit your shots on the X compared the the S. Shots that hit on the S dont on the X or something along those lines. 

kill me

• Upvote (+1) 6

So thats why I suddenly got terrible at Halo

• Upvote (+1) 3

Is it really headcasing when we are dealing with the worst competitive FPS aiming of all time? A game that has had proof of heavy aim? A game where pressing start literally made your input delay smaller? Really? You want to talk about headcasing?

Right...  Its not like we're saying the earth is flat.  @Im Bankrupt is the one head casing. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Hopefully we're allowed to play an FPS that aims normally in H6. Its pretty funny when anyone can say anything is broken with aiming in H5 up to and including playing on a different version of the Xbox and you have to take it at least slightly seriously and think about it because we've been at the point where pressing start reduces input latency with this game

• Upvote (+1) 3