CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

i think our viewership is gonna be good cause we will have the MLG twitter account promoting our event

i also hope they stream it on mlg.tv

if mlg can keep a consistent stream up, we're off to a much better start.

every halo5 event i've ever watched has been plagued by downtime. I spent more time staring as "we'll be back soon" than actually watching halo.

• Upvote (+1) 3

:wutface:  :wutface:  :wutface:  :wutface:

snip

(14:49)

How to kill a franchise 

So basically sprint is in other games so it has to be in Halo, because people from other games expect it. Fucking hell man...

if mlg can keep a consistent stream up, we're off to a much better start.

every halo5 event i've ever watched has been plagued by downtime. I spent more time staring as "we'll be back soon" than actually watching halo.

I think this will be a big factor. I dont expect crazy numbers to be pulled in because of MLG but im hoping for consistency and having a stream not plagued with production issues or massive downtime will be enough to start building up a solid foundation to move forward on.

Plus this time round we have the Custom LAN service so players should be able to hop into the next game without having to reset the xboxes.

I just hope they dont over analyse after each match. That was needed before because it took ages to reload the xboxes but it shouldnt this time.

• Upvote (+1) 3

How to kill a franchise 

Yeah, i have seen this before.  There are a bunch of examples of "We did X because players expect it from other games".  Guess what? People don't play halo to play other games.  They play halo to play halo.  That reasoning is such asinine horseshit.  That whole video is kind of embarassing.  Admitting there are fundamental flaws with some designs yet going with them anyway?  da fuq?  That fact that returning descope was such a hard decision to make is mind blowing.  That should have been a no brainer too.

• Upvote (+1) 8

i always cite this video when people try to argue that sprint and SAs don't compromise the aiming system (and basically everything else)

hearing the dev explicitly admit to it still doesn't convince them though *shrug

having the stones to go to a developer conference and publicly advocate for making changes that don't improve gameplay yet require substantial efforts and compromises to incorporate... i don't know what to say...

• Upvote (+1) 1

For the first time in years, I'm actually going to have a friend watching an event along with me.

Guess I don't need to hang around with you toxic power lusers anymore.

jk, you guys are awful and grumpy but I wouldn't have you any other way.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I am excited and scared for Halo 6. I think they probably scrapped H6 in the recent year and restarted. That's why we are getting an MCC update. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I am excited and scared for Halo 6. I think they probably scrapped H6 in the recent year and restarted. That's why we are getting an MCC update.

This is more of a wishful thinking, but yeah, kinda make sense. Would be great.

• Upvote (+1) 4

This is more of a wishful thinking, but yeah, kinda make sense. Would be great.

I dont know, we ABSOLUTELY would have seen something for H6, I honestly think they had H6 in pre-alpha, saw how bad H5 was doing, and the insane amount of complaints, and decided to go back to an H3 design.

They update MCC, use the engine, and make H6

Im expecting H6 to be the BANGER we have all been waiting for, the ultimate combination of fun of H2 and ease of access of H3, with the core game play returned to normal

Launch Maps for MLG/HCS will be:

Warlock

Sanctuary

Mid Ship

Narrows

Lockout

The Pit

A real version of onslaught

Launch Game-types:

Slayer

CTF

Oddball

KoTH

Extraction

Online Experience:

Vast social game-type area, where you need to acquire a certain rank to unlock ranked

Ranked area will include MLG/HCS, Slayer, Doubles, MLG/HCS FFA

Quote me now, its happening

• Upvote (+1) 6

How to kill a franchise 

i love that he admitted that sprint and thruster were bad  for this game but they decided to add them anyway

1Aut3uY.png

people dont expect core features across fps titles, the expect a good, original experience. they admitted to diluting halo in favor of a bland mash of features because other popular games had them even though it was more work for them. ive been sitting here trying to think of a time where i would want to force more work on myself to deliver a shittier end product. and the fact they can't look back at this decision and put it together with today's population is just mind boggling. just 343 things i guess

• Upvote (+1) 1

Okay. I'm finally out of my denial. 343 has got to go.

Out of one denial and into another. Microsoft is never removing 343 because 343 is Microsoft. They were created by Microsoft using Microsoft employees to make Halo.

Im expecting H6 to be the BANGER we have all been waiting for, the ultimate combination of fun of H2 and ease of access of H3, with the core game play returned to normal

Warlock

Sanctuary

Mid Ship

Narrows

Lockout

The Pit

Launch Game-types:

Slayer

CTF

Oddball

KoTH

Extraction

Online Experience:

Vast social game-type area, where you need to acquire a certain rank to unlock ranked

Needs more Asyms
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Needs more Asyms

To be fair, Asyms simply work the best for Halo 2/3 style game play for competitive, thats why they're almost always picked. Maps like lockout are a rare departure from that.

Maps that I wish could work for H6 (in my eyes) are Coli and the Rig, the rig could work, but it would feel slow as hell, and coli would simply never work

Arena shooters need arena maps

Warlock

Sanctuary

Mid Ship

Narrows

Lockout

The Pit

Launch Game-types:

Slayer

CTF

Oddball

KoTH

Extraction

Online Experience:

One could hope. 

Warlock

Sanctuary

Mid Ship

Narrows

Lockout

The Pit

Launch Game-types:

Slayer

CTF

Oddball

KoTH

Extraction

Online Experience:

You realize this 343 we are talking about right? I may just have to bookmark this page so I can say atodaso. 

ibe4

19535467_237323563452283_797235389581911

• Upvote (+1) 1