CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So whats the prediction here? 

Do we get another season for MLG this year after worlds, leading into a national championship in 2019, or do we not get another season, and a painful amount of downtime with no communication? 

I actually want to compete in the next season, gives a good amount to grind so I can at least see Saturday lol, I am just not trying to wait 2 years to do it.

DrDisrespect has 200k viewers during his countdown.

I wonder how confident Ninja is now that his stream didn't grow because of Doc's absence.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 4

DrDisrespect has 200k viewers during his countdown.

I wonder how confident Ninja is now that his stream didn't grow because of Doc's absence.

make that 340k+

Also, as much as MLG is going to help the production and viewing experience, I'd be shocked if viewership increased drastically. This game is putrid. Maybe, just maybe, somehow they'll fix MCC to a point where it can be competed upon. I don't know that, that is putting a lot of faith in a company that certainly doesn't deserve it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

i think our viewership is gonna be good cause we will have the MLG twitter account promoting our event

i also hope they stream it on mlg.tv

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

i think our viewership is gonna be good cause we will have the MLG twitter account promoting our event

i also hope they stream it on mlg.tv

What's your definition of good? I haven't looked through all of the graphics you put out there but what was the average viewership for some of the LAN events that weren't World's last year? Do you think hovering around those numbers is good or are you expecting like 1.5x, 2x etc.? Genuinely curious. I think MLG is going to do everything they can to produce and encourage a great product, but the base of the product doesn't pull in people that aren't already fans of the game/players. That's going to be a problem retaining viewers in my opinion.

What's your definition of good? I haven't looked through all of the graphics you put out there but what was the average viewership for some of the LAN events that weren't World's last year? Do you think hovering around those numbers is good or are you expecting like 1.5x, 2x etc.? Genuinely curious. I think MLG is going to do everything they can to produce and encourage a great product, but the base of the product doesn't pull in people that aren't already fans of the game/players. That's going to be a problem retaining viewers in my opinion.

here are the viewership records i keep, i also have links to other hcs related stuff if you're interested http://bit.ly/HCSviewership

vaEdyFS.png

https://imgur.com/vaEdyFS

i'm hoping for a 30k peak and ~15k average on champ sunday for orlando, that would be 2x the dreamhack denver peak and 1.5x the average viewers

as you can see we haven't broken 10k average a lot and imo average viewership is a lot more important than having a big peak viewership

i think cod fans will check it out because they are familiar with halo and it's something to watch

i'm not expecting 100k peak but i think we are gonna see some growth, good is a relative term i suppose, i should have said "better"

*these are all twitch numbers btw

• Upvote (+1) 9

here are the viewership records i keep, i also have links to other hcs related stuff if you're interested http://bit.ly/HCSviewership

vaEdyFS.png

i'm hoping for a 30k peak and ~15k average on champ sunday for orlando, that would be 2x the dreamhack denver peak and 1.5x the average viewers

as you can see we haven't broken 10k average a lot and imo average viewership is a lot more important than having a big peak viewership

i think cod fans will check it out because they are familiar with halo and it's something to watch

i'm not expecting 100k peak but i think we are gonna see some growth, good is a relative term i suppose, i should have said "better"

Better would've been the right choice of words now that you bring that up as well. I would say a 10k average is tremendous. This game was on its last leg a year and a half ago. I'd be pretty surprised if Halo broke 30k viewership on Sunday. I'd also be really surprised if CoD fans stick around in the stream when they see the "advanced" movement mechanics. They've been sick of it for a while now. Plus, and it might be a lot different now, but I always felt like CoD fans and Halo fans were often at odds with each other. I don't know. I would love to see this be a big change for Halo, but as long as Halo 5 is what is being played, I'd be really surprised if it changes drastically or improves significantly.

Better would've been the right choice of words now that you bring that up as well. I would say a 10k average is tremendous. This game was on its last leg a year and a half ago. I'd be pretty surprised if Halo broke 30k viewership on Sunday. I'd also be really surprised if CoD fans stick around in the stream when they see the "advanced" movement mechanics. They've been sick of it for a while now. Plus, and it might be a lot different now, but I always felt like CoD fans and Halo fans were often at odds with each other. I don't know. I would love to see this be a big change for Halo, but as long as Halo 5 is what is being played, I'd be really surprised if it changes drastically or improves significantly.

Has there been ANYTHING on Halo 6? What would happen if 343 came out and was like " Look mofuckaz we got dis " and we have a proper Halo game again........one can hope

vaEdyFS.png

never forget that part of dreemhack's terrible numbers were due to massive downtimes and production issues. it won't change the game but not having ethernet cables mysteriously break, repeating countdown timers, having to watch pro matches on periscope, and other production oddities like having the observer getting messaged on xbl, we should see things stat to improve. the ability to play locally through a laptop vs a closed server will help downtime too

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ah, typical H5 MM last night, got on, got my Diamond 1 in HCS, the game thought I won too much so it matched me against smurfs 6 games in a row, only to find out I was playing Randa and someone else, dope. 

If there is ONE thing they can do to fix MM, its to make it so there is a minimum rank to play ranked MM, or at least HCS. It doesn't matter if I can slay people like Randa, I went 21-17 on Coli flag, and had 5 flag pulls, while my teammates all went neg 15+, that is absolutely unwinnable. That is a HUGE turn off to people who are trying to just get into competitive, and NEEDS to be fixed in H6 if we want to grow the scene.

Solo Q as a whole is just a bad idea in H5. Ranking being based solely on wins is frustrating. I usually just hop on a smurf to play

• Upvote (+1) 1

Has there been ANYTHING on Halo 6? What would happen if 343 came out and was like " Look mofuckaz we got dis " and we have a proper Halo game again........one can hope

So far all I can remember is that it will build off of Halo 5's base gameplay. Which is a complete fuckin' disaster. I do not have high hopes for Halo 6, so maybe it will be great. I had high hopes for 4, Reach (even though this was Bungie), and 5 and they were all horseshit. If 343 came out and said we got this, I would just assume the game was going to be utter dogshit. This company has a 0% success rate. The games they've produced, even when they aimed to create a remaster of one of the greatest multiplayer FPS games ever created, have all been absolutely horrible. It's one thing if one game sucked and they did what they could to actually make it a fun, playable game, great. But the games are shit and they don't do much to improve the base game. They throw in poorly done microtransactions, shit maps, shit sandbox, and shit gameplay. Hard to have any faith in a company that refuses to admit it has made mistakes, done anything substantial to rectify those mistakes, proven that they can deliver a product that the fans actually WANT, or have any kind of ability to run a competitive scene. It took three years for them to swallow their pride and go to the company that helped build competitive Halo to what it used to be to try and rebuild their disgraceful scene. It might be too late, we'll find out. Bottom line is, I'm massively tempering any expectations I have towards the future of Halo while 343 is involved in any capacity. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

r/halo has been on fire today lol

fjy37jqv0fe01.png

TkEyEwj.jpg

Meme Mondays are breathing all sorts of new life into the Halo community.

You know what shocked me was even he was bitching about the direction 343 went. That's saying a lot since he's the biggest casual tard to make a name for himself

For awhile it was sort of a "fad" for big time Halo YouTubers to shit on 343. Even Greenskull did it.

Holy fuck I'm in tears at /r/halo. This has to be the actual first time I've felt my mood improve while browsing that sub. It's like they're catching up for years of lost memes.

• Upvote (+1) 1