CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The survey had some good stuff in it. Hopefully, it helps out.

I remember hearing this kind of comment from nearly every previous survey

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

While I appreciate the value of school, I could easily argue that $180K/year is poor parenting to allow your child to pass up. 1 year delay of school will allow the child to pay off all of their college in cash, while doing something they love.

Now I'm not saying what I would do as a parent or what is "right/wrong", but I'm saying I'd hardly say it's an obvious "good parenting" call to not allow your child to pursue that career.

My kids will not be allowed video games. Only school, and church approved bible movies about the good news.

Let me tell you all about the good news

• Upvote (+1) 4

Well this is kinda random....Good for Rammy though! always been a fan of his.

I'm guessing not that many people like being signed to Tom Taylor lmao

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm guessing not that many people like being signed to Tom Taylor lmao

Ive heard pros on their streams saying he forces them to let him observe every scrim, thats some brutal oversight 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ive heard pros on their streams saying he forces them to let him observe every scrim, thats some brutal oversight

I feel like, if I were a team owner, I'd want to be privy to watching practice.

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The only magnum change that makes sense would be a 4sk with same ttk to punish misses more. Then it's only a Nerf if you miss

I mean he's capable of watching the replays and Twitch VoDs. I think spectating every scrim as its going on is a little too much.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I mean he's capable of watching the replays and Twitch VoDs. I think spectating every scrim as its going on is a little too much.

what's the difference? is he live critiquing them or something? he should have the same access as a fan?

I cant imagine there are many sports that where a team would bar an owner from showing up at a training facility.

beyond that t2 isn't just an owner, he has good insights.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The only magnum change that makes sense would be a 4sk with same ttk to punish misses more. Then it's only a Nerf if you miss

needs a lower ttk so you aren't 1 shot after every 1v1 even if you shit on someone.

• Upvote (+1) 6

what's the difference? is he live critiquing them or something? he should have the same access as a fan?

I cant imagine there are many sports that where a team would bar an owner from showing up at a training facility.

We don't know what he's hypothetically doing. 

needs a lower ttk so you aren't 1 shot after every 1v1 even if you shit on someone.

It needs a fast TTK and make it hard to use. That's it really.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

We don't know what he's hypothetically doing.

right, so I'm having a hard time understand how wanting to be privy to scrims is inherently bad.

If he's disrupting the sessions that would be bad.

If he's just has an interest in watching how his team gels in competitive situations, i don't see the problem. he's been hands on halo for a long time. I wouldn't expect him to be a handsoff owner.

It needs a fast TTK and make it hard to use. That's it really.

I don't think we'll ever get this from 343.  They does not compute. 

Although changing it to projectile would do wonders yet alone. 

I heard ContrA say he was breathing down their throats

• Upvote (+1) 2

Also, I love how T2 ended up with the rights to Str8 Rippin, didnt Fronzi and Falacy make Str8 in like 03?

• Downvote (-1) 1

right, so I'm having a hard time understand how wanting to be privy to scrims is inherently bad.

If he's disrupting the sessions that would be bad.

If he's just has an interest in watching how his team gels in competitive situations, i don't see the problem. he's been hands on halo for a long time. I wouldn't expect him to be a handsoff owner.

Because it’s incredibly annoying/frustrating to be micromanaged. Having an interest is one thing, to be constantly staring over their shoulders is another. It’s not easy to work like that.

Because it’s incredibly annoying/frustrating to be micromanaged. Having an interest is one thing, to be constantly staring over their shoulders is another. It’s not easy to work like that.

that's what I'm trying to understand. is he micromanaging? Or is he just observing some scrims?

What should the relationship be? "pay me and leave me alone"? It's shouldn't be "do as I say, I'm the boss", either.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Also, I love how T2 ended up with the rights to Str8 Rippin, didnt Fronzi and Falacy make Str8 in like 03?

it was 05 and t2 joined in 05. t2 became the face of the brand and a face of mlg halo so he was able to obtain the rights to str8

it was 05 and t2 joined in 05. t2 became the face of the brand and a face of mlg halo so he was able to obtain the rights to str8

Lucky him for sticking with it, one of the best org names hands down

I don't see a problem with it. If you want your brand to be a championship squad then you have to put extra work in.

Look at the Patriots  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Even though he wasn't on the original roster the name rests with T2. "Speedee" was the first mascot of McDonalds but nobody cares about that. We all associate Ronald McDonald with representing the brand. 

I posted a little bit about history of the name a while ago. This is just pointless info that I'm sure you can find elsewhere but thought I'd write down some history.

The original roster was Fonzi, Foulacy, SadPandaEH, Synergy. The name itself is in reference to "Straight Rippin the Bong" and would assume that SadPandaEh and Foulacy had more to do with the name than Fonzi. I have literally no clue about Synergy.

Karma had a spot on Str8 one event before T2 did. They were on the same team for an event at Orlando 05. There were a ton of roster changes from event to event but for most of 05 Foulacy + Fonzi stuck together for the events they attended. For a few events they disbanded the Str8 name and went under what I assume is a sponsor from TmG. 05 was an interesting year cause it had a whopping 13 open events that year. A lot of roster changes happened due to the location of the events and players not being able to attend.

06 was much more stable, starting off with the core Str8 roster + Defy for 4 events, placing 2nd, 2nd, and 3rd before a 7th place finish caused them to drop Defy and pick up Cpt Anarchy. They placed 3rd for 3 more events before the season ended and Hurricane 07 hit.

In 07 Str8 had many numerous changes early in the season that were questionable. In 2006 one of favorite halo pairs, Naded and Legit broke out onto the scene. Str8 started off 07 with a great line up on paper. However 07, to me, was the first year of really mainstream Halo. In 06 the events were big and aired on TV, but in 07 you had a ton of new faces coming in after the popularity of the 06 season. While Str8's roster sounded insane on paper, another GOAT duo broke onto the scene at the very first event. 5k (Roy, Lunchbox, FiS, Hokum)  took Str8 to an epic game 5 and upset them causing a 5th place finish.

Naded and Legit ended up leaving Str8 on their own to go back leaving a huge void on Str8. They managed to pick up BigTimer off T2P who placed 11th, and Toxin's Neighbor who placed 21st. Naded and Legit went back to Perfect Storm and managed to place 3rd, where Str8 finished 11th. After this event, Meadowlands 2007, a founding member of Str8 Rippin would no longer be represented on the roster.  I forget if Foulacy was dropped or left on his own, but they picked up Havok and Mimic and once again found a disappointing finish at 7th place. They came behind both 6th place Perfect Storm (Naded + Legit) as well as Foulacy placing 4th on the Nice Like Rice roster.

After that event they dropped Havok + Mimic and picked up what became my favorite Str8 Rippon Roster... T2, Neighbor, ElamiteWarrior and Legit. They would keep that roster for the last 3 events of 07, and keep it halfway through 08 for Halo 3 before Final Boss did the unspeakable and dropped Walshy for Neighbor.

@@Neighbor please correct anything that I have wrong.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just downloaded Project Cartographer and holy fuck, H2 is back boys

Last time I tried playing it all I could find to play was FFA on Midship. Don't get me wrong, love a good FFA and always happy to play competitive Halo 2, but that gets really old really fast when it's the only thing going on. If it was more popular and people were playing legitimate other gametypes and maps (besides Mid and Lockout) it would be spectacular.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Even though he wasn't on the original roster the name rests with T2. "Speedee" was the first mascot of McDonalds but nobody cares about that. We all associate Ronald McDonald with representing the brand. 

I posted a little bit about history of the name a while ago. This is just pointless info that I'm sure you can find elsewhere but thought I'd write down some history.

The original roster was Fonzi, Foulacy, SadPandaEH, Synergy. The name itself is in reference to "Straight Rippin the Bong" and would assume that SadPandaEh and Foulacy had more to do with the name than Fonzi. I have literally no clue about Synergy.

Karma had a spot on Str8 one event before T2 did. They were on the same team for an event at Orlando 05. There were a ton of roster changes from event to event but for most of 05 Foulacy + Fonzi stuck together for the events they attended. For a few events they disbanded the Str8 name and went under what I assume is a sponsor from TmG. 05 was an interesting year cause it had a whopping 13 open events that year. A lot of roster changes happened due to the location of the events and players not being able to attend.

06 was much more stable, starting off with the core Str8 roster + Defy for 4 events, placing 2nd, 2nd, and 3rd before a 7th place finish caused them to drop Defy and pick up Cpt Anarchy. They placed 3rd for 3 more events before the season ended and Hurricane 07 hit.

In 07 Str8 had many numerous changes early in the season that were questionable. In 2006 one of favorite halo pairs, Naded and Legit broke out onto the scene. Str8 started off 07 with a great line up on paper. However 07, to me, was the first year of really mainstream Halo. In 06 the events were big and aired on TV, but in 07 you had a ton of new faces coming in after the popularity of the 06 season. While Str8's roster sounded insane on paper, another GOAT duo broke onto the scene at the very first event. 5k (Roy, Lunchbox, FiS, Hokum)  took Str8 to an epic game 5 and upset them causing a 5th place finish.

Naded and Legit ended up leaving Str8 on their own to go back leaving a huge void on Str8. They managed to pick up BigTimer off T2P who placed 11th, and Toxin's Neighbor who placed 21st. Naded and Legit went back to Perfect Storm and managed to place 3rd, where Str8 finished 11th. After this event, Meadowlands 2007, a founding member of Str8 Rippin would no longer be represented on the roster.  I forget if Foulacy was dropped or left on his own, but they picked up Havok and Mimic and once again found a disappointing finish at 7th place. They came behind both 6th place Perfect Storm (Naded + Legit) as well as Foulacy placing 4th on the Nice Like Rice roster.

After that event they dropped Havok + Mimic and picked up what became my favorite Str8 Rippon Roster... T2, Neighbor, ElamiteWarrior and Legit. They would keep that roster for the last 3 events of 07, and keep it halfway through 08 for Halo 3 before Final Boss did the unspeakable and dropped Walshy for Neighbor.

@@Neighbor please correct anything that I have wrong.

Thing is right, the original founders might have a legal hold on the name if its copy righted, which I highly doubt they went through that process 13 years ago.

But kudos to our Dr Pepper man, I respect him for trying to grow the scene, he should stop by here sometime  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1