CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I could just wait for the update notes today, but screw it, I'll ask. What changed with the BR? I didn't play any of the tuning playlist.

They made it random , H3 style .

They made it random , H3 style .

During the test playlist, which we know has had changes since then.

Full info on all changes coming today. 

One change I didn't see posted here was that instead of removing the speed boost from the Sword entirely, they opted to make a new variant of it for Arena with no speed boost. The standard Sword still has it and I assume will be available in Warzone and Campaign still.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The BR has changed since the test playlist. Not sure why everyone is already completely against a weapon they’ve never used.

^^

Same with the GF mag.  Its been changed against since the tuning list... we kind of have to wait and see what its like.

I could just wait for the update notes today, but screw it, I'll ask. What changed with the BR? I didn't play any of the tuning playlist.

During the test they decreased the rate of fire by way of making each burst take long, decreased RRR and Magnetism, and added a random spread like Halo 3... because we know how AWESOME that was back then....

Sounds like they have walked back the random spread part and kept the rest.  Honestly it could be a very good weapon now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

As a spectator only, I welcome any changes that will make the viewing experience less stale. If we went in to another season with only minor changes, I'd most likely stop watching. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

During the test playlist, which we know has had changes since then.

Full info on all changes coming today.

One change I didn't see posted here was that instead of removing the speed boost from the Sword entirely, they opted to make a new variant of it for Arena with no speed boost. The standard Sword still has it and I assume will be available in Warzone and Campaign still.

Are you Pro-BR ?

Are you Pro-BR ?

No - fuck that weapon so much.

No - fuck that weapon so much.

Why are you defending it? . They made the weapon random and then they say they remove it but none has actually tested it , you expect me to believe in 343 ?

no doubt, you also have to consider that these old money establishment type investors thought they could out brand/market the esports people

which makes sense given all the resources they have but imo i haven't been impressed by any OWL brand other than the outlaws 

i know most of you dont care much for overwatch, but the c9 london team logo is pretty sick as well

S5SniqymMn3nUCEYRUHAED-650-80.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 3

Why are you defending it? . They made the weapon random and then they say they remove it but none has actually tested it , you expect me to believe in 343 ?

bruh lol

What are you reading? That wasn't a defense of the BR... just a "hey it changed again so we dont really know atm"

Why are you guys giving 343 the benefit of the doubt?
  • Downvote (-1) 2

This is actually extremely sick 

i know most of you dont care much for overwatch, but the c9 london team logo is pretty sick as well

S5SniqymMn3nUCEYRUHAED-650-80.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

i don't like the logo personally but it's definitely top 2, if not the best logo so far

5cjWqT9.png

these all suck besides houston and london imo

• Upvote (+1) 3

What is even the point of separating your utility into two different guns? Is this really gonna be pushed for, even to the next Halo game? After two straight years of Magnum, they just pull the plug out to make way for a nostalgic nose dive into the absurdity that is burst fire.

I'll tell you exactly what they're gonna show today. It's gonna be a slow firing, slightly inaccurate BR, with a wimpy Gunfighter that does fuck-all. That's it. That's their way of "fixing" the "issue" they have.

Guess I'll be in Social where I have a Magnum...

You are right, but I'm willing to see the positives

• BR nostalgia will attract more people than we expect.
  • The Gunfighter was pretty sick in the tuning test, and it'll probably be even smoother in the final version. Having a challenging weapon that is still capable of decent TTK is going to be really interesting to play with as well spectate. Gunfighter outplays or reversals are going to be absolutely nuts from many perspectives.
  • Hopefully the BR is less random but still nerfed

I think it's a little pathetic that instead of buffing the Magnum or nerfing Tier 1 weapons they chose to restructure the entire sandbox, but I'm hoping for the best nonetheless.

Slower RoF, more time between bullets in each burst, and tuning test BR had random spread which has been removed or toned down. Probably other magnetism/aim assist tweaks as well.

Gunfighter/BR starts is a fucking horrible idea.

I wouldn't jump to this conclusion, personally.

I also don't think that switching to a BR/GF mag start is a good thing.  Regardless of how those are tuned, single shot is better. But the BR itself as a pick up could be the best BR we have had in a while....  

I agree that single shot is most often universally better, but I would much rather have BR starts then having to deal with an abundance of unnecessary precision weapons as pickups on maps.

Having the sandbox competitively designed around the Battle Rifle instead of the Pistol is going to have a ton of good ripple effects.

• The Battle Rifle is better tuned against the AR and SMG than the Magnum
  • The DMR, Carbine, and Light Rifle become more niche, but less overpowering
  • Having an entire different loadout for competitive play is going to shake up the scene as people adapt to having to shoot new weapons
  • Nostalgia boyz
  • Upvote (+1) 6

You are right, but I'm willing to see the positives

• BR nostalgia will attract more people than we expect. Like 2 more people
  • The Gunfighter was pretty sick in the tuning test, and it'll probably be even smoother in the final version. Having a challenging weapon that is still capable of decent TTK is going to be really interesting to play with as well spectate. Gunfighter outplays or reversals are going to be absolutely nuts from many perspectives. Too bad they nerfed it again so it's even less likely to 'outplay' someone.
  • Hopefully the BR is less random but still nerfed The god awful random spread is the only reason the gun fighter was even tolerable.

I think it's pretty darn pathetic that instead of buffing the Magnum or nerfing Tier 1 weapons they chose to restructure the entire sandbox, but I'm hoping for the best nonetheless.

Slower RoF, more time between bullets in each burst, and tuning test BR had random spread which has been removed or toned down. Probably other magnetism/aim assist tweaks as well.

I wouldn't jump to this conclusion, personally.

I agree that single shot is most often universally better, but I would much rather have BR starts then having to deal with an abundance of unnecessary precision weapons as pickups on maps.

Having the sandbox competitively designed around the Battle Rifle instead of the Pistol is going to have a ton of good ripple effects.

• The Battle Rifle is better tuned against the AR and SMG than the Magnum Cause the BR is easy
  • The DMR, Carbine, and Light Rifle become more niche, but less overpowering
  • Having an entire different loadout for competitive play is going to shake up the scene as people adapt to having to shoot new weapons Weren't you the one preaching for 'universal settings' in the first place
  • Nostalgia boyz Marginal at best

C'mon man

That New York logo ewwww

To be fair just looking at some of the main stream new york teams, there really isn't a theme that they all abide by. It's not really like Houston or Shanghai. But i do agree they definitely could have done a lot better in regards to their logo 

To be fair just looking at some of the main stream new york teams, there really isn't a theme that they all abide by. It's not really like Houston or Shanghai. But i do agree they definitely could have done a lot better in regards to their logo 

Well except they all have 'NY' in their logo.

The Giants, Jets, and Yankees all do.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They said they reduced the random spread, not that they completely removed it. Either way, the new BR kills way too slow thanks to the nerfed RoF. It's the equivalent of making the Magnum a 6sk. Weapons like the Storm Rifle and Sniper will be so insanely dominant now it's not even funny.

• Upvote (+1) 5

LUL that OverWatch League is going to crash and burn so hard.

On Topic: Eveyone in favor of BR starts is wrong.

I think it will start out good, then people will lose interest because that game is very unpleasant from a spectators perspective.  

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1