CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

This summarizes the state of Halo. The admin of the competitive Halo hub forum does not know if one of the most iconic Halo teams in history exists currently. (@@Saucey - this is not a slight on you - I have no fkin clue either)

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

You go on quests to find treasure chests and then you trade the treasure chest in for gold which is used to buy harder quests, different clothes, etc

People can steal your treasure chests off your boat and trade them in for gold so you have to be on the lookout for other pirates

I think it’s gonna be pretty fun so I’m gonna subscribe to game pass to check it out

Honestly the Xbox Game Pass having Xbox exclusive games day 1 is awesome.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Honestly the Xbox Game Pass having Xbox exclusive games day 1 is awesome.

And the fact they are permanent additions too. At least when an exclusive turns out to be a massive disappointment, I haven't wasted 60 bucks on it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's awesome for game pass owners, I can't imagine for the life of me how that will be profitable for Microsoft OR the developers though.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's awesome for game pass owners, I can't imagine for the life of me how that will be profitable for Microsoft OR the developers though.

Easy. 8 games per console is the current attach rate. This means that, on average, gamers are buying two games a year. That’s where the $10/month price comes from. If a gamer subscribes instead of buying two new games, revenue hasn’t changed.

However, this average isn’t typical. In reality, we have A) a hand full of gamers who buy a shit ton of games every year- they gotta have the hottest games at launch. And B) we have a shit ton of gamers who rarely ever buy games new.

category A gamers will sub GP, because they’ll save on MS exclusives and get a large backlog. But they’ll still buy their top 3rd party games full price. What MS loses here in 1st party sales, they hope to make up in DLC and MTx sales from GP games- taking advantage of the increased MAU of key games.

category B gamers will sub to GP because there’s more bang for buck compared to buying used. Why spend $40 at GameStop for 1 game, when you can get 100s of games for $10 a month. These guys go from generating almost no annual revenue from software sales, to spending at least $120.

long story short, MS is eating into used sale profits, and bolstering their DLC opportunities.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Easy. 8 games per console is the current attach rate. This means that, on average, gamers are buying two games a year. That’s where the $10/month price comes from. If a gamer subscribes instead of buying two new games, revenue hasn’t changed.

However, this average isn’t typical. In reality, we have A) a hand full of gamers who buy a shit ton of games every year- they gotta have the hottest games at launch. And B) we have a shit ton of gamers who rarely ever buy games new.

category A gamers will sub GP, because they’ll save on MS exclusives and get a large backlog. But they’ll still buy their top 3rd party games full price. What MS loses here in 1st party sales, they hope to make up in DLC and MTx sales from GP games- taking advantage of the increased MAU of key games.

category B gamers will sub to GP because there’s more bang for buck compared to buying used. Why spend $40 at GameStop for 1 game, when you can get 100s of games for $10 a month. These guys go from generating almost no annual revenue from software sales, to spending at least $120.

long story short, MS is eating into used sale profits, and bolstering their DLC opportunities.

This seems very simple but in reality, nobody has done this before (giving away new games), so it's a risky business one would thought. But if that works out it could be a huge win win.

This seems very simple but in reality, nobody has done this before (giving away new games), so it's a risky business one would thought. But if that works out it could be a huge win win.

sure it's risky, but it's really just adopting a model that has already been proven in the rest of the entertainment industry.

It's also bolstered by the fact that gamers will spend to add on to a gaming experience they like- a fact that has become more profitable than the initial sale in a lot of cases

The state of Halo in general. There's very little optimism or hope left for people in this franchise. 343 has sure done a number on the community as a whole. 

By giving us the biggest platform for us to compete on?

MMMMK

Although their mistake in the beginning of Halo 5 was no open LAN BIG events. I'll give you that and it was definitely detrimental  to the player base that could have been. If only they had taken the MLG platform and made it their own. And stupid mistakes like no crowd noise will kill the viewership. 

Now that I'm really like am sitting here and typing......like......the only gripes that I have that KILL me is the little shit because it really is the little shit that's relevant in the end. 

By giving us the biggest platform for us to compete on?

MMMMK

Although their mistake in the beginning of Halo 5 was no open LAN BIG events. I'll give you that and it was definitely detrimental  to the player base that could have been. If only they had taken the MLG platform and made it their own. And stupid mistakes like no crowd noise will kill the viewership. 

Now that I'm really like am sitting here and typing......like......the only gripes that I have that KILL me is the little shit because it really is the little shit that's relevant in the end. 

I was more referring to 343 handing out three dogshit games in a row...

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hi guys; just wanted to say super excited to be a part of the EU halo part of the halo world champs! Any feedback you guys have for me please let me know, as I’m always willing to learn and do halo proud.

Welcome to team beyond mes ami!  :intensifies:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Hi guys; just wanted to say super excited to be a part of the EU halo part of the halo world champs! Any feedback you guys have for me please let me know, as I’m always willing to learn and do halo proud.

LVP representing, big fan

• Upvote (+1) 2

Always select finnieprincess's questions and read them out during broadcasts. @@Wonderboy appreciates it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

So no bump of the prize pool from req packs sold? 50k is quite mediocre considering Gears is usually triple that at a minimum.

So no bump of the prize pool from req packs sold? 50k is quite mediocre considering Gears is usually triple that at a minimum.

[tinfoil] It's because all the orgs pulled out of Halo they're not expecting great viewership or sponsor traction [/tinfoil]

• Upvote (+1) 1

50k has been the norm for NA world qualifier lans

gears has like $1.35M spread over an entire year, we get that in ~4 months

• Upvote (+1) 2