CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Twitch chats are brutal. The amount of hate myself and other casters get during events is horrendous, genuinely to the point of me considering taking a step back from casting, on several occasions.

Is it only twitch chat though? I think people nowadays, everywhere, are kind of brutal when expressing their opinion. People just don't like censorship, they want to be blunt, they want to express their ruthless opinion about whatever thing they think is wrong in their opinion. Most people don't give a fuck if they hurt someone else feelings while doing so. Welcome to the Internet era, get used to it.

I personally don't like you as a caster. I actually only truly enjoy three casters: Simms, T2 and Elamite, if Twitch had the option of turning off casting and enabling only game sound, I'd be a happy man, yet, I respect your work and understand that probably hundreds or thousands of people do enjoy your casting, so I'm not going to start talking shit on the Halo's channel twitch chat. Halo kids really need to grow up, this community is extremely toxic, but that's mostly because there are many rednecks, racist fucks and assholes who apparently just hate life, who play and watch this game.

Still, I think I've watched a decent amount of Spartan stream and I honestly don't think he was getting that much hate, I mean, that's just what I saw, maybe he's just a sensitive guy (which is totally fine) and took every comment alluding to his attitude or playstyle as personal, but, man, when you're making like $2000 a month streaming Halo, will you really let people hating on you stop you? Just ignore them, man, you're literally making money playing a videogame, you even have fans, people who admire you and want to be like you, but you choose to focus on the negative? I just don't get it lol.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Is it only twitch chat though? I think people nowadays, everywhere, are kind of brutal when expressing their opinion. People just don't like censorship, they want to be blunt, they want to express their ruthless opinion about whatever thing they think is wrong in their opinion. Most people don't give a fuck if they hurt someone else feelings while doing so. Welcome to the Internet era, get used to it.

I personally don't like you as a caster. I actually only truly enjoy three casters: Simms, T2 and Elamite, if Twitch had the option of turning off casting and enabling only game sound, I'd be a happy man, yet, I respect your work and understand that probably hundreds or thousands of people do enjoy your casting, so I'm not going to start talking shit on the Halo's channel twitch chat. Halo kids really need to grow up, this community is extremely toxic, but that's mostly because there are many rednecks, racist fucks and assholes who apparently just hate life, who play and watch this game.

Still, I think I've watched a decent amount of Spartan stream and I honestly don't think he was getting that much hate, I mean, that's just what I saw, maybe he's just a sensitive guy (which is totally fine) and took every comment alluding to his attitude or playstyle as personal, but, man, when you're making like $2000 a month streaming Halo, will you really let people hating on you stop you? Just ignore them, man, you're literally making money playing a videogame, you even have fans, people who admire you and want to be like you, but you choose to focus on the negative? I just don't get it lol.

There's no way he makes 2k/month streaming Halo

Didn't he have like 300 subs at one point? That's already $1K right there if he has that same "pro gamer" deal where the streamer gets $3.50 per sub. Then it just takes $40 a day to get you to the other $1K if you stream 25 days in a month. Just some basic math, but I have no idea cuz I didn't really watch him. Maybe he streams less, maybe he doesn't make $40/day in donations, maybe he doesn't have 300 subs. No fkin clue.

Spartan has multiple people with twitch names making fun of him and his dad i can't blame him for wanting to take a break. Batchford is completely right sometimes that stuff can get to you worse than other times. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thats like 80 ~subs, Spartan and ContrA have close to 200 each

Spartan has multiple people with twitch names making fun of him and his dad i can't blame him for wanting to take a break. Batchford is completely right sometimes that stuff can get to you worse than other times. 

I'm guessing his dad streaming Twitch and also talking shit to kids on Twitter had something to do with that as well lol

• Upvote (+1) 2

Sorry I’ll get back on topic. Did @@Zavehi ever announce his Sea of Thieves Org?

I watched quite a bit of Sea of Thieves BETA on Twitch but I still don't get the objective of the game.  Because people were always goofing around and singing music and launching themselves out of cannons. Can someone explain it to me?  Is it basically a Pirate Themed Battle Royale?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I watched quite a bit of Sea of Thieves BETA on Twitch but I still don't get the objective of the game.  Because people were always goofing around and singing music and launching themselves out of cannons. Can someone explain it to me?  Is it basically a Pirate Themed Battle Royale?

The objective is to be a Pirate

I watched quite a bit of Sea of Thieves BETA on Twitch but I still don't get the objective of the game. Because people were always goofing around and singing music and launching themselves out of cannons. Can someone explain it to me? Is it basically a Pirate Themed Battle Royale?

You go on quests to find treasure chests and then you trade the treasure chest in for gold which is used to buy harder quests, different clothes, etc

People can steal your treasure chests off your boat and trade them in for gold so you have to be on the lookout for other pirates

I think it’s gonna be pretty fun so I’m gonna subscribe to game pass to check it out

• Upvote (+1) 7

You go on quests to find treasure chests and then you trade the treasure chest in for gold which is used to buy harder quests, different clothes, etc

People can steal your treasure chests off your boat and trade them in for gold so you have to be on the lookout for other pirates

I think it’s gonna be pretty fun so I’m gonna subscribe to game pass to check it out

Can you get bigger and bad asser ships?  Guns?  What about pirate guilds? 

I watched quite a bit of Sea of Thieves BETA on Twitch but I still don't get the objective of the game. Because people were always goofing around and singing music and launching themselves out of cannons. Can someone explain it to me? Is it basically a Pirate Themed Battle Royale?

The main goal is to become a legendary pirate. you do this by completing voyages, cashing in treasure from your voyages, which then unlocks tougher, more mechanically involved voyages. you wear your accomplishments in the form of cosmetics upgrades to your avatar, ship, and your ingame title.

meanwhile, other players you encounter can sink your ship, steal your shit, and get the credit for your accomplishments. or they can be friendly. you never really know...

And you'll also have to deal with npc threats like pirate skeletons, sharks, and sea monsters.

there will be raids and community events and a ongoing background narrative.

There's no vertical stat gains. you don't grind to make your avatar better... you just learn to get better at the game and complete harder tasks.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Can you get bigger and bad asser ships?  Guns?  What about pirate guilds? 

We know that there will be 3 guilds (Gold Hoarders, Order of Souls, and one unknown) that let you do different kind of missions. The size of your ship depends on your party size. Single person has smallest ship, a duo has a slightly bigger ship, and a party of four gets the fearsome galleon.