CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Literally Halo 5, everyone outside of the fan base just takes the piss out of it now in the chat and slams it/the players/the community/the casters. The whole advance movement saga has done so much damage to the franchise and people like to use it as an excuse to inflate their ego and take aim calling us a joke.

That said people shouldn't be getting triggered by it, welcome to the internet and freedom of speech in all of its glory. However on the flip side I fully appreciate and understand why some one would want to distance themselves from it. Streaming takes a lot of time and effort, major respect to anyone who does it on the regular especially in Halo where the viewership can be difficult at times.

Damn, this made me tear up a little, thinking about the state of Halo esports

Damn, this made me tear up a little, thinking about the state of Halo esports

The state of Halo in general. There's very little optimism or hope left for people in this franchise. 343 has sure done a number on the community as a whole. 

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Seeing some old orgs/new good orgs in Halo would be nice. I'm not watching scrims and stuff but can't wait for MLG Orlando and the UK event. 

This somehow turned into a contest to see how edgy one can be. Guess drama is hard to come by lately.

On another note, I'm personally happy to see Kaiss and his team doing well. I would like to see him place high more consistently at LAN events as well.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Dude, it's not trolling, and it's not a once in a blue moon thing. It's literally every day.

Mikwen you are strong. You are special. I believe in you. We can get through this together, but first you must stream
  • Upvote (+1) 1

The state of Halo in general. There's very little optimism or hope left for people in this franchise. 343 has sure done a number on the community as a whole. 

I wonder if its like this elsewhere in the Halo community, outside of here.

I wonder if its like this elsewhere in the Halo community, outside of here.

There's a community outside of here?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Being a halo fan is depressing, I checked out mentally LONG ago.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Predictions for the Ambush announcement?

Renegades-Ambush?

NV-Ambush?

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles-Ambush?

TMNT is dangerously close to TMMT :thinking:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Telling someone to just 'not look' at their chat is also pretty laughable... that's the whole point of streaming, it's an interactive experience. It's the same with telling people like shroud to add a delay to his stream to stop stream snipers. Chat & donation interaction in real time are the lifeblood of successful streams, let alone Halo streams.

Twitch chats are brutal. The amount of hate myself and other casters get during events is horrendous, genuinely to the point of me considering taking a step back from casting, on several occasions. It still happens. Like Batch said, it takes strong mental fortitude to brush those off; if you're having a bad day or feel fragile, it's not surprising to act in a manor that may seem unbecoming of the individual. We're all human

For what it’s worth I think you’re an incredible asset to the Halo community. I have friends who haven’t followed competitive Halo for years and the one positive thing I’ve had to say about it to them is that the strength of casting is keeping me interested.

Simms (A huge Happy Birthday to him also), Onset, Gaskin and Yourself have been a huge reason that the EU scene has been able to compete with NA in terms of broadcast quality and I think it’s so well deserved that you’ll be casting at an MLG Halo event.

I know people on the internet can be dicks, and if you ever feel like taking a step back that would be totally understandable but just remember a lot of us do appreciate what you guys bring to the community.

• Upvote (+1) 8

For what it’s worth I think you’re an incredible asset to the Halo community. I have friends who haven’t followed competitive Halo for years and the one positive thing I’ve had to say about it to them is that the strength of casting is keeping me interested.

Simms (A huge Happy Birthday to him also), Onset, Gaskin and Yourself have been a huge reason that the EU scene has been able to compete with NA in terms of broadcast quality and I think it’s so well deserved that you’ll be casting at an MLG Halo event.

I know people on the internet can be dicks, and if you ever feel like taking a step back that would be totally understandable but just remember a lot of us do appreciate what you guys bring to the community.

Thanks my guy, I don't want anyone thinking I was fishing for compliments here or anything though I was merely sharing my insight on the matter <3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Literally Halo 5, everyone outside of the fan base just takes the piss out of it now in the chat and slams it/the players/the community/the casters. The whole advance movement saga has done so much damage to the franchise and people like to use it as an excuse to inflate their ego and take aim calling us a joke.

That said people shouldn't be getting triggered by it, welcome to the internet and freedom of speech in all of its glory. However on the flip side I fully appreciate and understand why some one would want to distance themselves from it. Streaming takes a lot of time and effort, major respect to anyone who does it on the regular especially in Halo where the viewership can be difficult at times.

You don't think hosting a world's event with half inflated balloons did anything to tarnish its image do you? 

You don't think hosting a world's event with half inflated balloons did anything to tarnish its image do you? 

At least they're all nice people

• Upvote (+1) 1