CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Some people like to be very interactive with their chats, that was my favorite part of streaming lol

But if the trolling gets to a point of severity to where it's really upsetting you, isn't it easy enough to just stop looking at it for the night?

Writing off much of the awfulness that is twitch chat in general as “just trolling” is a big part of the problem. It’s still being an asshole. Try not being an asshole to people.

You sound exactly like the kind of guy who gets mad when people say “bitch” and has parental controls set up on their router
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 10

But if the trolling gets to a point of severity to where it's really upsetting you, isn't it easy enough to just stop looking at it for the night?

That's not really how it works. @@Mikwen just stated that he likes to interact with the chat, so he's not going to ignore it. Additionally (and I speak for myself here, not Mikwen) it would feel unfair to ignore everyone based on a few bad eggs. 

The best solution is to set up some solid, fair rules and enforce them but generally the lower-view streamers can struggle with this as they don't have mods to do it for them and banning your viewers from interacting can feel somewhat counterproductive (again, speaking for myself here).

• Upvote (+1) 3

That's not really how it works. @@Mikwen just stated that he likes to interact with the chat, so he's not going to ignore it. Additionally (and I speak for myself here, not Mikwen) it would feel unfair to ignore everyone based on a few bad eggs.

The best solution is to set up some solid, fair rules and enforce them but generally the lower-view streamers can struggle with this as they don't have mods to do it for them and banning your viewers from interacting can feel somewhat counterproductive (again, speaking for myself here).

Hit it on the head, thank you.

@@Humpflung Personally, as a pro player, when I'm trying to connect to people who are also fans of competitive Halo, it gets tiresome dealing with people constantly talking shit. That's just a personal thing. I like shit talk, I like trolling, I like fucking around, but there's a line when it's just something I didn't want to deal with from people I didn't know.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Predictions for the Ambush announcement?

Renegades-Ambush?

NV-Ambush?

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles-Ambush?

I'm hoping NV. Would be cool to have Renegades back though maybe they'll pick up lunch's team.

it makes me sad that no one streams halo while talking trash about everyone while listening to some phat Drum & Bass rollers.

Maybe im just too 'UK' for all of you :(

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't watch Spartans stream but he must be getting an absurd amount of shit. I would assume His mods would just be handing out 600s so he wouldn't have to deal with much himself. Maybe he needs some new mods. 

Halo has pretty much always been toxic where just about everyone has an insanely huge ego or some kind of crazy desire to just be a dick. There are some cool people here and there depending on how friendly they are towards you in particular but I can't really get mad at people getting burnt out on it and not wanting to deal with the community as a whole. It really isn't like this everywhere you go and its probably good for pros to sort of disconnect once in awhile

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ahhh I too like to critique people that are in a position that I have no experience being in. Makes a lot of sense..

Good posts @@Mikwen

• Upvote (+1) 9

I really want to see the Pittsburgh Knights jump into Halo. Leonyx is one of the most passionate guys in esports and I think having him involved in Halo again would be awesome.

• Upvote (+1) 2

maybe try sub-only chat? i dunno

also pre-built PCs are now, for the first time ever, an incredible deal (just make sure you replace the PSU)

Train is back on the tracks. Can we stop that whole conversation please? Thanks.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You sound exactly like the kind of guy who gets mad when people say “bitch” and has parental controls set up on their router

166.gif

• Upvote (+1) 5

Oh. Did they ever do any patches to the game since my absents 

At least since Atlanta 

• Downvote (-1) 1