CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

He made the best decision of his life when he quit Halo. I personally still find his streams to be incredibly boring though. His idea of entertainment is almost that of a kids birthday clown. The main reason to watch is for his gameplay but all he streams is Fortnite. And thats casual as fuck compared to PUBG and H1Z1, at least in the past.

So how he gets more than 10k people watching and now 40k people as of late is beyond me.

Ninja's Fortnite gameplay is on another level. I love jumping into the stream because it doesn't take long for something crazy to happen.

I don't get the love for the PonPon thing he does though. I tend to close the stream when that starts.

I never cared for his streams. Never my thing and I wasn't a fan of his during the Halo times. I do agree that quitting Halo was the best thing for him financially, emotionally, and work-wise. Streaming other games that bring in FAR more viewers, and thus money, probably makes the work that he does as a streamer so much easier and more fun, not to mention much, much more lucrative for him. On top of that, the stress involved with competing in Halo, as well as in H1Z1 at the time, and the poor placements of his halo team, it all probably felt like a massive weight off of his shoulders. I assume he probably misses competing because I believe he genuinely loves Halo, but man, good for that guy whether I enjoy his streams or not.

oh of course he would lose viewers, but it would still be great for H6 when (likely very briefly) switches to it

Might have that Summit1G effect. Huge uptick in viewers for the duration of the stream and when he stops streaming it could go back to being DOA. It all depends on the game. If the game is good, the players and viewers will come. If the game is more of the bullshit like Reach, 4, and 5, Halo is so far beyond fucked.

Literally Halo 5, everyone outside of the fan base just takes the piss out of it now in the chat and slams it/the players/the community/the casters. The whole advance movement saga has done so much damage to the franchise and people like to use it as an excuse to inflate their ego and take aim calling us a joke.

That said people shouldn't be getting triggered by it, welcome to the internet and freedom of speech in all of its glory. However on the flip side I fully appreciate and understand why some one would want to distance themselves from it. Streaming takes a lot of time and effort, major respect to anyone who does it on the regular especially in Halo where the viewership can be difficult at times.

Quoted for truth. I think that everything you said is spot on Simms. 

Lethul is my pen pal , he wrote me a letter saying he stopped streaming because he wants to be the next Tyler1. He will be back with 200k viewers don't worry.

Please if Lethul came back to streaming he would break much more than 200k viewers. The world is in depression right now because of Lethuls choice to stop streaming, the day Lethul starts streaming again is the day all of the worlds problems are fixed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lethul is my pen pal , he wrote me a letter saying he stopped streaming because he wants to be the next Tyler1. He will be back with 200k viewers don't worry.

When TJ streams again, OpTic will go back to 13-0ing everyone

• Upvote (+1) 4

also trying to buy a graphics card these days, fucking hell.

Mate, crypto mining has fucked the prices so badly. 1080's have gone up by 30%

Holy shit, 1080tis going for $1600+??? Thank god I got my 1080 last year before the madness, spent a whole $500

A buddy of mine saw a 1070 at the Micro center in Kansas City for $890 just a few days ago... Mine was like $380 or something a year ago I wanna say? Going purely by memory here. I bought mine online though, not sure how Micro Center prices usually compare to Newegg/Amazon

Real gamer problems. I've been waiting to upgrade for way too long. I've been slowly watching my framerate go below 60..

That's one of the problems, tbh.

Building a good culture around esports and viewing games is important in the future.

Be an adult and show some empathy instead of some bs attack on someone's perceived lack of masculinity.

Sarcastic play at a serious issue during the wrong time can cause more damage than just direct inconsiderate dribble in my opinion. Spartan is a friend and  a great dude, he doesn't deserve the hate at all. 

OT: Can we get some predictions outside of the top 4? I think it's fair to say Splyce & Optic will compete for 1st, REC & Ambush for 3/4th spot then everyone else is pretty darn close.

I've been keeping my eyes on Kaiss, Manny, Soulsnipe and Druk - they look like a serious underdog AM team. High Society/5K type success stories were always amazing to see back in the day.

Here is a little throwback to the most successful AM team in MLG history:

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't usually pay attention to chat's that much. I mean I could see why trolls get tiresome after awhile and spartan does seem to be pretty sensitive so it's not a surprise.

On the subject of Lethul though most of his chat didn't do anything extremely personal and that was kind of the point of his chat - freedom to joke around with him. In a way it was a nice break from dictator chats like Ninja's etc.

The who decline of the community comes from Halo 5 not being a great game, a garbage TO for 2 years, and constant struggle with 343 IMO.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Why not just put it in sub mode if you are so scared of trolls?

Sub mode isn't fair to the non subs that aren't dicks and it has nothing to do with fear.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't really watch H5 unless there's an event going on. Is the shittiness directed at the streamers themselves, the game, both? I'm kind of out of the loop on this. 

I've been keeping my eyes on Kaiss, Manny, Soulsnipe and Druk - they look like a serious underdog AM team. High Society/5K type success stories were always amazing to see back in the day.

Here is a little throwback to the most successful AM team in MLG history:

Good lord I loved 5K back then!!!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Mate, crypto mining has fucked the prices so badly. 1080's have gone up by 30%

Trying to buy a new RX 570 is even more difficult, they're not even in stock. My mate said he found an RX 570 in PC world for £250 though,  dont tell the miners

I wonder if we will ever see prices of them return to normal. I don't think Nvidia/AMD will ever be matching supply for demand because if mining disappeared because of laws/crashes etc., they wouldn't be able to sell many new ones because of the massive over-demand on the resale market, which could severely affect their income.

Not to mention, there are so many cards being released now that the actual specs of the cards are changing. For example, the first RX570's were built with Samsung memory in them - the new ones now are getting Hynix or even Micron. 

I feel sorry for you my Leeds techno head - the requirement to have at least a 350GB GPU to play PUBG is a pain in the ass.

I miss drama already. 

1 Halo pro call another pro a cuck please. 

That or say 100,000 bucks isn't life changing 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wonder how many viewers lxthul will have on his day of return

if he builds the hype with his girlfriend sitting on his shoulders? over nine thousand

• Upvote (+1) 3

I miss drama already. 

1 Halo pro call another pro a cuck please. 

That or say 100,000 bucks isn't life changing 

Someone ask someone what their rent is 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I mean, he said that's why he quit. His chat was awful. And the no-fucks given thing can only last so long. Everybody has their limits.

There are consequences to things we say online. When you talk shit about Someone you have to remember that they are a person with real human emotions no matter what facade they project.

i get this but his chat was the way it was because he let it be. His stream is "famous" for being like the wild west with no rules or mods. 

• Upvote (+1) 1