CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Wish I was a power poster

Would love to know what that feels like

It’s not that great. You just get burned by navg once every couple months.

• Upvote (+1) 3

What do you mean? As in his fans get over it? I find it strange to stop watching a streamer just because they cheated on their wife. We don't have anything to get over.

If you mean them getting over it (doc and wife) then I'm sure the lack of stream

money sped the process along

I totally quoted a guy but something went wrong

Ninja was saying the doc not streaming has nothing to do with his growth. And I think he brought up some fair points. He's gaining traction on YouTube just as fast as twitch. I think his skill at fortnite and personality are carrying him more than the docs break.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What do you mean? As in his fans get over it? I find it strange to stop watching a streamer just because they cheated on their wife. We don't have anything to get over.

If you mean them getting over it (doc and wife) then I'm sure the lack of stream

money sped the process along

I totally quoted a guy but something went wrong

Faking it for an excuse to launch Doc 2.0/build hype for a comeback. Core audience eats it up. Just like Logan Paul's audience not giving a crap about what he'd done. 

And if you don't think he's already got over a Mil you are kidding yourself. I think he could have taken more time to make the relationship better rather than coming back so soon over lack of stream rev. Seems flimsy. 

Ninja was saying the doc not streaming has nothing to do with his growth. And I think he brought up some fair points. He's gaining traction on YouTube just as fast as twitch. I think his skill at fortnite and personality are carrying him more than the docs break.

Yep. Ninja is one of if not the best at the game. Doc wasn't even playing much Fortnite. Some of the prime subs may be from Docs but Tyler is pulling in so many. Out viewing summit and Co. regularly. Until Fortnite dies, Ninja will be fine. By that time his core audience will be huge hopefully. (by core I mean fans that will follow him and not just the game like some of these subs are) 

• Downvote (-1) 1

That being said, when there is less competition on the field, you are bound to grow even more.....provided you bring a good product(which I think Ninja does).

I had an interesting idea. What if the pistol was a 3 shot kill or a 4 shot kill ONLY if you landed all headshots for each shot? Otherwise it was still a 5 shot(4 body, 1 head) or 7 body shot kill. It would be cool to reward precision while simultaneously creating a bigger skill gap. Thoughts?

Nah.  One of the things i have always loved about Halo gunplay is the way that hitting shields has consistent base damage then you go for the headshot once it pops.  Makes the damage taken/given in gunfights predictable.  You can make smart decisions about challenging or backing down.  Having headshots do different amounts of damage would lead to some random/frustrating encounters.  This issue gets extended with automatic weapons and their headshot "multipliers". My feeling is if a weapon is headshot eligible, it should be a single hit kill when shields are down.

Oh it most certainly does. Not the totality of his growth of course, but certainly some of it.

Mostly though, its because watching him play fortnite is pretty fun.  His super-aggro style really suits that game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Faking it for an excuse to launch Doc 2.0/build hype for a comeback. Core audience eats it up. Just like Logan Paul's audience not giving a crap about what he'd done.

And if you don't think he's already got over a Mil you are kidding yourself. I think he could have taken more time to make the relationship better rather than coming back so soon over lack of stream rev. Seems flimsy.

Yep. Ninja is one of if not the best at the game. Doc wasn't even playing much Fortnite. Some of the prime subs may be from Docs but Tyler is pulling in so many. Out viewing summit and Co. regularly. Until Fortnite dies, Ninja will be fine. By that time his core audience will be huge hopefully. (by core I mean fans that will follow him and not just the game like some of these subs are)

If someone is going to fake something in order to mount a comeback, why would it be cheating? It's the least interesting controversy.

Like, who really cares whether celebrities are faithful to their spouses?

And how much time do you think it takes get back to work after getting caught cheating? If I cheated on my wife (or vice versa) and got caught... we'd probably both be at work the next day... gotta eat. Normal people mend relationships and still handle their professional responsibilities.

• Upvote (+1) 3

If someone is going to fake something in order to mount a comeback, why would it be cheating?

Like, who really cares whether celebrities are faithful to their spouses?

And how much time do you think it takes get back to work after getting caught cheating? If I cheated on my wife (or vice versa) and got caught... we'd probably both be at work the next day... gotta eat. Normal people mend relationships and still handle their professional responsibilities.

I mean, it wasn't the best idea, but if he was running out of ways he could take the stream to the next step, infidelity is something he could control. I don't even think he's lost any sponsors and he got a lot of headlines. If the infidelity wasn't true, and he even incorporates his wife in the stream, it's a win for literally everyone involved.

Comparing him to other celebs isn't really the same. Twitch streamers relationship with their subs and this community is much more involved.

Sure us normal ppl would. This isn't a normal case. They have the opportunity to invest more time to make things right, where others aren't so lucky. Where as if this never happened, he could have easily used this time to just spend with his family, and come back when he was ready. 

• Downvote (-1) 3

People think doc faked cheating on his wife? That's lunacy

I'm honestly dumbfounded at the amount of people that make up theories saying that it was fake in order to introduce a new character and such, Like.. What..

We are bringing them back.

Weekly Power Rankings made sense for a weekly pro league.

But what are they going to be based off right now? Just scrims?

I mean, it wasn't the best idea, but if he was running out of ways he could take the stream to the next step, infidelity is something he could control. I don't even think he's lost any sponsors and he got a lot of headlines. If the infidelity wasn't true, and he even incorporates his wife in the stream, it's a win for literally everyone involved.

Comparing him to other celebs isn't really the same. Twitch streamers relationship with their subs and this community is much more involved.

Sure us normal ppl would. This isn't a normal case. They have the opportunity to invest more time to make things right, where others aren't so lucky. Where as if this never happened, he could have easily used this time to just spend with his family, and come back when he was ready. 

There is no way he faked.  Just no way.

I feel the same way about this as i did with the people judging Patton Oswalt for getting married again so quickly after his wife died.

Who the fuck do we think we are to decide when someone else, who's life we haven't lived and who's context we cant possible understand, is "ready"?  Maybe they are, maybe they aren't, maybe getting back to normalcy is part of it. who knows? I hope that he's got his shit together because I enjoy his streams and want to see him come out the other side of this a better person, but i think handing down judgement is a mistake.  As are conspiracy theories that have no basis in fact.

• Upvote (+1) 5

ninja just had almost 10k watching him play gold tier league. i think by the time fortnite has run its course he will be on the next thing very quick and his core audience will follow. he's just fun to watch

• Upvote (+1) 1

2k results + scrims maybe

you guys see the dota2 + esl fiasco? i'm so glad MLG is back

Zow4Tw8.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 6

There is no way he faked.  Just no way.

I feel the same way about this as i did with the people judging Patton Oswalt for getting married again so quickly after his wife died.

Who the fuck do we think we are to decide when someone else, who's life we haven't lived and who's context we cant possible understand, is "ready"?  Maybe they are, maybe they aren't, maybe getting back to normalcy is part of it. who knows? I hope that he's got his shit together because I enjoy his streams and want to see him come out the other side of this a better person, but i think handing down judgement is a mistake.  As are conspiracy theories that have no basis in fact.

With that same logic of no basis in fact, there is no way to know if he didn't fake it. It's all speculation. you know what they say about opinions...

ninja just had almost 10k watching him play gold tier league. i think by the time fortnite has run its course he will be on the next thing very quick and his core audience will follow. he's just fun to watch

Yea man it's great. No schtick. Just grinding 16ish hours a day. It's insane. 

• Downvote (-1) 6

2K's + Scrims + semi-frequent LAN events.

Wont be perfect (due to online randomness) but better than nothing  :simms:

Also might not be *weekly*.

• Upvote (+1) 3

2k results + scrims maybe

you guys see the dota2 + esl fiasco? i'm so glad MLG is back

Zow4Tw8.jpg

esl's ama on the whole thing is hilarious. i'm glad the shitty way they handled halo is creeping into other games so they can really be seen as the subpar to they have become. im glad they just threw us up on twitter alongside twitch vs relegating us to facebook like theyve done with dota and csgo

With that same logic of no basis in fact, there is no way to know if he didn't fake it. It's all speculation. you know what they say about opinions...

yeah.. that some make way more sense than others.  Faking a scandal when you are already the most popular streamer with sponsorship deals and tons of success makes.... no sense. at all.  In any universe.  People pull scandals like that when their careers are over... not when they are at their height.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Lunacy is thinking people get over it in a few weeks tbh

Actually, lunacy is the state of being a lunatic. Believe me, I know.

Stikki take a step back and realize you're sitting here accusing someone who was already the #1 streamer in the universe at the time of faking a cheating scandal and attacking his fanbase because you're mad that Ninja is losing some subs.

Us normal people indeed

Edit: full disclosure I've loved Ninja's stream since he started playing fortnite but you're being ridiculous

• Upvote (+1) 6

esl's ama on the whole thing is hilarious. i'm glad the shitty way they handled halo is creeping into other games so they can really be seen as the subpar to they have become. im glad they just threw us up on twitter alongside twitch vs relegating us to facebook like theyve done with dota and csgo

Whats the TL;DR on the situation? ESL DMCA'ing Dota2 streamers on twitch? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

"Us normal people"

Omg

Context is everything isn't it? People who don't have enough money to take the time off. I was replying to someone who suggested normal people go right back to work because they have to. 

Stikki take a step back and realize you're sitting here accusing someone who was already the #1 streamer in the universe at the time of faking a cheating scandal and attacking his fanbase because you're mad that Ninja is losing some subs.

There is a difference between accusations and having a theory(not only shared by ninja fans). All speculation. The timing of him planning a Doc 2.0 and this whole "scandal" as apollo put it, is coincidental. 

Just because I don't have an opinion that amounts up to glowing praise for the Doc doesn't mean it's because I'm afraid Ninja will lose all his subs to Doc's return. Reel it in a bit man. 

• Downvote (-1) 5