CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Wish I was a power poster

Would love to know what that feels like 

It feels like being a normal poster only you spend less time with friends and family.

• Upvote (+1) 5

They remove Oddball and now I get Slayer 6 times in a row.

Thanks, 343.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I had an interesting idea. What if the pistol was a 3 shot kill or a 4 shot kill ONLY if you landed all headshots for each shot? Otherwise it was still a 5 shot(4 body, 1 head) or 7 body shot kill. It would be cool to reward precision while simultaneously creating a bigger skill gap. Thoughts?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Now I am not saying it can't be fixed, but it clearly shows how hard is to make work anything in H5. No assault, no forge, no oddball, no maps.

Halo 5 lives its own life and it's clearly not the game they wanted to make. Jesus Christ I hope they tune down all that stupid movement possibilities. Nothing works in this game.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I had an interesting idea. What if the pistol was a 3 shot kill or a 4 shot kill ONLY if you landed all headshots for each shot? Otherwise it was still a 5 shot(4 body, 1 head) or 7 body shot kill. It would be cool to reward precision while simultaneously creating a bigger skill gap. Thoughts?

Headshots register so randomly in this game in its third year that I can't endorse it.

• Upvote (+1) 6

REC had 103 more kills than OG last night. I don't think I've ever seen them get outslayed that much in a scrim before.

• Upvote (+1) 2

REC had 103 more kills than OG last night. I don't think I've ever seen them get outslayed that much in a scrim before.

REC is improving, but I never look too deep into Optic's scrim results.

They remove Oddball and now I get Slayer 6 times in a row.

Thanks, 343.

Didn't know you played Halo 5.  :walshy:

REC is improving, but I never look too deep into Optic's scrim results.

Since their break they have been losing more than they ever have. Hopefully its just a case of them getting back to their best.

OpTic has never lost this badly in H5 scrims, it definitely means something. They still have time to pull it together but they’re not even remotely the clear favorite.

Also 343 will never remove Breakout, too many commendations are tied to it

• Upvote (+1) 3

OpTic has never lost this badly in H5 scrims, it definitely means something. They still have time to pull it together but they’re not even remotely the clear favorite.

Also 343 will never remove Breakout, too many commendations are tied to it

They don't have to remove it, just make it social, add back the old maps, have both the old and new Breakout in rotation and bam.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I was thinking of this last night, in Nascar, a fan can get a channel or something to view the inside of their favorite drivers car and hear their coms as well. I think it would be cool for halo to have the quad view streams with cons going on at all times throughout the match.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This was my approach as well when I was doing videos/livestreams in 2016, and although I got a meager following, it definitely wasn't anything sustainable and I got a lot of negative feedback about how poor my videos were presented.

I realized eventually it's hubris to think your content is good enough to carry its own weight with barebones editing, and that I either had to invest the time and money in making things pop like Towey does (because his content was much, much more appealing), or abandon it all together since the time budget wasn't matching the yields at the time.  Because I had other responsibilities, I elected to abandon the content in lieu of focusing on other stuff in life.

So from experience my advice is: Make it great, or don't make it.  I love your content, and I think it's something that's needed in the Halo community, but it's a time sink rather than a time investment if you're not also putting in the work to give it broader appeal and snazzier appearance.

(All that said, there's absolutely nothing wrong with making barebones content simply because you enjoy what you're doing.)

Yeah putting time and effort into content was something you taught me when doing interviews. ;) It makes a big difference and can turn something from cringey to enjoyable with a few simple tweaks that most people won't even see unless they are looking for them. Terms of editing it really isn't that hard to fix. Either hire someone or learn something like Paint.Net/basic video editor (this is aimed at content creators not you Tibby) and instant profit. I'm always available LOL  

couldn't they just ... like ... fix the spawns?  

also I noticed the other night that Ninja had more viewers than Lirik and Summit (streaming at the same time), I think it's fair to say that Ninja might be the biggest individual streamer on Twitch at this point?  We'll see what happens when Doc returns

summit1g has the most followers on Twitch IIRC. Ninja is def on his way thou. 

fortnite is insanely popular and he's amazing at it, right place right time

from what i understand doc doesn't like fortnite so he might not be too much of a factor 

Ninja and the Doc have played fortnite together, but Ninja is significantly better all around at Fortnite compared to the Doc. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was thinking of this last night, in Nascar, a fan can get a channel or something to view the inside of their favorite drivers car and hear their coms as well. I think it would be cool for halo to have the quad view streams with cons going on at all times throughout the match.

We had this for 1 ugc event for each side. It was amazing!

Didn't know you played Halo 5.  :walshy:

I didn't for like 6-8 months, but I saw all of the changes they made to the HCS playlist and thought I'd give it another try.

I was nearly enjoying myself, too.

We had this for 1 ugc event for each side. It was amazing!

Did they have coms with them? I dont remember

Edit: They did, i'm watching the vod right now, I wish this would come back 

also I noticed the other night that Ninja had more viewers than Lirik and Summit (streaming at the same time), I think it's fair to say that Ninja might be the biggest individual streamer on Twitch at this point?  We'll see what happens when Doc returns

It's sort of a perfect storm for Ninja with Fortnite. Without it, I think Lirik and Summit may retain a higher, more stable viewer base. But the longer this trend continues for him, the more that could change. Also loltyler1 and shroud are huge fanbase factors as well. The dude is about to hit 1 million Youtube subscribers probably today.

He has over 21,000 twitch subs. Some of those were probably Docs but who's to say till the dust settles. Just my opinion but to me it looks like Doc faked infidelity to mount a second coming for his stream. Now with this "hype" he's Doc 2.0, introducing the Challengers Club. May be including his wife as a character in the stream. His core audience won't care if him faking it or not, they will eat it all up. He has been talking about brainstorming what is next for the stream. I think he also mentions it in his h3h3 podcast. That's just my tinfoil hat tho  :simms:

"Did I mention my wife is an assassin?...Correction. She's a deadly assassin."

As if their are non deadly assassins  :lxthul:.

C'mon Doc, you could have done this a different way 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5

You can't take online Halo 5 anything at face value. There are so many blank shots and dodgy hit reg. I swear it's location based too, because I can probably assume Frosty has better internet than I do since gaming is his job. But he still gets way more blank shots/melees/questionable hit registration/deaths.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How did nobody say

"sounds expensive"

to this yet?