CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Sure if you want to discount the MLG.tv viewers, as well as the Korean and French streams... Not like 100k+ is necessarily terrible for a non-hyped week 3 match-up.

Can't really compare the inaugural stream of the most well-produced e-league to date with a regular weekday match.

the other thing to consider is viewership isn't necessarily how a TO makes money

twitch is paying them $90M to broadcast this on their site, OWL just signed a sponsorship with toyota, etc

OG vs REC

https://www.twitch.tv/frosty

• Upvote (+1) 5

People trying to celebrate Oddball's removal with me

QahLCrY.gif

If i were that blonde, I would be fired because I would've slapped that brunette in the face. hauckPUH!  SPIT ON DA NON BELIEVERS

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 14

what

I love Oddball. Always have.  Fun to play. Fun to watch. I'm already salty enough over Oddball due to 343's ineptitude and its long absence in H5. Someone rubbing it in my face if it was removed after it's late arrival would be quite triggering. 

I love Oddball. Always have. Fun to play. Fun to watch. I'm already salty enough over Oddball due to 343's ineptitude and its long absence in H5. Someone rubbing it in my face if it was removed after it's late arrival would be quite triggering.

Spawns are Terribad man. I’m glad I got to see it in the last 2k, and after seeing it I’m glad it was removed.

I’m salty that with over a decade worth of examples of Oddball done right, 343 can’t figure out how to make it work.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I love Oddball. Always have.  Fun to play. Fun to watch. I'm already salty enough over Oddball due to 343's ineptitude and its long absence in H5. Someone rubbing it in my face if it was removed after it's late arrival would be quite triggering. 

Your original post is insanely context sensitive. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Oddball spawns were literal dogshit. Like common sense spawns just weren't there. Like holding the ball carbine on Rig and enemies spawn barrels all the time instead of bunker. Or Eden holding the ball in a base and having the enemies spawn tower. It's really not hard but hey it's 343.

• Upvote (+1) 4

couldn't they just ... like ... fix the spawns?  

also I noticed the other night that Ninja had more viewers than Lirik and Summit (streaming at the same time), I think it's fair to say that Ninja might be the biggest individual streamer on Twitch at this point?  We'll see what happens when Doc returns

• Upvote (+1) 2

couldn't they just ... like ... fix the spawns?

also I noticed the other night that Ninja had more viewers than Lirik and Summit (streaming at the same time), I think it's fair to say that Ninja might be the biggest individual streamer on Twitch at this point? We'll see what happens when Doc returns

I think the spawn issue is a programming issue. All the programmers are working on the next game.

As I understand it, The skeleton crew still working on H5 can only screw with settings and basic parameters-

also I noticed the other night that Ninja had more viewers than Lirik and Summit (streaming at the same time), I think it's fair to say that Ninja might be the biggest individual streamer on Twitch at this point?  We'll see what happens when Doc returns

fortnite is insanely popular and he's amazing at it, right place right time

from what i understand doc doesn't like fortnite so he might not be too much of a factor 

fortnite is insanely popular and he's amazing at it, right place right time

from what i understand doc doesn't like fortnite so he might not be too much of a factor 

Doc calls Fortnite a kiddie game, but in my opinion the individual skill ceiling of Fortnite is much higher than PUBG. Both insanely fun games though.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Oddball was removed?  Bummer

I mean, it wasn't executed very well, but it was nice playing something different after all these years of the same 3 gametypes.

• Upvote (+1) 4

One does not simply...

WALK into Forge mode.

Not until a month after launch at least.

• Upvote (+1) 9

5 Arena Gametypes.

Slayer

CTF

Strongholds

Breakout

Oddball

Breakout and Oddball dropped because they suck.  

3 Gametypes only

maybe 4 max in HCS

but 3 again because the 4th always sucks

If only they had 15 years of previous games and gametypes to draw inspiration from. Its a shame that Halo is a brand new Indie IP and doesn't have that luxury.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I don't understand why they don't just remove the campaign if it doesn't even make the list.

You can do better.

• Upvote (+1) 2