CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I'm honestly just happy this series is somehow still alive. Halo in the last 7-8 years has experienced: undebatably the worst launch in video game history, two games that would've sent other heavyweight series reeling into complete irrelevancy, and a game that would've killed an average series.

What about AI with actual mechanics rather than health tuned up 500% like Warzone does?

CE was the last Halo with intelligent AI. It's not happening again as much as I miss it.

do we know what they are using to determine popularity?  Is it unique users or total number of games? or something else?  If it's unique users that seems like poor data to use for popularity.

This is what Menke said when he was asked about it last month.

These numbers come from the total time played, so a smurf has no effect. If you play 20 minutes on your main or on your smurf, that's still 20 minutes added to that playlist's count.

They are also only from time spent in actual matches in those playlists.

This reduces the effect of playlists that have a lot of "tourists" or players that come and play just one match, which would happen if we looked only at unique players.

This is also the most relevant to matchmaking since it tells us how much player density we can expect within a given time frame, which is what we need for matchmaking.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/58b8518e005f432381ab99fbcaf931e0/topics/matchmaking-feedback-update-%E2%80%93-december-11/fb15f10f-ca52-45da-a12c-9e736e9ca3d3/posts?page=2#post23

• Upvote (+1) 2

These numbers come from the total time played, so a smurf has no effect. If you play 20 minutes on your main or on your smurf, that's still 20 minutes added to that playlist's count.

Doesn't this skew the numbers? For example, BTB has 15-20 minute long games with 16 players, so seeing more minutes in that playlist is a no-brainer, even if there's only a few hundred people being re-matched again and again.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Doesn't this skew the numbers? For example, BTB has 15-20 minute long games with 16 players, so seeing more minutes in that playlist is a no-brainer, even if there's only a few hundred people being re-matched again and again.

Also hurts hcs if teams get beat quickly in objective games. I’d be interested to see total games count. Btb full game =16, hcs =8, etc

Time played is the best way to do it. They are measuring how long players want to spend in a playlist.

You can imaging that people in playlist with shorter matches will play more games per play session.

16 people playing in 1 20 min match of BTB in a session won’t carry more weight that two groups of 8, playing 2 Team Slayer matches.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ninja got 180,000 YouTube subscribers in 24 hours.

What is life.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I get that people hate it and that the game type doesnt work well but this still bums me out

• Upvote (+1) 8

We need something new after this season. Hopefully 343 get it working.

We say this after every season and it just never works out. Have we had any new gametypes/maps in the HCS that are still present?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lmao and yet another year (or two?) of the same stale maps and the same three gamemodes. Thank god we still have MLG hype, I wouldn't even want to imagine the viewer numbers otherwise.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Moa got beat.  :apg:

Blame my Mum - she was telling me about how cute my brothers dog is and made me lose upvotes.

Worth it though, he's a cutie.

I think adjusted spawn times would be a super easy way to potentially shake things up.

2 more seconds on flag could eliminate a lot of standoffs (Fathom)

3 less seconds on slayer could help avoid a ton of snowballing (Regret)

No flag at home on some maps could also really change how flag is played.

It really sucks watching/playing something like Fathom flag where a team could be way better and still end up tied or going into overtime. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

We need something new after this season. Hopefully 343 get it working.

Playing the exact same shit over and over again is a mistake, but including an inherently broken gametype just for the sake of change is an even bigger one.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Here we are week 3, only 80k viewers for OWL.  Down to a quarter of opening night viewership.  

• Downvote (-1) 1

Here we are week 3, only 80k viewers for OWL.  Down to a quarter of opening night viewership.  

Sure if you want to discount the MLG.tv viewers, as well as the Korean and French streams... Not like 100k+ is necessarily terrible for a non-hyped week 3 match-up.

Can't really compare the inaugural stream of the most well-produced e-league to date with a regular weekday match.

• Upvote (+1) 7