CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Halo 6 for 10 bucks a month.

That's crazy, it's what most gamers want from such services, but I can't see M$ turning a profit from this.

Also, scrims last night;

Splyce - Shooter's team

7-1 Splyce

OG - Ambush

8-6 Ambush

Rec - Ryanoob's team

11-3 Rec

• Upvote (+1) 3

it’s simple, super fiesta is the only fun social mode (action sack blows), plus you get all WZ weapons without having to spend REQ points. unranked pistol/BR start playlists are still sweaty af, which isn’t fun

This is just a huge problem in H5 caused by movement speed. In previous game titles, the slower game play caused more people to challenge and actually fight, where halo 5, you just expect some idiot to thrust slide behind you, so you play sweaty. As a result, the other team gets tired of and also plays sweaty af, the thought of increasing game play speed actually slowed the game down and made it MORE sweaty lmao.

• Upvote (+1) 4

It was incredibly difficult to execute and you have no proof 16 more spots would've popped up. If you think super slide was dumb then you must've thought quad shot was ********.

It was not difficult at all and  you didn't need to "find spots".  Any spot that was a ramp would work.... not to mention the same thing worked to fast fall from ledges.  It was broke af.

Joshe Menke matchmaking update. HaloWC playlist has consistently stayed middle of the pack. Top dogs keep their spots with Quick Play jumping up (presumably because it provides an unranked slayer option).

1. Super Fiesta
  2. Slayer
  3. Heroic Warzone Firefight
  4. Warzone
  5. Quick Play
  6. Infection
  7. Big Team Battle
  8. Legendary Warzone Firefight
  9. Castle Wars
  10. SWAT
  11. HaloWC 2018
  12. Action Sack
  13. Team Arena
  14. Doubles
  15. Mythic Warzone Firefight
  16. Snipers
  17. Breakout
  18. Free For All
  19. Warzone Assault
  20. Grifball

Also evidence that the Team Arena and HaloWC playlists should be combined.  I would even be ok with that playlist having like 20 map/gametype combos in it with the best 12 being used for GBs/actual tournaments.

Also... why have they not fixed the geometry on Stasis so both sides are even?  I think that map could be find if they actually fixed it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

That's crazy, it's what most gamers want from such services, but I can't see M$ turning a profit from this.

I could see it working in their favor, what do you think the console attach rate is? A lot of systems hover between 6 and early 7s, PS4 has a high attach rate of about 7.5 games sold per system.

A lot of the hardcore crowd will probably jump on this, but if they can boost their casual market I wouldn't doubt if this would be profitable. Plus it bodes well for the next generation of consoles.

Microsoft has been moving all their products to service form, windows, office, azure, everything.

They have clearly done their research on this one.

LEGENDARY WZF             (REMOVE)

My man.

snip

Agreed. We are already divided enough as it is. We should have vetoes again so people feel like there is a chance to get their preferred gametypes but we aren't forced to have 30 minute matching times.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I like your ideas for ranked playlists, but in order for the Team Arena/HCS merge to work, the ranking system would have to be better. And settings agreed on.

Personally I'd like to see a few standard ranked playlists where all the settings are the same (radar/starting weapons), and this would include Slayer/Arena/FFA/Doubles.

Then have one specialty playlist rotation for Breakout/Snipers/SWAT. So in total only 5 ranked playlists at a time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I like your ideas for ranked playlists, but in order for the Team Arena/HCS merge to work, the ranking system would have to be better. And settings agreed on.

Personally I'd like to see a few standard ranked playlists where all the settings are the same (radar/starting weapons), and this would include Slayer/Arena/FFA/Doubles.

Then have one specialty playlist rotation for Breakout/Snipers/SWAT. So in total only 5 ranked playlists at a time.

Frankly, if a playlists has to be rotated in and out of ranked, it simply doesn't deserve being ranked.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Frankly, if a playlists has to be rotated in and out of ranked, it simply doesn't deserve being ranked.

S N I P E R S

• Upvote (+1) 2

Also... why have they not fixed the geometry on Stasis so both sides are even?  I think that map could be find if they actually fixed it.

This. I think Stasis always had the potential to be a good map or at least a decent map if it was symmetric. Removing some of the power weapons would be nice, too: Slayer on it is just about who gets the most kills with Rocket, Shotgun and the Brute PR. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well, if Halo 6 comes out this year, I'm set:

I use Bing rewards, where Microsoft pays you pennies to use Bing as your search engine. It's not much, but after like 6 months I get to 30k Bing rewards points. That's equivalent to $30 in redeemable gift cards. But, Bing rewards has a special promotion where you can get 12 months of Xbox Live for 30k points, so that's a much better use of points than redeeming in gift cards. So this is usually how I pay for XBL. Except this time around, I wasn't paying attention and accidentally redeemed 12 months of Xbox Gamepass instead of XBL. They looked so similar and I'd redeemed XBL so many times in the past I didn't look twice. Next thing you know, 6 months of suffering Bing as my search engine was wasted in two clicks. So I now have Game Pass, and am ready for H6!

I use Bing rewards, where Microsoft pays you pennies to use Bing as your search engine. It's not much, but after like 6 months I get to 30k Bing rewards points. That's equivalent to $30 in redeemable gift cards. But, Bing rewards has a special promotion where you can get 12 months of Xbox Live for 30k points, so that's a much better use of points than redeeming in gift cards. So this is usually how I pay for XBL. Except this time around, I wasn't paying attention and accidentally redeemed 12 months of Xbox Gamepass instead of XBL. They looked so similar and I'd redeemed XBL so many times in the past I didn't look twice. Next thing you know, 6 months of suffering Bing as my search engine was wasted in two clicks. So I now have Game Pass, and am ready for H6!

i think i would rather pay than use Bing.

But maybe i could write something that will automatically repeat a bing search in a google tab.....

• Upvote (+1) 1

Half of these playlists should have been culled the moment they added the Custom Games Finder tool.

Well they shouldn't have half-assed it and made it to where you can only join existing games. Who wants to join an in progress game?   Still blows my mind the ineptitude and apathy 343 displays. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Maybe they should pay me pennies every time I play Halo 5.   

Nawwww.  Still not worth it.