CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

There really is no reason for orgs to continue investing in Halo at the moment, as they are investing in Siege and PUBG for shooters with growth potential. Teams shuffle far too often in Halo for new orgs to get invested and the scene has been run with absolutely no ROI for the ones that have been in it.

With low viewership and being attached to the joke that was 2017, one of the most damning things that can be said about 343's handling of the scene is how long it took for skins to get added in the game as well as the announcement that no more can physically be added. Basically the only way for orgs to monetize this game and it took LG and Str8 more than a year to get skins while Splyce took ~9 months. Not to mention after orgs invest their own resources to make the skins, 343 only leaves them up for sale in game for 2 weeks at a time and then tried to remove the weapons that were skinned from competitive weeks after they were announced.

343 has a serious org relations issue at the moment as the bigger games are requiring more investment to keep up and the lack of success, structure and follow through at 343 has driven some away for good.

Does 343 even have "org relations"? Serious question.

It was incredibly difficult to execute and you have no proof 16 more spots would've popped up. If you think super slide was dumb then you must've thought quad shot was ********.

It was incredibly easy man, I'm sorry.

Am I the only one who really does not give a fuck is bigger orgs are in Halo or not? OpTic are literally the only org that provides a (small) viewership boost.

I can understand from a player's perspective for travel and a small salary etc. - however, everyone getting sad at LG/EG for leaving, from a spectator perspective, why? They did nothing to grow our brand and Halo did nothing to grow theirs. So be it.

I'd rather have Halo selling out 108(+) team LANs with MLG than 22 teams turn up at eSportsArena and half of them be big orgs.

If they are not bothered about Halo then I'd rather them leave us be. We are perfectly fine without them.

lg really promoted their team especially ninja. eg allowed @@Towey to do the up to speed series and did the nascar event with him roy and lunch. they didnt pull viewers like optic, but from what i can see, optic is pretty unique in trying to bridge its audience across titles. what they did do is give stability to players and give name recognition to newer viewers. its easierfor someone to follow eg because they know them from cod, dota etc than it is for them to figure out who tmmt is. its no real loss for fans who have been following but it does suck to see nv, eg, liquid leave

If you think it was hard to do then I worry about you brother. It was even easier than G sliding in blops 3 and that had like half the reward.

I must be thinking of one of the other ones then. Because I distinctly remember browsing TB and seeing multiple people talk about how difficult it was.

Spent a few days playing Overwatch so I'd be able to understand OWL. Well worth my time, following this "futuristic" esports scene is super cool. 

Joshe Menke matchmaking update. HaloWC playlist has consistently stayed middle of the pack. Top dogs keep their spots with Quick Play jumping up (presumably because it provides an unranked slayer option).

1. Super Fiesta
  2. Slayer
  3. Heroic Warzone Firefight
  4. Warzone
  5. Quick Play
  6. Infection
  7. Big Team Battle
  8. Legendary Warzone Firefight
  9. Castle Wars
  10. SWAT
  11. HaloWC 2018
  12. Action Sack
  13. Team Arena
  14. Doubles
  15. Mythic Warzone Firefight
  16. Snipers
  17. Breakout
  18. Free For All
  19. Warzone Assault
  20. Grifball

Joshe Menke matchmaking update. HaloWC playlist has consistently stayed middle of the pack. Top dogs keep their spots with Quick Play jumping up (presumably because it provides an unranked slayer option).

1. Super Fiesta
  2. Slayer
  4. Warzone
  5. Quick Play
  6. Infection
  7. Big Team Battle
  9. Castle Wars
  10. SWAT
  11. HaloWC 2018
  12. Action Sack
  13. Team Arena
  14. Doubles
  16. Snipers
  17. Breakout
  18. Free For All
  19. Warzone Assault
  20. Grifball

Super Fiesta being No. 1 says a lot.

1. Super Fiesta
  2. Slayer
  4. Warzone
  5. Quick Play
  6. Infection
  7. Big Team Battle
  9. Castle Wars
  10. SWAT
  11. HaloWC 2018
  12. Action Sack
  13. Team Arena
  14. Doubles
  16. Snipers
  17. Breakout
  18. Free For All
  19. Warzone Assault
  20. Grifball

Are these stats available for older games? I'd love to see the comparison between the popularity of gametypes from H2 and H3 compared to H5. 

To me it says people don't want to play your game properly.

Halo 2/3/R the top playlist was Team Slayer or Social Slayer. It was the most "core" experience (nothing removed, nothing changed) and had by the far the largest population. People liked the vanilla experience.

Super Fiesta being at the top says people prefer playing gobbledygook gametypes over the core game experience. 

Think about League of Legends: ARAMs are popular, but Summoners Rift is by a huge margin the most popular game mode. Summoners Rift is the core game and people love it. If people aren't playing your core game the most, it means your core game isn't great and people want gimmicks or tweaks in order to enjoy it.

In this case, I think it says something we don't want it to say:

People want MORE power weapon saturation.

Which is something HWC crowd already had to fight off once before.

what happened with infused where they kicked jimbo and lost to batchford but now jimbo is back? is that basically it?

The new team Jimbo was on also beat them 5-0 in a short scrim.

To me it says people don't want to play your game properly.

Halo 2/3/R the top playlist was Team Slayer or Social Slayer. It was the most "core" experience (nothing removed, nothing changed) and had by the far the largest population. People liked the vanilla experience.

Super Fiesta being at the top says people prefer playing gobbledygook gametypes over the core game experience.

Think about League of Legends: ARAMs are popular, but Summoners Rift is by a huge margin the most popular game mode. Summoners Rift is the core game and people love it. If people aren't playing your core game the most, it means your core game isn't great and people want gimmicks or tweaks in order to enjoy it.

In this game, I’ll play Super Fiesta over Team Slayer and Social Slayer anyday of the week. If I’m gonna have to put up with a bunch of Random bullshit, Random bullshit may as well be the point of the gamemode. Slayer is an infuriating experience in this game.

Why is the Slayer playlist so popular? Objective > Slayer, even with all the solo queue problems for objective game modes.

Slayer is mindless shooting, objective requires you to think. 

it’s simple, super fiesta is the only fun social mode (action sack blows), plus you get all WZ weapons without having to spend REQ points. unranked pistol/BR start playlists are still sweaty af, which isn’t fun