CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

You're right, the 2k wasn't important.

I dont see how skipping oddball preserved the "importance" of the 2k. If anything, it put an asterisk on the tournament because people were playing by different rules.

Now oddball is in for atleast ANOTHER WEEK. all the boycott did was prolong oddball's existence in HCS.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

"They didn't have the mental fortitude to play through a series while losing, so instead of improving upon that, they quit and beat up on scrubs instead"

Isn't Hoaxer the LG coach? If they decided to stop the scrim, it has nothing to do with losing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

2K isn't exactly life changing. :kappa:

Why are we still playing 2k's in 2018? Where are all the 12k's at?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I dont see how skipping oddball preserved the "importance" of the 2k. If anything, it put an asterisk on the tournament because people were playing by different rules.

Now oddball is in for atleast ANOTHER WEEK. all the boycott did was prolong oddball's existence in HCS.

Do  you really think that with all the pro player feedback they got, that having the gametype played a few times in a tournament was going to change their mind?

I contend that if they had shut up and played it, 343i would be all "See it wasn't so bad" and we'd be stuck with it all year. This way they at least forced their hand. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

OT: Are Razer Xbox controllers allowed at tournaments? I remember a thing about the onza being banned

just to clarify he didn't say he's fine with it, he said even though it's broken he's fine with giving it a chance

i just don't see the logic in keeping the gametype when it clearly has issues (spawns are busted)

I said the same thing to Sketch, that ambivalence doesn't really equal support

And yeah, I don't see the logic in a lot of things with H5, so not really surprised

just to clarify he didn't say he's fine with it, he said even though it's broken he's fine with giving it a chance

i just don't see the logic in keeping the gametype when it clearly has issues (spawns are busted)

shouldn't we make sure gametypes are viable before throwing them into the competitive rotation, and not vice versa?

343 values change for the sake of change more than competitive integrity. It's par for the course from them.

• Upvote (+1) 2

@CyReN @Saucey Do you think it would be possible to do another HCS pro player feedback poll similar to the one that was done two years ago with the breakout gametype?- (http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/12246-poll-hcs-pro-player-feedback-gametypes-settings/)

If it could lead to change then that would be great and even if it doesn't then the community will at least have the satisfaction of knowing the results/ where pros stand on the issue. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Do you really think that with all the pro player feedback they got, that having the gametype played a few times in a tournament was going to change their mind?

I contend that if they had shut up and played it, 343i would be all "See it wasn't so bad" and we'd be stuck with it all year. This way they at least forced their hand.

We didn't force anyone's hands. Everyone is going to "shut up and play it" this weekend.

Hundreds of teams participated in the 2k. There is no better opportunity to get the gametype played by higher level players from all over.

I don't know why we don't just have a poll of pro player opinions with public results so we can all just stop talking about if they're all for or against it. It feels like Breakout again where some pros said "nobody wants it" and 343 says "we've received some positive feedback". I don't really doubt someone somewhere thinks its okay but I'm interested to see if they'll take like two peoples positive opinion as enough to keep everyone trying to play it

• Upvote (+1) 2

OT but watching OWL now and Puckett referred to one of LA's players, Pine is the final boss of the roster. It's kinda stupid but I like got chills just hearing those words in his voice. Big old dose of nostalgia right there

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Got a question guys. If halo 6's competitive scene went to PC,y'all think halo would be close to the top of esports again?

Halo 6 is gonna be like halo 5 so no

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Got a question guys. If halo 6's competitive scene went to PC,y'all think halo would be close to the top of esports again?

I think we'd be even worse off.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The boycott should have been this week.

Last week they should have played it and then coordinated and said we refuse to play it again, and made a big deal about it. Puts 343 in a situation where they have to remove it or punish a bunch of high profile teams.

The way it went down last week was like a couple of employees waking up one day and not going into work and saying it's because they're on strike. If they made their intentions clear after the tournament last week it would have created more of an impact.