CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

In discussing with our team and MLG, we feel that with so much change and rapid iteration, Oddball hasn’t fully had time to settle and get the proper level of play and review that’s needed to drive an informed decision. With that said, Oddball will be in play for the upcoming GameBattles online qualifiers, and we will continue to monitor feedback closely and solicit input from as broad a group of players as possible. We’re also going to be surveying players from each of the competing regions to get more concrete, scientific data as well before making the final call on the mode.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Nowhere near 15 million people watch TNF.

HAHA yes they do.... That's what it draws on a bad night.

http://deadline.com/2017/12/broncos-win-thursday-night-football-ratings-fall-season-low-nfl-big-bang-theory-nbc-1202227763/

One of the lowest ratings of the season:

last night’s TNF fell 26% in MM from the TNF of December 15, 2016. In the final numbers, that Seahawks win drew a 4.3/16 in the key demo and a total audience of 14.65 million.

Football ratings have been doing poorly (for the NFL) and they still draw 15 million viewers.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The best part is we didn't find out until a week and a half before the first tournament.

Not sure I want to participate in this clown show, but anybody wanna 1v1? Looks like some practice is in order.

I would take that online bracket with a bucket of salt. In the past, online registrations for MS Store events served for little more than giving the employees an idea of how many people may show up. Once there, the tournaments were organized in real time. They either won't be using the online bracket at all (just using it to register players), or it should be corrected to the FFA format. Obviously, I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure there's no need to fear that it'll be 1v1. I'll tweet at Tashi anyway.

I would take that online bracket with a bucket of salt. In the past, online registrations for MS Store events served for little more than giving the employees an idea of how many people may show up. Once there, the tournaments were organized in real time. They either won't be using the online bracket at all (just using it to register players), or it should be corrected to the FFA format. Obviously, I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure there's no need to fear that it'll be 1v1. I'll tweet at Tashi anyway.

Please do, hopefully he can clarify. I tweeted HCS as well but doubt I'll be responded to

Football ratings have been doing poorly (for the NFL) and they still draw 15 million viewers.

* F A K E   N E W S *

What a damn tease

It's like vaguebooking. If you've got something to post, post it. Don't be a drama queen

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What a damn tease

My interpretation of the post that was quoted combined with his response to my post on waypoint is they are trying to get the powers that be to ignore the noise and listen to people who actually know what they're talking about...

"I also want to dispel this perception, again, that somehow the "HCS team is just listening to 'casuals' on reddit and Waypoint to make these determinations." That's 100% false. If we were talking about "should Oddball be included in social playlists in Halo 5?" then yes, we'd look to that broader audience for input (btw yes, Oddball should totally be included in more playlists than HaloWC IMO). But in the case of HaloWC specifically, there are three groups involved in this discussion: Pros and players competing in HaloWC, our TO partners, and members of the 343 team. Following this weekend's online qualifiers an official survey will go out to all players to help inform a final decision."

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just post the link to the tweet if you want to post a tweet, like so;

Thanks, I wasn't aware of the functionality

• Upvote (+1) 1

I mean we know that not every pro wants to get rid of it, @@Mikwen has said he's fine with it and there is probably a few more who feel that way. 

We played Oddball in the South American qualifiers last Sunday, I think they did in Mexico and EU too. I'm not a big fan of the gametype but it wasn't that bad, it's basically slayer with an obj. I think everyone was fine with having to play it and I know some top players here even enjoy it.

heh, that's how it's played in MM anyway  :intensifies:  random slaying with no thought given to strategy or objective play

• Upvote (+1) 1

"They didn't have the mental fortitude to play through a series while losing, so instead of improving upon that, they quit and beat up on scrubs instead"

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hey Halo pros, quick word of advice: if you hadn’t behaved like children and just played oddball in the 2k like the rules stated 343 would have had more data to make a decision. If you truly want it out than acting the way you currently are is not going to solve it.

This is really shocking to nobody but you guys.

They already had all the data they needed, but in typical 343i fashion decided to forge ahead anyway.

Their track record speaks for itself. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Hey Halo pros, quick word of advice: if you hadn’t behaved like children and just played oddball in the 2k like the rules stated 343 would have had more data to make a decision. If you truly want it out than acting the way you currently are is not going to solve it.

This is really shocking to nobody but you guys.

You're right, the 2k wasn't important.

• Upvote (+1) 2