CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

It's been said before, but this late in H5's lifespan it's not enough to be a smart/nerdy player (everyone has caught up), you have to be a solid slayer as well ... players like Cratos, El Town, Rayne, etc. seem to be doing relatively worse now.  Eco is the exception, I think

well cratos isnt even playing h5. he's still determined to get top 128 at a cod event.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Also to be fair, if you truly desire to be on a professional level, you should have to put in the time. If playing Halo 5 that much isn’t worth it to you, “retire” and join the real world where I’m sure your job will require plenty of tedious responsibilities anyway.

If you’re trying to make a job out of a video game, just shut up and do what you have to do. No one is going to feel bad that you have to play video games for an hour or 2 a day.

i agree with you but the guy has 16K in earnings over the past 3+ years, idk how gaming could be his job

PP's have a huge influence over your seed, especially for the non-professionals who have the least amount of time to invest

the system is prohibitive and could be better

you can fall behind real quick

REsdaKN.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 4

People doubting Tim are crazy.

I think he's not as good as he was during first Worlds or the first two seasons of Pro League, but I do not think the fall off is related to ability. His ceiling is still top caliber.

Sure but we talking about that prize money now. You either get a share or not. Meta is what it is and players like Tim are being pushed down from top teams. I don't know if the situation changes or H6 will bring that slower more strategical gameplay but I will be first to shake his hand when he gets back on top.

@@Vivi is back!

thats really cool. he had some really cool ideas about structure and i would be interested in his role and how it interfaces with the TOs we have. im guessing that mlg/gfinity/etc wont operate their regions independently and will work with him on that? hopefully he can come by and talk about it

I was a nerdy player who didn't focus on slaying months ago. The meta changed and now I shifted my focus to slaying before obj. My stats have been good for months now. You guys are using outdated information to judge my playstyle.

Ignore the haters bro, im always rooting for you!

• Upvote (+1) 2

just looking at scrim stats on hdh

liquid rayne

KRJcgq6.png

str8 rayne

eXGao6Y.png

current rayne

rWwaIVg.png

can confirm. gl with the 2ks dude

and i have't used hdh much between the start of fall and now, but @Bad Dub has really done some great work on this site. that team search feature is awesome

Could also add in something even more recent and fairly impressive; during their match in the 2K against Splyce, Rayne had a positive K/D of 1.09(meanwhile all his teammates had <0.7 K/D's), which included a 20-9 performance on Rig SH and best K/D on his team in the slayer.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Every H5 pro is a slayer now, there are no true "obj" players left IMO. H5's gameplay doesn't have room for playstyles like that.

Every H5 pro is a slayer now, there's no true "obj" players left IMO. H5's gameplay doesn't have room for playstyles like that.

Makes sense, considering Strongholds is just Slayer with some shit to hold, and Oddball is stat heaven.

Flag's the only decent gametype

• Upvote (+1) 3

I was a nerdy player who didn't focus on slaying months ago. The meta changed and now I shifted my focus to slaying before obj. My stats have been good for months now. You guys are using outdated information to judge my playstyle.

Most ppl look first at obvious things like standings and roster changes. You shouldn't blame noone for that. Good luck.

just looking at scrim stats on hdh

liquid rayne

KRJcgq6.png

str8 rayne

eXGao6Y.png

current rayne

rWwaIVg.png

can confirm. gl with the 2ks dude

and i have't used hdh much between the start of fall and now, but @Bad Dub has really done some great work on this site. that team search feature is awesome

I always put things like this in and wonder do people even know you can do these things  :mj:  But thanks for the kind words!

• Upvote (+1) 5

I slipped

Looking back at the video half the time it actually looked like you didn't want to kill them. Great video despite.