CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

It's safe to say Rayne got carried to his top 4 placings.

You don't get carried to 3rd place at a World Championship twice or beating Envy Us multiple times on LAN to place 2nd. What is your logic behind that statement? Because his teammates are now doing better? 

• Upvote (+1) 9

Who is tapping buttons playing with? Glad to see musa get on a good team

Shock the World with Atzo, Gambino and CritiGod. They won the first Mexico cup.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wouldn't say Rayne got carried but i'd definitely go with the younger talent over him. They have a much higher ceiling 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This literally describes a 9-5 job dude.

Gaming is your job.

to be fair ryan isn't a pro, and neither are the vast majority of people playing GBs

i don't think 5 wins a day is too many though, you just need to be efficient and smart about how you spend your time

• Upvote (+1) 2

Scrims from last night;

Rec - Instinct

10-4 Rec

OG - Splyce

7-5 Splyce

Commonly, Bxby J, Shooter & Falcated - Ryanoob's team

8-4 Ryanoob's team

• Upvote (+1) 6

Hi I'm a pro gamer and it's literally my job to play video games but I don't want to play too much video games Halo 5 because it's tedious and tiresome.

fixed

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 10

Hi I'm a pro gamer and it's literally my job to play video games but I don't want to play too much video games because it's tedious and tiresome.

It's a horrible system, beating up on 5 rando teams online in what essentially becomes mandatory every single day and is open to obvious abuse. Their job as a professional gamer is to be the best at a particular game, GB's have nothing to do with team improvement, proving yourself in a competitive environment or producing quality content it's simply a forced grind because of the consequences of moving into the next stage.

Forced grinds are fine if they are limited outside of the main competitions. For example FPL and ESEA Rank S in CSGO encourage players to grind but it's done in a way where it benefits everyone. Players stream their games advertising both themselves and the league, the pro community interacts with each other and individual talent gets to rise up. You are not forced to run FPL or ESEA rank S yet it is still massively more successful for everyone than bashing shitters for team PPs.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Rayne is incredible in more ways than one and I will not tolerate any slander of him

Rayne is proven player but he has been dropped numerous times for more slayer oriented player and those teams got better. We would love to see him success, hope his time will come again.

i mean we can rag on the pros for not being into the current system, but if you think about it, it decreases the quality of their practice time when they would most likely prefer scrims against better teams. i would imagine that having to grind gbs will slow after orlando and we have a definitive top 8 and top teams only have to participate in 2ks. but at the same time, everyone, pros included, have been asking for mlg involvement. no point giving up this system or even crucifying pros for not being too into this grind less than a month into the worlds season 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I fail to see how Gamebattles is "Forced" on any of these teams (Edit: after the first event or a couple 2k's).  They earn way more points by placing well at events and 2K's than they do "grinding" gamebattles.  The purpose of gamebattles is to give open teams that want to put in the work and are half decent a good experience at events by giving them more favorable seedings than the teams that didn't put in the work.  That's why its capped at a certain number of points per day.

The 'Need' to grind for max points every day is really only there for teams that are on the bubble.  And if they are on the bubble its because of their placements in 2Ks and Lans, not because of gamebattles.

I am sure that gamebattles could use some tweaks as every system/process needs as they mature and issues are found but its certainly not some dire situation.  Also want to say that i'm perfectly aware that most pro's are just saying that its annoying and its only the people that think a sleeveless hoodie is a good look that are exploding about it haha

• Upvote (+1) 8

to be fair ryan isn't a pro, and neither are the vast majority of people playing GBs

i don't think 5 wins a day is too many though, you just need to be efficient and smart about how you spend your time

Also to be fair, if you truly desire to be on a professional level, you should have to put in the time. If playing Halo 5 that much isn’t worth it to you, “retire” and join the real world where I’m sure your job will require plenty of tedious responsibilities anyway.

If you’re trying to make a job out of a video game, just shut up and do what you have to do. No one is going to feel bad that you have to play video games for an hour or 2 a day.

• Upvote (+1) 6

People doubting Tim are crazy.

I think he's not as good as he was during first Worlds or the first two seasons of Pro League, but I do not think the fall off is related to ability. His ceiling is still top caliber.

• Upvote (+1) 1

People are still getting paid to play halo 5, so they shouldn't complain.

You know I see this posted a lot. Here and in other places. Why can't they voice their frustration? We keep saying it's their job. What you don't have complaints about your job? They aren't guaranteed payment like most of us are.

Just because it's them playing a video game, something that we do in our leisure time, doesn't mean they don't have the right to criticize the process. I don't have an opinion one way or the other with this GB thing, but statements like this come from a place of ignorance in my opinion.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

People are still getting paid to play halo 5, so they shouldn't complain.

If that's their job( lets not discuss the quality of it now because its not the point) and their job is somehow turning into a worse experience than before, they have the right to voice their opinions and frustrations about it, just like any other regular worker would do if their job was turning worse than before.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Why am I getting disagreed with on that post? I don't mind the GB system, it's kinda nice to play something other than MM or scrims.

I was calling people out for complaining.

We finally get everything we want, and people just still find pointless things to bitch about.

Oddball is warranted but was handled completely wrong.

I think most people are reacting to the sleeveless bambino video.  I think you and ryan's feelings are reasonable.

Rayne is proven player but he has been dropped numerous times for more slayer oriented player and those teams got better. We would love to see him success, hope his time will come again.

It's been said before, but this late in H5's lifespan it's not enough to be a smart/nerdy player (everyone has caught up), you have to be a solid slayer as well ... players like Cratos, El Town, Rayne, etc. seem to be doing relatively worse now.  Eco is the exception, I think