CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Twitch is this weird dimension that doesn't really exist. Streamers making $500k+ a year getting $100+ donations.

I wonder if people will look back at it 30 years from now in amazement like we do the 70s and 80s.

I've always wondered what percent of viewers are generally interested in supporting the streamer versus how many are their to gain social status within the chat via high donations and the best color sub badge and seeing their name pop up on the screen.

Patreon is similar, I still can't believe that the "Wait But Why?" website guy is paid $150k per year to write terrible summaries of Wikipedia entries and Google search results ... far more people are willing to donate money to strangers than I ever would have thought (just a few years ago).

The super-high donating Twitch viewers have mental issues, though; similar to the poker ecosystem, there are quite a few degen / whale types who are using poker to deal with psychological issues (or avoid them)

Watching these last 2 oddball gakes with optic and "lg" the thing that bugs me the most about the gametype is that the enemy team is told where the carrier is at all times. It removes any creative map rotations and becomes a 'throw grenades here' sign

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Watching these last 2 oddball gakes with optic and "lg" the thing that bugs me the most about the gametype is that the enemy team is told where the carrier is at all times. It removes any creative map rotations and becomes a 'throw grenades here' sign

Did halo not used to show where the ball carrier was? I don't remember, but that sounds very odd

• Upvote (+1) 5

This has always been the case.

• Upvote (+1) 6

:intel: Evidently Oreos dropped Nemassist/Dastroyed for Sabinater/Suspector. So the Naded and Danoxide team is broken up but Brett said that he'll probably not play for a while. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

:intel: Evidently Oreos dropped Nemassist/Dastroyed for Sabinater/Suspector. So the Naded and Danoxide team is broken up but Brett said that he'll probably not play for a while.

So it is basically last season's ronin with rammyy instead of nemassist? Seems a bit lackluster tbh. I liked the naded team better.

*Edit: Sounds like it's artic instead of rammyy. Wonder who shooter's team will pick up now.

Lack of Oddball does this to a community... Tsk tsk 343.

Every Halo oddball shows where the carrier is all the time.

I'm actually open to the idea of removing the Carrier Waypoint to see how it works though.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm actually open to the idea of removing the Carrier Waypoint to see how it works though.

Would probably make it insanely snowbally and difficult to locate any ball carrier that wasn't half ********.  I'm for anything that makes oddball setups, less.....setup-y.  Waypoint is good for keeping people on the move I think.

• Upvote (+1) 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZIbSWtDWeA

Too many nooks, crannies, and ledges in H5 for that. A pulsating icon would be good. Kind of like the flag in cod ctf for anyone familiar.

So it is basically last season's ronin with rammyy instead of nemassist? Seems a bit lackluster tbh. I liked the naded team better.

*Edit: Sounds like it's artic instead of rammyy. Wonder who shooter's team will pick up now.

Shooter and Falcated to2? Wouldn't be surprised if they ran with Commonly and BabyJ.

There has to be a gif somewhere. Has to be. Expecting someone from beyond digging it up in no time.

[media]https://youtu.be/mdcNR_rclVw?t=11[/media]

This is a different Sudd fight but it still gets me every time. Sudd 2 gets rocked in the face twice by his brother before reacting.

The super-high donating Twitch viewers have mental issues, though; similar to the poker ecosystem, there are quite a few degen / whale types who are using poker to deal with psychological issues (or avoid them)

I'm thinking of a two-part name that starts with A and rhymes with Pay Cee Royale

• Upvote (+1) 1

Scrims last night:

OG - Ambush

7-7

Rec - Shooter's team

8-4 to Rec

Str8 - Ryanoob's team

8-4 to Ryanoob's team

Optic also played oddball against Rec the night before, and oddball has been in since late december @@gravitykiller

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Is it true that sabin/suspector where shit talking naded? I mean, not like he hasn't done the same with like Optic but is team drama part of the reason they broke up?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is it true that sabin/suspector where shit talking naded? I mean, not like he hasn't done the same with like Optic but is team drama part of the reason they broke up?

I love Naded, but there's plenty of ammo if someone were to want to talk shit about him

• Upvote (+1) 5

I guess I was asking if oddball will be played this weekend for the 2k?

Yup, unless it is removed between now and then

I love Naded, but there's plenty of ammo if someone were to want to talk shit about him

I ain't saying he's clean, just talking about this specific situation.