CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

lik 1.5k maybe?  Ninja is now a bigshot. Lirik stopped streaming now and all those seem to flock to ninja ... so awesome to see him get the success

I agree its great to see his success love Ninja. But his viewership and subs have just increased ever since the Doc took his break. Will be interesting to see what happens if he ever comes back. I think Ninja would get like 2-3K viewers if he ever streamed Halo. But hes said in the past hes done with console games. 

As for Halo. I really wish oddball worked because H5 definitely needs something new. I think it works on the Rig but is still not that great. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

last night he played LoL duos with another streamer and his viewers dropped to 7-8k. a lot of his current fans seem to just want battle royale

Which is exactly why he needs to do other games every so often.  Eventually BR games might die off.  I think he has done a good job of recognizing trends early.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The sad (yet good?) thing is I think a lot more viewers would stay and watch if Ninja played Halo. Halo has fallen out of the spotlight so much that his viewers won't say, "oh, I don't like Halo" and leave, they would be intrigued.

IMO it would almost be like when Summit plays Outlast or Sodapoppin plays Dark Souls.

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds and Ninja Stream Discussion 

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds and Sudds Fighting

#weback

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Meme of the Day discussion

• Upvote (+1) 8

Ive been an Ninja sub for a few months now. Super happy to see his success. Fortnite has done amazing things for him as a streamer. You can definitely see the correlation between Dr. Disrespect quitting and Ninja getting thousands of subs within a matter of days. Good for Ninja tho he absolutely deserves his success. 

I agree its great to see his success love Ninja. But his viewership and subs have just increased ever since the Doc took his break. Will be interesting to see what happens if he ever comes back. I think Ninja would get like 2-3K viewers if he ever streamed Halo. But hes said in the past hes done with console games. 

As for Halo. I really wish oddball worked because H5 definitely needs something new. I think it works on the Rig but is still not that great. 

Ninja has probably 6-7k viewers that would watch anything he plays. As he grows in followers, that amount of dedicated viewers will go up. Keep in mind, Summit has like 2.3 million followers on twitch to Ninja's 1 million.

The Doc and Lirik hiatus is definitely a huge factor in his growth, but he's been stream grinding longer than they have and deserves the exposure he's getting.

Ninja has probably 6-7k viewers that would watch anything he plays. As he grows in followers, that amount of dedicated viewers will go up. Keep in mind, Summit has like 2.3 million followers on twitch to Ninja's 1 million.

The Doc and Lirik hiatus is definitely a huge factor in his growth, but he's been stream grinding longer than they have and deserves the exposure he's getting.

Him being the top dog in Fortnite helps also, b/c when he streamed Pubg, he had to compete with Doc, Shroud and other various streamers.

No doubt the viewership has helped from certain hiatuses. The growth has be astronomical. Interestingly, he now is only 400k followers from ppl like Timthetatman and JoshOG.

3anN8xO.jpg

Not only that. But his youtube highlights/subs have been insane. He now has 200k MORE subs than Summit. 

His views on those vids are ridiculous as well

Yeejkp4.jpg

Summit put out a vid like 6 months to a year ago naming the 3 things a good streamer should have, or at least some of them. 

1. Be good at the video game

2. Be entertaining 

3. Interaction with the chat

Ninja hits them all usually

• Upvote (+1) 1

Have we heard anything about the rumor of 2 Halo games being produced? That would explain what Sketch meant when he said we had new adventures to look forward to this year, just not Halo 6.  A classic spin off would be nice.

Have we heard anything about the rumor of 2 Halo games being produced? That would explain what Sketch meant when he said we had new adventures to look forward to this year, just not Halo 6. A classic spin off would be nice.

It’s a sad day when the formula that made Halo, Halo is considered the “spin off”...

But I’d take it...

• Upvote (+1) 7

Have we heard anything about the rumor of 2 Halo games being produced? That would explain what Sketch meant when he said we had new adventures to look forward to this year, just not Halo 6. A classic spin off would be nice.

That extra game will be f2p classic Halo, will be used for Hcs. Can be played on office laptop with minimal settings, but still 60 fps, using modified H3 engine. Then there is H6, now full blown modern FPS with Destiny like shooting, movement and abilities.

How awesome that would be.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

That extra game will be f2p classic Halo, will be used for Hcs. Can be played on office laptop with minimal settings, but still 60 fps, using modified H3 engine. Then there is H6, now full blown modern FPS with Destiny like shooting, movement and abilities.

How awesome that would be.

I wish there could be a classic Halo with its own dev team and resources that wouldn't be touched by the rest of 343. I really just want to branch off and leave everything 343 has been doing behind and never come back. We basically have two different series of games at this point and I really think the split would be better for both. One of them would probably die out but at least they would stop trying to smash two different ideologies together repeatedly

I wish there could be a classic Halo with its own dev team and resources that wouldn't be touched by the rest of 343. I really just want to branch off and leave everything 343 has been doing behind and never come back. We basically have two different series of games at this point and I really think the split would be better for both. One of them would probably die out but at least they would stop trying to smash two different ideologies together repeatedly

Yeah trying to find a mix of classic and modern doesn't seems to work very well. 2 games, classic and modern would be both better then what we have now probably.

The performances of every team has been all over the place from what I expected. Especially Optic.

Even =Reciprocity has been doing better and then worse then I expected.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Twitch is this weird dimension that doesn't really exist. Streamers making $500k+ a year getting $100+ donations.

I wonder if people will look back at it 30 years from now in amazement like we do the 70s and 80s.

I've always wondered what percent of viewers are generally interested in supporting the streamer versus how many are their to gain social status within the chat via high donations and the best color sub badge and seeing their name pop up on the screen.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Twitch is this weird dimension that doesn't really exist. Streamers making $500k+ a year getting $100+ donations.

I wonder if people will look back at it 30 years from now in amazement like we do the 70s and 80s.

I've always wondered what percent of viewers are generally interested in supporting the streamer versus how many are their to gain social status within the chat via high donations and the best color sub badge and seeing their name pop up on the screen.

I'd guess the vast majority genuinely are entertained by the streamer if you ask me. I'd assume most people don't donate at all.

But it is interesting you bring it up. Ninja did talk about this a couple months back. He said he made it a point to not do things like sub games or things that gave subs/donors access to him. He said it was to avoid cultivating a fanbase of entitled attention-seekers and people who would create issues if they felt they deserved something more due to their donor status.

And I think there are definitely some streamers where you can tell this is an issue. It doesn't take a lot of "toxic" people in "high-places" so to speak to cause issues.

• Upvote (+1) 5