CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

OG has been uploading individual games from scrims every once and awhile. 

If you get a minute go give it a like, it's nice to see some fresh H5 content on YouTube. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

I like that when Clap gets in here everyone shuts up and smiles.

You communicate like an adult and if you feel like you don't have a voice as an adult this doesn't justify acting like a kid - ends don't justify the means - blah blah blah.

What I keep on thinking about it is, what does 343 get out of putting Oddball back in? It's not like it is some evil plan to screw over the Pros. Put your faith in MLG, if you cannot put it in 343 and let them do their job. Oh but they suck at their job? Then communicate like an adult, because it's still THEIR job and they certainly are not going to listen to people acting like bratty kids holding their breath. The Halo franchise will move forward without the current pros, however, it will not move forward without 343 and MLG.

There were 107 registered teams in the tournament. There were 7 rounds of competitive play. It would have been nice to have all that evidence to publicly showcase the gametypes exact issues. It would have been a powerful bargaining tool and a learning tool.

I think 343 desperately wants to add variety to a game that has been long in the tooth for a while. That's ALL they get out of forcing it.

i'm curious, how do you suggest the pros take a stand against oddball?

give feedback?  :kappa:

Put someone in charge who will actually take a large amount of time to consider map balance when creating settings. There is more to Halo design than just tweaking Custom Game options and adjusting initial spawns.

I'm totally on board with the pros not wanting to play Oddball, they shouldn't be forced to play something that isn't fun, but let's not pretend that Strongside (or whoever worked on settings) didn't just slap Oddball onto the default Slayer maps/layouts and call it a day.

No one actually took the time to try and make Oddball work.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Put someone in charge who will actually take a large amount of time to consider map balance when creating settings. There is more to Halo design than just tweaking Custom Game options and adjusting initial spawns.

I'm totally on board with the pros not wanting to play Oddball, they shouldn't be forced to play something that isn't fun, but let's not pretend that Strongside (or whoever worked on settings) didn't just slap Oddball onto the default Slayer maps/layouts and call it a day.

No one actually took the time to try and make Oddball work.

Sounds like the issue is the lack of spawn influence on the ball. That would take coders, not settings tweaks
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Sounds like the issue is the lack of spawn influence on the ball. That would take coders, not settings tweaks

That's just one of many potential problems.

That's just one of many potential problems.

From what I'm hearing, i doubt it can come close to being fixed without first addressing this.

What are some other fixes that could help right the ship?

People will give him a pass because he's PJ, and I love PJ too, but the "we aren't playing this gametype because no one practiced it" is one of the most immature statements I've seen come out of Halo pros in a while.

I sympathize with his argument and thinking, but I don't agree with it.

• Upvote (+1) 5

they shouldn't be forced to play something that isn't fun, 

This is where I disagree, They are Pros, gotta behave like a Pro. That means treating doing things that aren't necessarily fun,and making the best of the situation you are in. I understand they might feel let down by 343, (few or none of us know exactly what they were told), but in the end they were participating in a tournament where that was one of the gametypes, and instead of us sitting here discussing how the gametype could be improved, we are discussing there level of professionalism. Not a godd way to attract orgs and sponsors to youself.

• Upvote (+1) 3

At this point I feel like it would be in tapping buttons best interest to just play for a Mexican team. He's almost guaranteed to win his regional tournament plus a solid chance at top 12 maybe even top 8 at worlds depending on his teammates.

If he goes into Orlando with no pro points he risks getting bracket fucked and not making regionals/worlds at all.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Here are the pro point team standings after week 1

Divine Damsel outplaced Rayne in a Halo tournament

• Upvote (+1) 1

These stand out for me for different reasons. Obviously, its first tournament, its online and there will be roster changes, but still. 

qI8jZne.jpg

Nevermind Pro points. I appreciate the 1 Beyond point I earned yesterday. Special thanks to the snowflakes, I couldn’t have done it without you.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

We played Splyce 2nd round soooooooo don't look too much into it =] 

Is DuoDuo here to stay?

How is this list compiled? Does he have to manually add up individual player’s Pro Points or is there a team totals list somewhere?

Since the points belong to the players I’d assume it was a “tally them up” situation.

I'll tell you what they shouldn't do: boycott a gametype in violation of the rules. That is the absolute worst route regardless of their thoughts on gametypes added on 12/22. It is objectively a rules violation and subjectively it reflects poorly on the scene and further exacerbates the communication chain. Also and most importantly now we have zero data from the pro level tournament play to assess  the setting for future tweaks. I'm sure many will respond with how important this tournament is for seeding and they 'did what they had to do' and/or they communicated issues and were not listened to...I get it, but it doesn't mean breaking the rules is the right course of action.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

I get that two wrongs don’t make a right. But, If you had listened to the pros and not forced them to play oddball, you would not have had this problem.

• Downvote (-1) 15