CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I really hope Str8 doesn’t stay with Commonly. They need to pickup the old LG roster.

I'd rather see NV pick up that team and str8 stick with Ace.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Lol.dan"we didn't practice it so we aren't playing it!" I expected better from Snakebite. You knew it was a game type that was going to be played. You choosing not to practice it doesn't change that.

Not one single pro team to my knowledge has practiced oddball. The gametype doesn't work on all maps/not fun/chaotic. Don't just single him out individually because he said something #whiteknight

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 7

What makes this Splyce roster so deadly is that they're able to dictate the tempo of the game so well and interesting part is that they might not even be aware of it. It's the same quality that makes Optic great but it's evident through their communication that they're actively focussing on making plays that will allow them to control the pace of the game.@TiberiusAudley - I don't know if this is too much to ask but do you think we could see the return of "Audley Analyzes" with a Splyce gameplay video?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not one single pro team to my knowledge has practiced oddball. The gametype doesn't work on all maps/not fun/chaotic. Don't just single him out individually because he said something #whiteknight

You guys really shouldn't even have to say anything. The gametype is trash and they're trying to just slide it in like that's okay.

We should be happy pro teams refuse gametypes from time to time because if they didn't we'd still be playing breakout and so on

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

That's not what he was saying. Rules are rules. 

As a PROFESSIONAL gamer, it is all of the pro players jobs to abide by the provided rules in order to keep everything working as usual and to be an example for aspiring AMs. 

We absolutely cannot have a pro scene where rules aren't understood and followed - it would be a joke, and quite frankly, this whole refusal to obey the rules is immature and plain ridiculous. Its what you would see in teenagers when they don't like studying a particular subject. I do see your arguments about the poor handling of oddball etc, but its the first 2k. It will be fixed in time for the next 2k, especially with MLG and Adam working with 343. 

I think you have a point there on some level but at the same time this is Halo where up to this point its kind of been a joke and these players are in a situation where 343 willfully ignores a lot of feedback and tries to force feed this shitty update among many other things. They're used to complaining, getting mostly ignored, and then having people outright lie about their feedback or at least associate pro players with decisions in a light that makes it seem like they agree with the changes. I think this is a good example of the developer needing to give some respect to earn the respect that would make these teams play things that aren't necessarily the best in their opinion. It feels like this is their best avenue to get their opinions out there to be taken seriously from the way players have talked about interactions with 343

• Downvote (-1) 4

Not gonna lie looking at this really shows how little the talent pool is in Halo

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Not gonna lie looking at this really shows how little the talent pool is in Halo

Since it was the first online tournament the seeds screwed some teams over(Shooter's for one.)

Expect the placings to better reflect the talent pool later on.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wym? There's like 4 other "pro" teams that didn't make top8 because they had to face another pro team early on.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

I haven't played Halo 5 in months, but oddball must be really fuckin bad if pros are refusing to even practice it, but put up with Stasis flag for months.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Clap is the hero we needed.

343 cramming in oddball 2 days before a tournament is a pretty classic move by them. Sucks that the players have to play it.

Separate note, I don't think we've ever had this kind of transparency before and I love it.

2 days? It was announced as an official game type like 2 weeks ago wasn’t it?

Edit: l8