CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Halo pros get there input listened to like Mexico is going to pay for the boarder wall...

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Menke right now.

photo-41.gif?_r=1512084066

So they didn't come to V4 at all with Pro input? Don't see how he's lying or how that second tweet is doing anything what you are implying?

I am wya out of the loop and looking at the first page did a bunch of orgs leave halo?

I am wya out of the loop and looking at the first page did a bunch of orgs leave halo?

Evil Geniuses, Luminosity, Team Liquid, and NV are currently not in Halo anymore.

:weback:  :fire:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Evil Geniuses, Luminosity, Team Liquid, and NV are currently not in Halo anymore.

:weback:  :fire:

We got Reality Check. Thats all that matters  :simms:  :weback:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Halo pros get there input listened to like Mexico is going to pay for the boarder wall...

What?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Menke isn't exactly wrong, they did poll us to see what the best maps were. However, with comments section I and people I know who did the polls included comments saying that it doesn't make it playable yet. They DID include us in the oddball process but only used what they wanted to use of the feedback. It seems like we need to take a more drastic measure to get this problem solved.

This post is all under the assumption that 90% of the pros don't want to play any iteration of oddball until the things that can't be fixed ingame(mostly the spawning system, the ball indicator, etc.) are fixed. This is going to take time that 343 don't really have before worlds.

What we really want is new maps. We found good maps to test as well as one(sanc) that seemed like it would be ready to instantly include. However, 343 seemed to want to focus on the inclusion of oddball.

In my opinion, there are wheels set in motion that 343 don't want to stop involving the inclusion of oddball. Basically them not wanting to go back on their word either to the community or higher ups.

EDIT: I, and I'm sure everyone else, really wanted oddball to work out. It's unfortunate that it doesn't yet.

They have to be terrified of doing another season of HCS with the exact same gametypes they've had for the last two years (sans Eden slayer). And I suppose they don't think bringing MLG and the new format alone are enough to keep the viewership up. They've got to keep this thing afloat for another year at least, even with a 'fixed MCC' as a stopgap. 

I like this solution (2 Oddball instead of 4) as long as they continue to work on the spawns. I feel like no one at 343 tight now works as hard in HCS settings as Killa KC did on MLG settings.

• Upvote (+1) 2

EDIT: I, and I'm sure everyone else, really wanted oddball to work out. It's unfortunate that it doesn't yet.

Assault had the same issues though. Do you really think it could ever work?

@@RyaNoob what is the official reason for not being able to add new maps until after Worlds?

Forge frame rate issues. Not enough ppl working on Halo 5 to address all the problems in time propably.

Assault had the same issues though. Do you really think it could ever work?

Yes, the maps in H5 are generally good for Oddball. However, the spawning situation for oddball seems to be the same as for slayer meaning enemies can spawn too close to the ball carrier and teammates of the ball carrier can either spawn with the ball carrier or across the entire map with very little changing in the places that players are. This makes the game extremely random. This could be a quick fix but I'm sure that 343 have not coded something similar into the game to make this a quick fix.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just remember that you could throw the oddball in Halo 4.

Spawning issues don't seem so bad now.

• Upvote (+1) 5

@@RyaNoob what is the official reason for not being able to add new maps until after Worlds?

Nothing official. I was testing forge maps and asked 343 if it was possible to implement them for worlds and they said no. I stopped pushing since then.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nothing official. I was testing forge maps and asked 343 if it was possible to implement them for worlds and they said no. I stopped pushing since then.

Do you plan on continuing to test maps, and pushing for forge maps post worlds?