CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Titanfall 2 campaign is a amazing though :cool:

It was the only thing that TF2 has over TF1. The mp in TF1 was much more fun and fluid than TF2.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Titanfall 2 campaign is a amazing though :cool:

It is a very good campaign.  Battlefield 1 was pretty good too.

I'm curious to see if the CoD:WWII campaign is going to go more the overly-dramatic  sensational CoD route or the "Band of Brothers" route.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It is a very good campaign. Battlefield 1 was pretty good too.

I'm curious to see if the CoD:WWII campaign is going to go more the overly-dramatic sensational CoD route or the "Band of Brothers" route.

It’s still gonna end with a quick time event.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I thought they were backing off of the random spread....

supposedly the random spread should be gone.

I'm sure they are responding to the backlash about it in some way but I won't believe it until every precision weapon in the game has been shown to lack any element of randomness. The BR definitely not the only offender in the test either. If the gunfighter magnum has random kick and random spread as it did in the test, we're gonna have a problem.

It was the only thing that TF2 has over TF1. The mp in TF1 was much more fun and fluid than TF2.

Titanfall 1 is the reason Halo has REQ packs.

• Upvote (+1) 1

y'all gonna buy that new destiny DLC?

game came out 2 months ago btw....

I don't get the complaint - should this content have come with the original game? Should it be delayed so it doesn't feel like a cash grab? 

Help me out here.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't get the complaint - should this content have come with the original game? Should it be delayed so it doesn't feel like a cash grab? 

Help me out here.

Could be either-or depending on what content is being released in the expansion.  

Help me out here.

i've never played D2, but i'm always reading people say there's already nothing to do and the game just came out

so it seems pretty sleazy to me

nothing that company does surprises me anymore, especially after last week

i've never played D2, but i'm always reading people say there's already nothing to do and the game just came out

There's plenty to do. The people complaining are the ones who mainlined D2 for 12+ hours a day for the first few weeks.

Help me out here.

Why do you have so much space for a blank sig

• Upvote (+1) 1

The new model for gaming is keeping people coming back, games can't afford to have DLC comes out 6 months after launch and expect people to stick around. This is why you see games doing passes and new stuff so close after launch within the first half year.

I'm not saying microtransactions, paid DLC, etc is fine - but I get it why they do it. Games are expensive to make and they want to make a profit. If you don't like - don't buy it.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Could be either-or depending on what content is being released in the expansion.

From the Activision blog: 

Curse of Osiris adds a new chapter to the world of Destiny 2, expanding the universe by adding an all-new cinematic story with new and returning characters, a new destination to explore, Mercury and its Infinite Forest, a new social space to visit called the Lighthouse, new missions, new strikes, new raid content, new free roam activities. a world quest to complete, and more.

Seems to be a lot more beefy than Destiny 1's first DLC which was the same price (and apparently thrown together in like 8 weeks). 

I can kinda understand the complaints since the end-game is currently lacking big time, giving very little incentive to play if you're a hardcore player. 

Fair play. There's plenty to do initially but once you finish all the quests, missions, etc and you reach the end game, there's nothing to work towards. I suppose that's the problem summit sees with it? The end game is lacking and they have the cheek to try and sell paid DLC which won't fix the original games problems? I dunno, I wish he'd clarify.

Just kinda standard for Bungie, though. They even did it for Halo before they dipped. I'm too lazy to check Halo 2 but Halo 3's first DLC was three months after launch, Reach's first DLC was two months after launch, etc.

There's plenty to do. The people complaining are the ones who mainlined D2 for 12+ hours a day for the first few weeks.
It's still a problem, though. Just because people have blitzed through all the content already doesn't mean others aren't going to run into this problem eventually. There is zero incentive to keep playing at a certain point since there's nothing to work towards unless you like cosmetics.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

The new model for gaming is keeping people coming back, games can't afford to have DLC comes out 6 months after launch and expect people to stick around. This is why you see games doing passes and new stuff so close after launch within the first half year.

I'm not saying microtransactions, paid DLC, etc is fine - but I get it why they do it. Games are expensive to make and they want to make a profit. If you don't like - don't buy it.

amen, i'm glad i didn't buy it

i probably would have sold H5 if they tried to sell me all the DLC they released for free

and apparently people who bought the $100 D2 version at launch get 2 DLCs included

amen, i'm glad i didn't buy it

i probably would have sold H5 if they tried to sell me all the DLC they released for free

and apparently people who bought the $100 D2 version at launch get 2 DLCs included

I'm probably in the minority, but I would pay $10 for some good Halo 5 maps over the ones we got. Molten, Overgrowth, Riptide, Stasis, Torque, Tyrant etc are some of my least favorite maps in the entire series.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Thats really not true.  I can't level up at any reasonable pace because all the best end game content requires you to play in a party.

I'm probably in the minority, but I would pay $10 for some good Halo 5 maps over the ones we got. Molten, Overgrowth, Riptide, Stasis, Torque, Tyrant etc are some of my least favorite maps in the entire series.

I dont hate stasis i just don't understand why they would fuck with the geometry to make the sides uneven.  Even it out and re-release the map and i would like it.

The rest of the DLC you listed are just bad though. I dont think they can be redeemed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's still a problem, though. Just because people have blitzed through all the content already doesn't mean others aren't going to run into this problem eventually. There is zero incentive to keep playing at a certain point since there's nothing to work towards unless you like cosmetics.

That's why there's DLC. Arguing about there being enough content at release or whatever is one thing but many game devs, including the D2 guys, have touched on the fact that you actually can not produce content faster than players can consume it short of adding needless grinds that nobody actually enjoys. If people choose to make D2 their lifestyle choice bungie can only watch as they complete it all and then complain endlessly. In a lot of ways bungie gave everyone the same amount of content they were going to get no matter what and just didn't actually time gate everything behind grinding some kind of materials and now people are upset that they actually finished where had they added in arbitrary grinds just as many people would've whined forever about that. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

That's why there's DLC. Arguing about there being enough content at release or whatever is one thing but many game devs, including the D2 guys, have touched on the fact that you actually can not produce content faster than players can consume it short of adding needless grinds that nobody actually enjoys. If people choose to make D2 their lifestyle choice bungie can only watch as they complete it all and then complain endlessly.

now knowing this i feel way differently about the DLC

i didn't really consider what kind of game d2 is...