CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Renegades are looking to make a return to Halo, and have talked with at least one of the teams looking for an Org.

Look I know you have Littlefinger as your profile pic but you can't just throw anonymous sources at us.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Could someone fill me in on what the Quick Play playlist is plz

4v4 Social Slayer on Plaza, Coliseum and Truth. Max party size of 2 (despite in-game saying 4, apparently a bug).

• Upvote (+1) 2

And are you saying there's no aim skill on console?

No, that the ceiling is extremely lower due to physical analog input limitations. Maybe that has helped shape your bias. No one takes console OW seriously. Or at least it seems funny to me if they do when there is another version with a much higher skill ceiling.

Here's my problem with what Arg said.  "individual plays aren't that interesting to watch"

Individual plays based on raw mechanical skill happen often in comp OW and are essential to team success.

They are often the most interesting part of the watching experience too. Just go watch the streams from last night. Lol.

Seriously makes me think you have never seen how deadly high level DPS players are and how entire teams can be based around them.

Umm yes it does, dizziness and nausea are 2 of the most common symptoms of motion sickness. Thought it was nicer to say someone has a weak stomach then a weak brain.

OOOOOOOOOO
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Times?

I’m told that the FFA to seed the bracket begins at 9pm Saturday night, and we’ll finish sometime on Sunday. But tonight and Friday I’m sure we can get some entertaining matches on stream.

No, that the ceiling is extremely lower due to physical analog input limitations. Maybe that has helped shape your bias. No one takes console OW seriously. Or at least it seems funny to me if they do when there is another version with a much higher skill ceiling.

Here's my problem with what Arg said. "individual plays aren't that interesting to watch"

Individual plays based on raw mechanical skill happen often in comp OW and are essential to team success.

They are often the most interesting part of the watching experience too. Just go watch the streams from last night. Lol.

Seriously makes me think you have never seen how deadly high level DPS players are and how entire teams can be based around them.

Except for that long period of time where the meta was 4 tanks 2 healers lol. And again it's great that ONE character on a team has some mechanical difficulty. But he's not going against another person on equal footing. That genji is usually trying to flank support not go head to head. That McCree isn't usually dueling another McCree. That's where mechanical skill shines and matters most. When it's against someone of equal lethality. OW is all about team vs team and ult coordination and that HUGELY takes away from mechanical skill. Especially since high health plus healers means you NEED to teamshot all the time. It's not about the ONE DPS because without his tank squad in front of him he's nothing. The game is more like a Moba and less like in FPs in regards to most viable characters. and that's not even going into character balance at all like the laughable state Soldier vs McCree had been in for like a year. To reiterate it is just not that heavy into gunskill in the way that other PC FPS games are. That's really not even an opinion lol. I think anyone here would agree with that statement and that's all people are trying to say.
  • Upvote (+1) 7

Decent monitor and price, but I'm hoping to save up a little bit of money and get a 144hz monitor.

If you go on EBay, you can get on acer’s webstore on there and get one for about the same price. That guy was just wanting to know one that was good for Halo and you don’t really need a 144hz monitor for console gaming.

Overwatch is a game where a Widowmaker can score an impressive flickshot against a Genji...then have a Mercy walk up and completely undo that by simply pressing her E button.  Then you'll visit the forums and see the community vehemently claim that Mercy is just as skillful of a hero.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 4

144hz is the best investment anyone could make if you have a PC that can push those frames in whatever games you play.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Overwatch is a game where a Widowmaker can score an impressive flickshot against a Genji...then have a Mercy walk up and completely undo that by simply pressing her E button.  Then you'll visit the forums and see the community vehemently claim that Mercy is just as skillful of a hero.

Widow should hit that shot on mercy than.

I can 2 shot an elf in shadowrun and have their human rez, by simply hitting their LB button. I'm not sure what the claim is here.

• Upvote (+1) 7

and that's all people are trying to say.

Nah.  Arg literally said individual plays are not entertaining to watch. Which is funny because they are the most entertaining part to me.  And they are based on raw mechanical skill. If your team does not have a kick ass DPS to get picks on Mercy and support players, your team is probably going to lose. It is an ESSENTIAL part to every team comp. Bad aim from a DPS at critical moments can often make or break a team. Blizzard knows that too. Why do you think all the support heroes have such minuscule hit boxes and insane movement. To make them hard AF to take down for the DPS.    

• Upvote (+1) 5

OWL had great numbers and I'm guessing it'll end up being a tier-1 esport, either at the bottom or the top of tier-1 (CS:GO, Dota 2, LoL).  The point is that I don't think OWL will go mainstream in any significant way, which might be a problem.  Dota 2 has incredible numbers but randoms who don't already play Dota 2 aren't exactly watching it religiously, where I'll watch hockey even though I've never played it.  If Blizzard's goal was to make a super-tier-1 esport, then ~400k viewers on day 1 indicates they've probably achieved that.  If their goal (and their investors' goal) was to break out of "esports as niche," the viewing experience has left me unconvinced.  

Their investors goal was definitely to take it out of the "Niche" category and make it mainstream.  The ONLY game that could go mainstream right now is CS.  its the only game that is entertaining enough, has enough followers, deep enough to strategize about endlessly yet easy enough to understand and follow for people that are new.

I know I am late to the discussion, and I started reading through all the pages, but I keep getting sidetracked. I was wondering what the overall consensus was on having Oddball in the rotation. I have gathered from some of the tweets that it's not well liked, but I was still curious.

Has this been added to the list of things that 343 isn't listening to when it comes to what the majority of pros are asking for?

yeah the pro's don't like oddball.  Mainly because of spawns.  343 has been responsive with making changes to the gametype that pro's have requested, but if the pro's are asking for its removal straight up i don't think that is happening.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

144hz is the best investment anyone could make if you have a PC that can push those frames in whatever games you play.

Amen.  Night and day difference.  I also have to say that once you go ultrawide it's hard to ever imagine not having it.   

Pittsburgh Knights are looking at getting into Halo as well. They are co-owned by Rob Lee, formerly of Renegades and I believe, Immortals.

• Upvote (+1) 3

You guys know what is spectator friendly? Halo 1 tournaments. This weekend. With me casting.

twitch.tv/beachlan

Isn't it twitch.tv/vabeachlan?
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Isn't it twitch.tv/vabeachlan?

Both should work. I plan on hosting VA from the main BL stream.

@@xxcloud7xx word looks like I should do that now then lol

• Upvote (+1) 2

thanks @@Chong I’ll probably end up going with that benQ. hurricane Maria blew mine away along with half the roof lol

Can't believe all the overwatch talk. Does this place not have mods? You guys insulting each other over OW oppinions in the halo thread lol seriously now children

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Can't believe all the overwatch talk. Does this place not have mods? You guys insulting each other over OW oppinions in the halo thread lol seriously now children

It's because Halo is dead and there's nothing left to talk about there so literally anything else is more interesting.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1