CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

There’d normally be text saying that he’s following whoever person he’s talking about in the convo. Tashi says to follow HDH when he doesn’t follow him himself.

k. thnx

Considering the build up to OWL the viewership on day one is not surprising. It's like Episode 1 of a highly anticipated TV show. Viewership always drops after the people who want to see what its all about lose interest.

My God, the production quality in these OWL matches is insane. 

Still really chaotic and hard to follow if I didn't know what was happening since I play the game

Still really chaotic and hard to follow if I didn't know what was happening since I play the game

As someone who hasn't played OW, I literally have no gauge at any time who is winning, what the objectives are, etc.

It's incredibly jarring. Same problems that face GoW ESports in regards to the sheer jumpiness of gameplay.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Tuned in for 10 minutes, the production value and arena are amazing. They really have done a top notch job. But like others have said, as someone who doesn't play the game/have an understanding of it, it's extremely chaotic and just not fun at all to watch IMO. 

Hope it all works out for them though, if it turns into a huge success it will be a good thing for all of esports.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just watched the OWL.

Jesus Christ, even the casters are finding it hard to keep up - and even have to use phrases like 'hard to follow' when analysing plays.

Proof that popularity doesnt mean the eSport is 'better'. Unfortunately these days, thats all that is needed to make a big eSport is a huge player base.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I haven't seen this asked - and I randomly started thinking about it..

Will Huke regret going back to CoD?  His nV team placed 7/8th at Dallas (for $4K for total team) and 6th out of 8 teams a couple weeks ago for no prize.  I'm not saying he should regret it, and its still the beginning of the season for them but...just curious if it's a "grass is always greener" type move at this point.  

Probably just adjusting.

Where the hell is the scoreboard in overwatch

oh

Lmao I'm leaving this double post.

• Upvote (+1) 4

As someone who plays the game I find the coloring to be pretty fucky tbh. Esp this purple/white currently.

Granted I was really used to Halo Red vs Blue, when I first started OW even while playing it seeing the "red team change sides" while spectating took some getting used to but this home/away coloring thing is just weird to me.

OW strikes me as a FPS that is very oriented towards a prolonged team-fight style of gameplay that you usually see with MOBAs.

Watching OW seems to be reminiscent of trying to follow a teamfight in LoL from the first-person perspective of one champion.

I wouldn't necessarily call the fights prolonged -- but there definitely is less individual lethality for a lot of heroes, and the game sometimes devolves into deathball ultimate spam.

As someone who plays the game I find the coloring to be pretty fucky tbh. Esp this purple/white currently.

Granted I was really used to Halo Red vs Blue, when I first started OW even while playing it seeing the "red team change sides" while spectating took some getting used to.

It was a little jarring at first but I'm used to it. It kind of felt like I was watching Overwatch through a color filter. Anything to help people follow what's happening. 

OW strikes me as a FPS that is very oriented towards a prolonged team-fight style of gameplay that you usually see with MOBAs.

Watching OW seems to be reminiscent of trying to follow a teamfight in LoL from the first-person perspective of one champion.

I'm not a big fan, the POV's move so rapidly that I can't be bothered keeping up.

this.  what a mess ... I tuned in for a while but nope, a confusing clusterfuck of gameplay.  to be fair I can't stand watching LoL either, so I guess OW fans will still enjoy the matches?

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Overwatch.

W04HVSy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 4

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Overwatch.

And Rick and Morty  ;)     PICKLE RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK

this.  what a mess ... I tuned in for a while but nope, a confusing clusterfuck of gameplay.  to be fair I can't stand watching LoL either, so I guess OW fans will still enjoy the matches?

I'm enjoying the shit out of it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1