CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I wonder if the guys who downvoted everyone raising concerns about orgs leaving a few weeks back will do it again now. It is quite concerning so few orgs want to get into Halo and so many have left. Maybe getting MLG back was too little too late. The last worlds had really done a number on how Halo eSports is viewed.

new orgs will fill their spots and they'll be back eventually

while i agree 100% that ESL did damage to halo esports i think things have improved a lot moving forward

i'd rather have big name orgs in the scene but the only org that affects the viewership when they play is OpTic 

tbh i don't think LG even knows that their team was poised to make 6 figures in a couple months

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Str8 should pickup LGs team. Would be nice see them back at the top.

If there is a team that won't have a problem finding solid org, it's this one. nV still hasn't announced their departure as far as I know. Good chance for them to stay on top. I am pretty sure they will have multiple offers.

• Upvote (+1) 2

While I do agree with you on most points there, I think this OG Halo team is better at halo than the GSW are at basketball. This OpTic team has yet to lose the big one, whereas LeBron stole one from GS. 

I mean GSW with KD

• Upvote (+1) 1

Once these orgs see the increase in popularity after a Orlando and Columbus they'll come crawling back just in time for Worlds.  There will probably be a couple orgs that try to Cloud 9 when we get near the finals.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I haven't seen this asked - and I randomly started thinking about it..

Will Huke regret going back to CoD?  His nV team placed 7/8th at Dallas (for $4K for total team) and 6th out of 8 teams a couple weeks ago for no prize.  I'm not saying he should regret it, and its still the beginning of the season for them but...just curious if it's a "grass is always greener" type move at this point.  

Interesting factoid just got pointed out to me:

I just returned to university and apparently the school I'm going to now was used a lot in the filming of Forward Unto Dawn. 

Pretty crazy, thought I'd share.

• Upvote (+1) 9

The issue is that Halo 5 has stagnated hard. Playing these same gametypes got old about a year ago. I really hope oddball can work in some capacity because as great as MLG is, they aren't gonna make me interested in stuff like Empire SH again.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Will Huke regret going back to CoD?  His nV team placed 7/8th at Dallas (for $4K for total team) and 6th out of 8 teams a couple weeks ago for no prize.  I'm not saying he should regret it, and its still the beginning of the season for them but...just curious if it's a "grass is always greener" type move at this point.  

He enjoys CoD more than Halo and the scene is vastly better than Halo at the moment so...no he won't regret it.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Nah.  The grass in this case, is actually greener.  Maybe he isn't placing as well as he maybe could have in Halo.  But you can bet your ass his monthly salary is higher as is his job security. Finishing 6/8 isn't bad either considering how many more teams and how much deeper the talent pool is in CoD right now.

• Upvote (+1) 3

maybe halo is worth investing in after all  :thinking:

A mere 20 minutes later

So close

new orgs will fill their spots and they'll be back eventually

while i agree 100% that ESL did damage to halo esports i think things have improved a lot moving forward

i'd rather have big name orgs in the scene but the only org that affects the viewership when they play is OpTic 

tbh i don't think LG even knows that their team was poised to make 6 figures in a couple months

I doubt LG wouldn't be aware their team having the potential to win some tournaments, but keep blaming orgs

A mere 20 minutes later

So close

did you miss the renegades tweet i was referencing? 

fyi the owner of the org has personally told me he wants to get into the halo scene

I doubt LG wouldn't be aware their team having the potential to win some tournaments, but keep blaming orgs

you'd be surprised

but you seem to know a lot about this stuff so i'll trust your judgement

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd like to see orgs like the Detroit Renegades, Flyquest, Clutch Gaming, and 100 Thieves step into Halo. Growing brands with some starpower or smart leadership would help a ton. 

Resurrection would be cool but I didn't know Mercy worked outside of Overwatch. 

I just returned to university and apparently the school I'm going to now was used a lot in the filming of Forward Unto Dawn. 

This one?  If so very cool.

landscape_gaming_halo_forward_unto_dawn_

• Upvote (+1) 4

"Why does this place look like it's on a hill? sort of like SFU.....wait a minute"

• Upvote (+1) 1

This one?  If so very cool.

landscape_gaming_halo_forward_unto_dawn_

I walk across that walkway every day to get to the north end of campus lol

"Why does this place look like it's on a hill? sort of like SFU.....wait a minute"

It's been so long since I watched Forward Unto Dawn that I didn't even recognize it until it was pointed out to me. Enlisting into the UNSC also wasn't included in the SFU PoliSci pamphlet I got.

• Upvote (+1) 2

fyi the owner of the org has personally told me he wants to get into the halo scene

You talked to Jonas Jerebko? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

you'd be surprised

but you seem to know a lot about this stuff so i'll trust your judgement

"Major" orgs are dropping out of the scene like flies man. If that's not a tell tale sign, then I don't know what is.

But you seem to know a lot about this stuff, so I'll trust your judgement.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is tuf0xy planning on competing this season? I've seen him playing with pros but don't know if he actually has a team.

As i understand it, he is 100% looking to compete.

He scrimmed with the vexed roster in place of qristola but they ended up going with snipedrone instead and are playing really well.

I dont think he currently has a roster but is grinding loads. Also heard he was trying to get on the infused roster but they would be crazy to change after their recent success.

Hope he gets a good roster though still a few good players around to team with.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You talked to Jonas Jerebko? 

yeah, we follow each other on twitter

everyone loves halo*   :)

*(classic halo)

then I don't know what is

pretty much m8

nV got bought out

EG backed out because they performed horribly

TL backed out because they have 0 sponsors/owners interested in console esports

LG backed out because they really don't need halo in their team portfolio

besides nV our viewership isn't going to be effected by any of these teams leaving

• Upvote (+1) 1