CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I really like this idea (they should absolutely have it from the start in H6), but are there actually new H5 players at this point?

The holidays just happened.  Halo is one of the games int he Game Pass.  I wouldn't be surprised it if went "Games for Gold for HWC!!" or something like that.  With Halo 6 looking more like a 2019 game than 2018, they will need to entice people to play it somehow.

Looks like Halo won't be getting Puckett back. 

R I P

Huh I wonder who Str8 is going to pick up then. I hope NV picks them up if they stick around.

OG 2 - 4 LG currently.  CLG/OG were so far ahead of everyone else to begin with I thought nobody would ever catch up.  It's looking like this season will be the most competitive yet!  :ace:

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

OG 2 - 4 LG currently.  CLG/OG were so far ahead of everyone else to begin with I thought nobody would ever catch up.  It's looking like this season will be the most competitive yet!  :ace:

I'm not so sure. They've only just started scrimming after a pretty damn long break. I'm still not gonna say another team is a particularly big threat to OG. They're normall on a higher plane than most planes, but Worlds puts them in a different stratosphere. They're the Golden State Warriors of Halo

That said, LG has been looking really good.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm not so sure. They've only just started scrimming after a pretty damn long break. I'm still not gonna say another team is a particularly big threat to OG. They're normall on a higher plane than most planes, but Worlds puts them in a different stratosphere. They're the Golden State Warriors of Halo

Also, it seems like online for them managed to get even worse since denver. Not super sure though because im used to watching lethuls pov and not frostys but he gets a lot of blank melees and blank shots, more than i remember him getting. The worse scrim i've seen OG have was 3-10 vs nv, so i wonder if someone can top that. 

All of the games were really close. OpTic might have been having a bad night. The competition is going to be really close this year, but, everything is a lot different on LAN

Eh doesn’t look close to me, I see one 50-49 (which OG won) two 100-90(ish) and one 3-2 flag. The rest were either comfortable or dominant wins. Granted everyone is still probably shaking off the cobwebs, interested to see how this season plays out.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Who were BabyJ and Commonly running with before Contra/Dev? I forget...

Ryanoob and Rayne, and before that they ran with Prototype and Str8 Sick.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Also, it seems like online for them managed to get even worse since denver. Not super sure though because im used to watching lethuls pov and not frostys but he gets a lot of blank melees and blank shots, more than i remember him getting. The worse scrim i've seen OG have was 3-10 vs nv, so i wonder if someone can top that.

Seeing a similar thing with the infused scrims, a lot of blank shots and crazy lunges. Their teamwork hasnt been there the last couple of days and the new vexed roster has been playing really well. Watching from snipedrones pov though the shot registration seems comparatively crisp.

Really interested to see the new excel roster with slg, snakey, phlux and qristola. Although i may be wrong about qristola.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So did TR not scrim then? Looks like Snipedown was playing 8s all night instead.

So did TR not scrim then? Looks like Snipedown was playing 8s all night instead.

I don't think Mikwen was able to get on, looked like they 10-0'd Calm's team with Randa as a 4th.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Seeing a similar thing with the infused scrims, a lot of blank shots and crazy lunges.

There's definitely something shonky going on with blanks atm (maybe EU only?)... it's got so bad that WonderBoy has highlighted the centre of his screen on his stream overlay; when you're only paying attention to that, you can see how many blanks he's firing...

• Upvote (+1) 2

I agree, i still see OG as clear favourites for LAN but LG are looking like a solid top 3 if not top 2 team ATM.  Cant wait to see MLG Orlando.

There's definitely something shonky going on with blanks atm (maybe EU only?)... it's got so bad that WonderBoy has highlighted the centre of his screen on his stream overlay; when you're only paying attention to that, you can see how many blanks he's firing...

Yeah, it has been very apparent on particular streams, Jimbo and Wonderboy being the best examples i have seen personally.  Not sure if its impacting particular players or teams but the difference was fairly clear when i switched between Jimbos and snipedrones stream during the scrim last night.