CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I'd say H5 has a few really good maps already, and what makes them work well seems to be a combination of high verticality and claustrophobic design. This seems to encourage the type of super technical Frosty/Shottzy-esque gameplay the best. The Rig, Plaza and Coliseum are what I'm thinking of here mostly. If you wanted to bring an older design back, you'd want to look for something with those traits. Lockout springs to mind.

This makes me think of Halo Reach maps that sound like this. Imagine Countdown, Reflection and Powerhouse in Halo 5, they might actually work better.

Sword Base would still be terrible though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

We are living in a world where HCS had a more active population than Action Sack and SWAT.

Is SWAT even a thing? Huh, I must be blind.

Ninja got his 400 win today in Fortnite, reached 14k subs and have over 30k viewers. Been following him since H4 when we were 200 viewers. I have no interest in playing Fortnite (Halo ftw) but he is an awesome streamer so it is still fun to watch. Miss him playing Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Ninja got his 400 win today in Fortnite, reached 14k subs and have over 30k viewers. Been following him since H4 when we were 200 viewers. I have no interest in playing Fortnite (Halo ftw) but he is an awesome streamer so it is still fun to watch. Miss him playing Halo.

This is off topic as hell but you should give Fortnite a chance. It's pretty easy to get the hang of, it's free, and it's ridiculously fun. I didn't think any game would be able to tear me away from Overwatch for quite a while, but this game has me splitting my time between the two. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

This is off topic as hell but you should give Fortnite a chance. It's pretty easy to get the hang of, it's free, and it's ridiculously fun. I didn't think any game would be able to tear me away from Overwatch for quite a while, but this game has me splitting my time between the two. 

I made the switch from OW. I play both on console, and it seems like console OW has embodied full-blown AIDS the last few months. I'm having a blast playing Fortnite, though.

• Upvote (+1) 2

We are living in a world where HCS had a more active population than Action Sack and SWAT.

Action Sack is in desperate need of a refresh. Might be why it's low, but who knows.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Im glad that HCS is making a rebound after the whole BR/GF catastrophe. Seeing it do better than most warzone variants and team arena is fantastic and a good sign for the future halo events.

Quickplay is also great, because the only way I could chill/warmup on my main was either btb or refreshing customs looking for an octagon.

I made the switch from OW. I play both on console, and it seems like console OW has embodied full-blown AIDS the last few months. I'm having a blast playing Fortnite, though.

Dude tell me about it. It's almost every single game there's a smurf or two farting around on Widow, Hanzo, or or some other hero that's completely irrelevant to the team comp. Not to mention the amount of blatant throwers has like tripled the last couple of seasons. A game like Fortnite where I rely solely on myself is a great change of pace. 

Dude tell me about it. It's almost every single game there's a smurf or two farting around on Widow, Hanzo, or or some other hero that's completely irrelevant to the team comp. Not to mention the amount of blatant throwers has like tripled the last couple of seasons. A game like Fortnite where I rely solely on myself is a great change of pace. 

I honestly haven't noticed difference from beta till now with the exception of multiple heroes not being a thing. It's pretty much been like that since day 1 and at a variety of ranks. I will agree it's draining though. Sorta taking a break from OW but still play with IRL friends but there are matches where I am doing 2k damage a minute getting 4 picks a push and we literally get stomped. It's crazy how in a game like that I physically feel like I can't do anymore and it rarely matters.

Fortnite is a lot of fun but just is not for me. I don't get that competitive vibe from it. It feels like a purely casual game yet I see the ridiculous plays that come from that game.

edit to everyone: ADD ME FOR OVERWATCH. My GT is "Teapot Yo" but I have a bunch of accounts. Add me and tell me you are from beyond. I have a bunch of accounts that range from platinum to masters.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Excepted, the HCS player base is a very dedicated one, and won’t vary much. I see this as a decline of the other playlists.

• Upvote (+1) 8

HCS is now the second most populous ranked playlist. That has never happened before, right?

HCS is now the second most populous ranked playlist. That has never happened before, right?

Once it merges with Team Arena and the new year really gets going, I think we're hitting numero uno.

• Upvote (+1) 1

same here. console ow became a chore to deal with trolls. i wish blizzard would do some sort of small tier console competitive league to promote  more tryhards since it really became a troll/sniper meta. i didnt choose much better for what i play now. league of legends is toxic as fuck but i'm still enjoying it. i've basically given up cod. there's a reason i always preferred halo and playing cod made me miss halo

Tbh, actionsack is filled with the same cancerous gametypes that it launched with eons ago. I’m not sure it’s time to celebrate yet.

Once it merges with Team Arena and the new year really gets going, I think we're hitting numero uno.

ummm....

Political-pictures-do-not-want-surprised

ummm....

Political-pictures-do-not-want-surprised

It's gonna happen eventually. Its always been the plan.

This squad reminds me of the 2017 HWC Str8 roster of Ace, APG, Heinz & Renegade with Neptune in the Renegade role and Lunchbox in the Heinz role. They could be sneaky good.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I thought T2 would keep that team as Str8 due to the Elam blood connection, I'm disappointed.

i'm disappointed too, but mainly because that team could be better (though I'll say this hinges on how well neptune plays) than whatever team str8 decides to pick up 

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/58b8518e005f432381ab99fbcaf931e0/topics/matchmaking-feedback-update-%E2%80%93-january-8-2018/32a5ad6d-d853-401c-a044-8136b9b8f631/posts?page=1

Menke is back. They are adding a playlist to the very top on the social side of things called "Quickplay" with the goal of having a easy to access starting place for new players. Only slayer and max party size of 2. I actually really like this a lot.Gives me a place to just chill and play and not have to worry about my rank + helps others who are just getting to Halo.

I really like this idea (they should absolutely have it from the start in H6), but are there actually new H5 players at this point?